Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Comments: Cardiff 1-2 Charlton

Comments

• Get up there lads, all the way from Cairns. Keep going.
  • Didn't get to follow much as I was doing soemthing for a school club....... But that was insane!!!! GL you beauty!!!! Never doubted him a bit!!! Hopefully Hendo is just a precaution. Couldn't have started the weekend better!! Massive win!!! COYA
  • Get in the Addicks, a great away win and turned it around to complete my accumulator, £770 from a £5 stake, thank you the boys!

Does it make up for a few accumulators where Charlton's results weren't as hoped?
  • Get in the Addicks, a great away win and turned it around to complete my accumulator, £770 from a £5 stake, thank you the boys!

How was that made up?
  • Great result from an iffy performance (overall), and the run goes on. Really important to keep focused and maintain the momentum until the end of the season. It will help attract new players in the summer and encourage our better existing players to sign longer deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

Get in the Addicks, a great away win and turned it around to complete my accumulator, £770 from a £5 stake, thank you the boys!

How was that made up?
    Spurs, Leeds, Norwich, Peterborough and us all to win, bit of a squeaky bum time when Peterborough went down to 10 men at 1-0 and had about 12 mins of injury time!

• Amazing once again well done to all. Good night from Sydney
  • Great day!! We were shit but who cares? A word for cardiffs support, possibly the worst ive seen, our fans class! Tony watt watt watt
  • Fantastic result. If only we had converted two or three of those draws into wins earlier in the season we could have been in for an exciting end to the season.

Yep but who would have dreamed of this a few weeks ago
    Not me that's for sure. It was only a month ago I thought 7-1 odds on us getting relegated were extremely attractive.

It's a funny old game as someone once said.
  • Greenwich Uni beat South Wales Uni :-)
  • edited March 2015
    I feel utter relief that all our fears at H/T against Norwich have been banished.
    when the only passes forward in 1st half were to Peter Crouch!

Guy Luzon said he want's a team who can win playing Beautiful or ugly.

In the the last six games we have done both. Spot on GL.
  • edited March 2015
    Not many come from behind wins to our name in the last 3 seasons so another feather in Football Family Guy's cap. Slightly wonky starting XI but made the right subs again to correct. Great to see positive early subs. Fair play to Luzon right now, this is certainly the way to go about winning over the sceptics, no wonder Roly likes him.

Good day for two of our more maligned players too with Church winning the pen and Buyens dispatching it.

It's all probably a bit meaningless right now, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy it!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    Not a great attacking performance today but we just seem to have the winning knack at the moment and, unlike the start of the season, we don't need to create loads of chances before we score. In fact one or two will do which is about all we managed today.

Like Harriott and Wilson down the right together in the week, the Lepoint experiment was strange and didn't really work but bringing on Church and Eagles made a massive difference so although a mistake to start with, credit to Guy for making the difference with the subs-also nice that he acknowledged the fans at the end. About time we started singing his name soon?
    Also on that note, as much as Tony Watt is brilliant, we do have lots of other good players-can we sing about them too please?

Don't want to end on a negative note though-great day and, other than the subs, special mentions for the back four, Watt and Gudmundsson who all put in a great shift. Now let's the M4 is okay. COYA!!

• Q. What's red, white and awesome?

A. CHARLTON ATHLETIC !
  • Ms Meire is at the station! Clearly loves her train trips!!!

I'm sure she'll enjoy this one a bit more than certain rail journeys earlier this season...

First class or with us plebs? ;)
  • Just got wifi in sunny Barcelona and read the match thread.

Quality reading it to see the spanners letting in goal after goal and then the icing on the cake seeing us pull it back to win in the last few minutes.

Credit to everyone on the pitch and massive credit to guy for producing a winning performance after the injuries during the game.

Just hope spanners don't sack holloway before we play them.

Coyr

She obviously doesn't go in for the drinkie with the home directors after the match routine then!