Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• No issue personally if Luzon does not want Bikey involved, these things happen at all clubs, its just a worry that we have started pre season with only one first team CB, who has no experience in this country yet, we need at minimum two more to replace the experience we lost when Ben Haim and Johnson both left, three more if we can't find another Gomez in our academy this season.

Add to that the Buyens, Bulot, (possible)Harriott replacements plus cover for Solly and we have a lot of players to find and get sorted, ideally sooner rather then later so that we don't find ourselves under prepared for our very tough opening month of the season.
  • I have an issue with it – unless Bikey has done something unspeakable (but then he would be sacked). He should be considered for selection. Any good manager doesn’t need to like his players to play them surely.
  • What is the max number of loan players a Championship club can have in its squad? And, is it the case we only have 1 at the moment?
  • What is the max number of loan players a Championship club can have in its squad? And, is it the case we only have 1 at the moment?

Cant remember how many a club are allowed to get in on loan per season but its either 5 or 6 loan players that are allowed to be part of the matchday squad.

i.e. I remember when we had the Pardew Loan Squad when we were relegated from the Premier League and quite often, one loan player wouldnt be allowed to be on the bench because we'd go over our quota
  • The greatest manager we have ever had was equally ruthless with players that upset him.

We don't know the ins and outs. At this point I am inclined to let him manage.

Very true, but I do think that stubbornness was one of Curbs' failings rather than a strength. The way Deano was pushed out still leaves a bad taste

Cant remember how many a club are allowed to get in on loan per season but its either 5 or 6 loan players that are allowed to be part of the matchday squad.

i.e. I remember when we had the Pardew Loan Squad when we were relegated from the Premier League and quite often, one loan player wouldnt be allowed to be on the bench because we'd go over our quota
    I think we can have as many loans as we like but can only use five in any eighteen man match day squad.
  • I have an issue with it – unless Bikey has done something unspeakable (but then he would be sacked). He should be considered for selection. Any good manager doesn’t need to like his players to play them surely.

It has nothing to with, whether Luzon "likes" him.

It's whether Bikey is a team player or a loose canon.

It's whether Bikey plays, where he is told to play and does what is asked of him, or just goes walkabout.

It's whether Bikey is a disruptive influence.

It's pretty plain he's all of the above negatives.
  • Still no rumours
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe he doesnt want bikey in the team because he is just shit? No point playing him in a friendly or taking him to belgium if we have no plans to play him this season
  • My source tells me we are after Fabian Assman, Argentian goalkeeper playing for Independiente.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabián_Assmann

I definitely think we need a few more keepers.

• Wouldn't you rather the club get fans to buy season tickets through player acquisition rather than tacky gimmicks though?

Funny how different people can hear the same information and read it in opposite ways. I was thinking that I am sensing some good bonding in the squad, some good spirit such as I saw at Welling arriving. It must be the old glass half full or half empty, but I know what feels best.
  • rumour

/ˈruːmə/
    noun
    1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
  • This thread is so frustrating . Am I allowed to just make up a rumour ?
  • Alongside Bikeys 'history', and rumour suggesting a pattern, we have another rumoured pattern in regard to Luzon's relationship with Bikey, Wiggins and previously Watt at Liege. The whole situation is not black and white for sure, but we have a contracted player, on a decent wage, in a position we need to sort out, who has shown he can do it in the past apparently being frozen out.
    Maybe it is all an example of good practice and basically I know jack chite, but I would like to know if every avenue has been exhausted before it has come to this impasse.
  • I dread to think what Bikey would look like in the new slim line kits. I saw him come on at the New Den and I thought he was a disgrace. Not in the way he played (although it was pretty rubbish) but the fact that he was quite clearly no longer in a condition that would allow him to perform as a professional footballer in the second tier of English football.

Yes, if it's a doubtful truth.
  • seth plum said:

Alongside Bikeys 'history', and rumour suggesting a pattern, we have another rumoured pattern in regard to Luzon's relationship with Bikey, Wiggins and previously Watt at Liege. The whole situation is not black and white for sure, but we have a contracted player, on a decent wage, in a position we need to sort out, who has shown he can do it in the past apparently being frozen out.
    Maybe it is all an example of good practice and basically I know jack chite, but I would like to know if every avenue has been exhausted before it has come to this impasse.

Me too!
  • Sponsored links:

I thought you did on Twitter the other day?
  • My source tells me we arse after Fabian Assman, Argentian goalkeeper playing for Independiente.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabián_Assmann

Surely Kramer is the Assman? Does this mean we're back in for Kramer??

Yes definitely
  • Not a rumor in sight.

Can we change the name of this thread to 'Middle aged men arguing over the color of shit'
  • Gomez back on loan?
  • I have no idea why Luzon has fallen out with Bikey - but his performance during the first half of last season show that he is more than capable of performing in the Championship with the right motivation. I should also add that first hand reports I have heard about Bikey at a couple of Charlton community events show that he is a first class human being regardless of his football skills.
  • cabbles said:

This thread is so frustrating . Am I allowed to just make up a rumour ?

Yes definitely
    Last years was so much better imho.

;-)

• edited July 2015

This thread is so frustrating . Am I allowed to just make up a rumour ?

I thought you did on Twitter the other day?
    You thought wrong
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!