Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Comments: Cardiff 1-2 Charlton

Comments

• Brilliant day- Cardiff is a really good away trip
  • Was Cousins or Buyens playing CDM ?
  • vffvff
    edited March 2015
    cabbles said:

Cardiff manager Russell Slade: "You could say we have been mugged.
    "We dominated for long periods and should have put the three points to bed. But we have to learn to manage the game for the whole 90 minutes.
    "We didn't clear the danger or get tight enough at one cross and the second goal was totally unnecessary."

Well, a righteous result given how we dicked all over them with 10 men on Boxing Day and only drew. Slade is not cut out to be a manager any higher than league one

Its a good thing that Slade attributes the result to bad luck. IMO, Slade has done Charlton a favour although he doesn't realise that. Hopefully, the next teams Charlton play will underestimate as well.
  • vffvff
    edited March 2015
    WSS said:

You can't really play a midfielder up front. Not properley. I meant two font men up front.

Times New Roman & Arial
    Times New Roman being the centre forward warrior up front and Arial the quicker playing off the front man ?

Calibri and Cambria at the back. Wide Latin on the wings.

If players had fonts then would Watt be Castellar or Broadway. Cousins Arial Rounded MT Bold.
    I am not sure which of the players would be 'Baskerville Old face'.
  • A good win, not a pretty one. Always felt confident that we could come back, even though not everyone was firing.

Pleased Luzon came over too and got a good reception. 5 wins out of 6, got to start to warm to the guy (Guy).

Brother in law still down from Kent so off to celebrate a bit more now!
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Was Lepoint picked on merit or on instruction from Mr Duchatelet?
    Surely there are others ahead of him on merit and ability, in terms of yesterday Church or Eagles for example.

Have a day off.

How long has Lepoint been here? There have been plenty of opportunities for him to be "forced" into the team.

Maybe, just maybe Guy saw what most of us saw against Forest. Igor looking knackered and a decent little cameo from Lepoint.

He tried something different. Its called utilising your squad. It didn't work and Guy reacted, making the change that imo won us the game.

Sorry that Guy overseeing 5 wins out of 6 doesn't fit with your decision that you don't like him, won't give him a chance and by definition imo want him to fail.

We won, it wasn't pretty but we found a way. I find it utterly bizzare that your reaction to this win is a series of snidey comments.

Must have really stuck in your throat when he came over at the end and got a decent reception.

What you write is basically rubbish based on the evidence of what I have posted here.
    One simple example of that is that I have consistently said I am at one with him (Guy Luzon) about winning games, and I have praised each and every victory absolutely clearly.
    Your user name suggests that you have an insight into the concept of snide, but you are wrong about a series of 'snidey comments' following yesterdays win and you won't be able to back up your claim.
    You, along with others such as PL54, or absurdistan or indeed many others simply don't like me or what I write, and it is that constituency that will consistently mention how irritating they find me one way or another.

So what?
  • A pleasing aspect of this good run is that we haven't had a settled side but have continued to play well and pick up points.

The back four has chopped and changed but looks a secure unit whatever players are available.

• vffvff
    edited March 2015
  • vffvff
    edited March 2015

• vffvff
    edited March 2015
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Surely there are others ahead of him on merit and ability, in terms of yesterday Church or Eagles for example.

Have a day off.

How long has Lepoint been here? There have been plenty of opportunities for him to be "forced" into the team.

Maybe, just maybe Guy saw what most of us saw against Forest. Igor looking knackered and a decent little cameo from Lepoint.

He tried something different. Its called utilising your squad. It didn't work and Guy reacted, making the change that imo won us the game.

Sorry that Guy overseeing 5 wins out of 6 doesn't fit with your decision that you don't like him, won't give him a chance and by definition imo want him to fail.

We won, it wasn't pretty but we found a way. I find it utterly bizzare that your reaction to this win is a series of snidey comments.

Must have really stuck in your throat when he came over at the end and got a decent reception.

What you write is basically rubbish based on the evidence of what I have posted here.
    One simple example of that is that I have consistently said I am at one with him (Guy Luzon) about winning games, and I have praised each and every victory absolutely clearly.
    Your user name suggests that you have an insight into the concept of snide, but you are wrong about a series of 'snidey comments' following yesterdays win and you won't be able to back up your claim.
    You, along with others such as PL54, or absurdistan or indeed many others simply don't like me or what I write, and it is that constituency that will consistently mention how irritating they find me one way or another.

