Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Reams stating Sarr has signed on a 4 year deal. TBF he said the same with Bergdich and also JBGs new contract.

If this works out the same it will probably be announced this morning I guess.
  • Not a rumour but Jordan Cousins has been named in the football league emerging XI this year!

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk//news/article/2015/football-league-emerging-xi-who-to-watch-out-for-in-201516-2574733.aspx

Let's hope he signs a contract soon!!

I saw that on the FB group. I was a bit bemused by the dribbling past and beating players bit. No disrespect to Cousins but that's probably the part of the game I least associate his capabilities with. He will get better in this area I think but it just goes to show how these articles aren't the most well researched etc. I mean we all saw the England stars of 2007 a few pages back
  • I know they're playing at a different level but Sporting fans can't believe they're getting as much as they are for him.

A proportion of the fee will go to Lyon - sarr's club before SCDP ...
    Would imagine it's a slightly inflated price so it doesn't all go to France!
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

So we're sending out Dmitrovic, a pretty good keeper, if anything better than Pope. And signing a 30 odd year old journeyman? So much for ambition.

Yep no ambition our owner, not spent a penny on better players than we had last season.
    Were do we get our fans from...Prozac R Us?
    Pretty thoughtless thing to say, but to be expected from you... plenty of insults and hit outs at members and other fans. Worse than someone being negative (may well have been tongue in cheek) IMHO.
    I really couldn't care less what you think or for your opinion.
    Then why do you constantly hit out at me and others if you couldn't care less? If you haven't noticed my opinions and posts on this forum aren't in any form aggressive, yours are increasingly so.. your sole aim seems to be hitting out at other Charlton fan's, bit contradictory to hit out at fans who are commenting on the club they care for, even if negatively? Anyway I'll leave you to it, not for this thread - but it's rude none the less
    "Having read your response to my post I feel that you are right to be totally negative about our club and about the new owners investment in management, players and training ground etc. and even more so on his push to maybe get us in the premier league with the above.
    Furthermore, I think you should post some more really negative stuff so we can all feel like you do.
    I think It is absolutely right that our club needs negative support " - said nobody ever

BTW I hope the bold is not too aggressive for you.
    Opinions aren't there to be agreed with, you don't have to totally agree with someones input on a forum, otherwise it'd be the most boring place ever. Just no need for hit outs at people, Prozac jokes/sarcastic comments and wrist-slitting jokes/sarcastic comments (I could name many more you've come out with) aren't funny and if you think they are then should take a look at yourself. I don't mind you disagreeing with people but leave the sly comments that you can't seem to leave yourself from, alone.. better that try to counter-act what they've said if you think it's negative with something positive.

Back to the rumours.. the reason I commented is because it's a build up and it's increasing from you, shade worrying you can't seem to refrain from jumping on anyone who has a difference stance on situations. :)

I must admit as someone who has bipolar disorder, been in a psychiatric hospital for suicidal thoughts/plans and has to take prozac-like medication, I always cringe when I see 'jokes' about wrist slitting etc
    Will bear that in mind in future. Thanks for pointing out how inappropriate it is.
  • 5 year deal
  • Good stuff, wonder if he'll be at Sarrfend
  • "He is a player the club has been watching for a while and we nearly got him in January, but now we have done everything we can to get him this summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder for how much...Oh...undisclosed. Sounds like a good signing, 5 year deal too!
  • Excellent, one more Defender and then we're done in that area...

With our interest in Sarr in January am surprised we've only really been linked again over the last few weeks (Unless it has been an ongoing transfer this summer)
  • Talal said:

Good stuff, wonder if he'll be at Sarrfend

Doubt it. Kashi, Ceballos and Bergdych all signed a couple of days before friendlies and the games were deemed to have come too soon for them. Suspect we will see an XI tonight and a strong side Friday.

• So our back defensive options now look like:

Chris Solly (effin quality)
    Patrick Bauer (50 odd appearances in the Portuguese top flight and by all accounts looks very good)
    Naby Sarr (played 4 times in the Champions League last year, scoring in one game. 18 appearances in all for a very big club)
    Zakarya Bergdich (plied his trade in Seria A and La Liga last year)

Alou Diarra (played in a WC final)
    Andre Bikey (experienced championship centre back)
    Morgan Fox (improved to the extent that Wiggins being let go isnt being seen as a disaster).

Oh for the days of Miguel Llera, Simon Francis (the charlton version), Martin Cranie et al.

Looks good, doesn't it!
  • Reckon first match of the season our team will be:

Pope
    Solly - Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Cousins - Charles-Cook
    Watt - Makienok

When we've a fully fit squad it'll be

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Sarr - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Cousins - Bergdich
    Watt - Makienok

Agree with the bottom team. But that would be so Charlton to have all these players sitting on the sideline. There are still 2 friendlies to go, and they must have had a bit of a pre season at their old clubs, plus a couple of weeks with us.

Get them in the team - we have a hard enough start as it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember that we must have 9 homegrown players in the 18.
  • Reckon first match of the season our team will be:

Pope
    Solly - Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Cousins - Charles-Cook
    Watt - Makienok

When we've a fully fit squad it'll be

Henderson
    Solly - Bauer - Sarr - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Cousins - Bergdich
    Watt - Makienok

I'm going for:

Henderson
    Solly Bauer Sarr Bergdich
    Ba Kashi/Cousins
    Gudmonsson Watt Caballos
    Makienok
    One armed Henderson ?
  • Ross said:

Remember that we must have 9 homegrown players in the 18.

Henderson / Solly / Fox / Gudmundsson / Ba / Cousins / Watt must all be considered as part of the Homegrown rule?
  • Ceballos with Spurs since 2011. Does he count yet?
  • Ross said:

Henderson / Solly / Fox / Gudmundsson / Ba / Cousins / Watt must all be considered as part of the Homegrown rule?
    Not Watt (Scottish does not count). Ba and Johan may or may not? Pope, Hendo, Solly, Fox, Harriot, Jackson, Cousins, Bikey, Lennon, and KAG will, as will Cebellos I think.
  • And for a club that has had some pretty decent keepers over the last 30 years we are making a right mess of it for the last 2 years.

Ross said:

Pope/ Hendo, Solly, Cousins, Watt. Then we should expect the likes of Jacko, Fox, KAG, RCC, Mitov , THD to be among the 18
  • I think ceballos counts as he was under 18 when spurs signed him
  • Pedro45 said:

Ross said:

Not Watt (Scottish does not count). Ba and Johan may or may not? Pope, Hendo, Solly, Fox, Harriot, Jackson, Cousins, Bikey, Lennon, and KAG will, as will Cebellos I think.
    How come Scottish doesnt count yet Spanish can? (i.e. Fabregas or Cebellos)

I'd have thought Johann would seeing he was in the Chelsea / Fulham Youth Academies in 2006-2007, dont think Ba does count cos he signed for Sunderland too old
  • "A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!