Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Vetokele, Watt, Makienok and KAG are fine.

Ansah is the answer
  • edited July 2015

Vetokele, Watt, Makienok and KAG are fine.

I agree with this unless it becomes apparent that Igor has long term fitness concerns in which case we would need to re-visit.
  • If we do get another striker in then I see it being a FPL loan once it's clear Vetokele is still unfit
  • WE NEED A STRIKER !!!

No we don't, we will play 5 midfielders and Makienoknokknocking them down for them to run on to
  • edited July 2015

Vetokele, Watt, Makienok and KAG are fine.

I doubt if they will get much more than 25 -30 goals between them. Igors not fully fit & certainly not the plyer he was 12 months ago, Watt is not an out & out striker & Makienok will be used for knock downs. For the games I've seen so fat KAG may get a few goals but he is still young and pretty much untried,
  • Ceballos can play up front, I think

For the games I've seen so fat KAG may get a few goals but he is still young and pretty much untried,
    That's a bit harsh

I doubt if they will get much more than 25 -30 goals between them. Igors not fully fit & certainly not the plyer he was 12 months ago, Watt is not an out & out striker & Makienok will be used for knock downs. For the games I've seen so fat KAG may get a few goals but he is still young and pretty much untried,
    I wouldn't say KAG was fat!

I can't believe I'm agreeing with golfie, but I fear it may be right.

Vetokele 8 (if injured and not playing as only 2 will play)
    Watt 12
    Makienok 9
    KAG 1
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

WE NEED A STRIKER !!!

No we don't, we will play 5 midfielders and Makienoknokknocking them down for them to run on to
    Wimbledon from the 80s?
  • Now I get excited about Henry as I know about his pedigree. The rest may be OK but suspect some are good and some poor. What worries me are all appear to be on long contracts and may be hard to shift, if rubbish, or move on if we make it to the prem and not of prem standard.

Finally, our forward line looks short of goals to me. Only Johan is likely to score regularly imo.
  • Rumours Galore ‏@RumoursRightNow 9m9 minutes ago
    James Henry will be in London Thursday to have a medical and finalise the move. #cafc #wwfc

Details
    Rumours Galore ‏@RumoursRightNow 10m10 minutes ago
    According to our reports we are being told that Wolves have accepted a bid in the region of £700k for winger James Henry. #cafc #wwfc

Details

WARNING this is from a site with 10 followers.

Wolves getting him fit to pass his medical. Henry starts for Wolves tonight at home to Aston Villa :0)

• I doubt if they will get much more than 25 -30 goals between them. Igors not fully fit & certainly not the plyer he was 12 months ago, Watt is not an out & out striker & Makienok will be used for knock downs. For the games I've seen so fat KAG may get a few goals but he is still young and pretty much untried,

Think our midfield and defence could weigh in with quite a few goals
  • Rumours Galore ‏@RumoursRightNow 9m9 minutes ago
    James Henry will be in London Thursday to have a medical and finalise the move. #cafc #wwfc

Details
    Rumours Galore ‏@RumoursRightNow 10m10 minutes ago
    According to our reports we are being told that Wolves have accepted a bid in the region of £700k for winger James Henry. #cafc #wwfc

Details

WARNING this is from a site with 10 followers.

Wolves getting him fit to pass his medical. Henry starts for Wolves tonight at home to Aston Villa :0)
    That Wolves team looks pretty much full strength. I think we can forget about Henry. If they had accepted a bid or a move was anywhere close there is no way he would be playing tonight.
  • If it's not Henry, could we be after No one
  • edited July 2015

Now I get excited about Henry as I know about his pedigree. The rest may be OK but suspect some are good and some poor. What worries me are all appear to be on long contracts and may be hard to shift, if rubbish, or move on if we make it to the prem and not of prem standard.

Finally, our forward line looks short of goals to me. Only Johan is likely to score regularly imo.

I get your point; in addition to what has been said above about short contracts being just as frustrating though:

If we made it to the Prem then clearly those players who played a part will be good enough to attract attention in the Championship. The fringe players who weren't good enough to play a pivotal part will of course be available for loaning out to Ujpset, St Truiden or Alcorcon.

Potentially a benefit of the network we haven't really seen yet apart from with young Piotr. Whereas Standard Liege saw a similar benefit fairly regularly with their excess players being shipped to other clubs.

Of course this is a huge "if", as excited as I am, I doubt we'll be making it to the prem. I'd be more concerned about relegation with regards to getting rid of players - but relegation clauses are quite standard AND if we looked in danger of relegation I think RD and KM would act quite fast.
  • Danny Haynes playing for Ebbsfleet tonight
  • Rumours of a buy back clause in the Naby Sarr deal.

That's quite normal these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• 28 Jul 2015 12:22:09
    Charlton scouts have been tracking FC Basel youngster Breel Embolo and have been spotted at a recent Basel pre season friendly.
  • Albanian star striker Sulmuesi Ylll has indicated a strong interest in joining CAFC

footballrumours
  • 28 Jul 2015 12:22:09
    Charlton scouts have been tracking FC Basel youngster Breel Embolo and have been spotted at a recent Basel pre season friendly.

Someone has been playing too much FIFA...
  • edited July 2015

28 Jul 2015 12:22:09

Not a chance - far too good for us
  • Apparently Henry had a much improved second half, so the notion that his 'head's gone' is bollocks
  • The same Sun journalist has confirmed it is Henry that we're after.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!