So what?
    Third time lucky.

Seth Plum vs Clem Snide !

Going to be a high point scoring contest this one.
  • Kap10 said:

Was at the game. Poor first half - both sides. Cardiff could have been two up but their final ball was dreadful. Seemed like a mid table end of season game.

Second half Cardiff started brighter, scored then we came into it. Eagles came on and we looked more dangerous. Watt ran his socks off and deserved his goal. Surprised Church came on but he won the pen. It looked like a foul but would want to see it again.

All the players came over at the end followed by Guy Luzon who got a good reception. He loved that win!!!

Apart from winning, playing good football and bringing in decent new players, that's all I have been asking him to do.
    Q. What has Guy Luzon ever done for us ?
    A.won matches.

Q Besides winning matches ?
    a.Playing beautiful football.

Q Besides winning matches and playing sexy football?
    A.will play 2 strikers together when fit.

Q. Ok Winning matches,sexy football, playing 2 strikers.
    A. Plays players in right positions unless he has no choice.

Q.Sure, winning matches, sexy football, plays two strikers,players in right position.
    A.will hook players off when they can't perform, Wilson, Harriott or lepoint. even at H/t when we are leading.

Q.I concede he wins,sexy, 2 strikers,in right positions, hook bad guy off.
    A. can win ugly, making players and fans smile, and gives praise to the players and says he only advises.

Q.So other than Winning Matches, playing Beautiful football, two strikers in tandem,
    players in right position, hook bad players off, can win ugly,makes players and fans smile, and gives praise to the players not himself. What has Guy Luzon done for us ?

The Aquaduct
  • Shows how much attention I pay to other clubs, but when did Cardiff switch back to blue as their home shirt?
  • Shows how much attention I pay to other clubs, but when did Cardiff switch back to blue as their home shirt?

As soon as Mummy told them to :-)
  • Not the greatest game ,but a great result. , the day was superb with the kids and all my mates Cardiff great hospitality , Millwall getting hammered all In all great day .
  • Sponsored links:

• If Duchatalet is telling Luzon who to play then at the moment I can't complain.
  • At long last our Wins outnumber our Losses. It's been a while since that was the case.
    Let's hope that our 'Goals for' can outnumber 'Goals against' soon.
    I cannot recall such a remarkable turn-about in fortunes in 30+ years of following CAFC. Mr Luzon has made a positive contribution and should be applauded, as should his rejuvenated squad.

What about last season, we were bottom then Riga came in and turned it around.
  • vff said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Have a day off.

So what?
    Third time lucky.

Latest score -

Seth Plum 0 Clem Snide 22 :smile:
  • fatrob said:

Great result even better when you have 2-1 Buyens last goal @ 100/1 after having 2-1 Bulot last goal @ 80/1 on Tuesday.

I'm impressed, but don't forget to tell us about the 35 weeks of the season when you win sweet FA.

• Driving back from the match to my daughter's house in Brecon we had an unfortunate incident with a sheep Barely touched it with the front bumper, just clipping It. As it lay dying on the A 470 it brought back memories of Simon Church falling over in the penalty area...barely touched but making the most of it. Apart from the Tony Watt goal this will be my abiding memory of the match.
  • vff said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Have a day off.

So what?
    Third time lucky.

Latest score -

That's the shame, I heard the plum hates to lose.
  • vff said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Have a day off.

So what?
    Third time lucky.

Latest score -

That's the shame, I heard the plum hates to lose.
  • At long last our Wins outnumber our Losses. It's been a while since that was the case.
    Let's hope that our 'Goals for' can outnumber 'Goals against' soon.
    I cannot recall such a remarkable turn-about in fortunes in 30+ years of following CAFC. Mr Luzon has made a positive contribution and should be applauded, as should his rejuvenated squad.

What about last season, we were bottom then Riga came in and turned it around.
    We had 4 games in hand
  • seth plum said:

As we're unlikely to go up or down, I'd suggest it's a case of Guy trying different options to see what does and doesn't work.