Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan vs Charlton post match views

1234568»

Comments

• That result made up for the dismal game in the Curbishley years when we lost 3-0 up there. 2003?
  • " His getting sacked in the morning " xD
  • That result made up for the dismal game in the Curbishley years when we lost 3-0 up there. 2003?

2005 I think in December (05/06). My only trip to that ground.
  • Both Igor and Watt are both very direct players and do play well with each other. I think Igor has suffered a bit in recent times as defences have realised that if they keep him quiet, they keep us quiet. Having Watt running at them means they can't focus on keeping Igor quiet in the same way and the freedom this brings him as helped him find his form and look the player we know he is. A real bonus has been Bulot's form and with the quality we all know JBG has, from seemingly nowhere we seem to have a potent attack. Football is a strange game as a couple of week ago I think we had one of the weakest attacks and now it feels like one of the strongest. It has quickly changed to a positive, but could also change negative with a injury or two though.

Maybe,but the advantage of a proper system is that if you have a decent squad than players can slot into gaps,as we saw when Jackson and Wiggins got injured last week.

With this current structured setup I could imagine even Church working next to Igor up front,or Harriott replacing either of the wingers. The main weakness now is central midfield,as we have no natural replacement for Jackson/Buyens except ComedyLepoint.
  • I cant imagine Harriot or Church replacing Vetokele or Watt will take us anywhere but square one.

Pretty sure that was under Dowie or Reed.
  • no, I think we did lose 3-0 there under Curbs
  • Was it his last season? I think Wigan got promoted in 2005 to the premier. Am sure we lost 3.2 the season after that.
  • Sponsored links:

• We lost 3-0 in 2005/06 under Curbs.
  • Yes and 3.2 the year after

• The 0-3 under Curbs was an abysmal performance, and if I remember correctly resulted in a huge bust-up with Deano. Curbs being Curbs there was no way back (a la Leaburn and Euell) and Deano left soon after. The beginning of the end ....

• THE MIRROR PLAYER RATINGS:

Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Johnson 7
    Fox 7
    Gudmundsson 6
    Cousins 6
    Buyens 7
    Bulot 7
    Watt 7
    MOM - Vetokele 8

Eagles 5
  • Agree on Bikey. He needed this break but could come back strong
  • Dazzler21 said:

THE MIRROR PLAYER RATINGS:

Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Johnson 7
    Fox 7
    Gudmundsson 6
    Cousins 6
    Buyens 7
    Bulot 7
    Watt 7
    MOM - Vetokele 8

Eagles 5

Poor old Chrissy Goals ...... he comes on as sub 10 minutes from the end, good cameo helping tighten up our passing - and scores a well taken goal.

And some clown marks him 5.

• Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

THE MIRROR PLAYER RATINGS:

Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Ben Haim 7
    Johnson 7
    Fox 7
    Gudmundsson 6
    Cousins 6
    Buyens 7
    Bulot 7
    Watt 7
    MOM - Vetokele 8

Eagles 5

Poor old Chrissy Goals ...... he comes on as sub 10 minutes from the end, good cameo helping tighten up our passing - and scores a well taken goal.

And some clown marks him 5.

Mirror mirror on the wall .. about foot ball you know fuck all ((:>)
  • Did anyone mention that the Wigan win was our first double of the season?

• edited February 2015
    Oggy Red said:

Did anyone mention that the Wigan win was our first double of the season?

I thought that was Wilson in the league cup v Colchester followed by Igor away at Brighton. :wink: Good call, let's hope the second one is tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Did anyone mention that the Wigan win was our first double of the season?

And Derby will be our second