Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan vs Charlton post match views

Comments

• Thanks to those that went for posting, it really cheered me up, my son was in a car crash yesterday and it left me numb, would have loved to have been there last night.

Hope your son is recovering well MIA.
    Wish you well.

The same MIA
  • cabbles said:

Thanks to those that went for posting, it really cheered me up, my son was in a car crash yesterday and it left me numb, would have loved to have been there last night.

Hope your son is recovering well MIA.
    Wish you well.

The same MIA
    Yep, I hope he is being looked after well and recovering.

• edited February 2015
    Whoopee! Good night in my mate from Wigan's pub last night...

36% possession and three shots on target though?
  • Having henderson back and Johnson refresh things in defence has given the other 6 in front of them the confidence to do what they are supposed to do. Attack.

I felt positive on hearing last weeks team and the same on hearing this weeks team. Players playing in there strongest positions. Watt coming into the team which takes the weight off of Igors shoulders. We have now got a great striker in watt and igor back to his old form, fingers crossed.

Bulot sounds a completely different player and took his goal very well last night and great to see eagles score on his debut.

Credit to every single player, the coaching staff, the manager and all the fans that went last night. Coya.
  • Oggy Red said:

Loved Bulot's cross for Igor's goal.

The fact that Bulot was so decisive - took the ball from Watt, charged past 2 defenders to the line before picking out Igor.

A winger getting behind the defence and crossing from the line puts defenders wrong-footed, facing their own goalmouth - and the forward facing the goal, charging in to attack the ball.

It's a nightmare to defend.

Something we've not had all season with a right-footed player on the left and vice versa.
  • Thanks to those that went for posting, it really cheered me up, my son was in a car crash yesterday and it left me numb, would have loved to have been there last night.

Hope he is ok mate
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Love this :smiley:

• edited February 2015

Not working, check Jim Lang tweet last night.
  • great interview with Eagles
  • Sorry lots of typos in last post. Hate using one finger

No worries mate
    btw I'm glad Nilotic scored, he's been anonymous up til now ;-)
    I'd never heard of the Nilotic people before, clearly someone has a very exotic spell checker :-)
  • May sound strange but wasn't expecting Igor's English to be so good!
  • edited February 2015
    Exiled_Addick
    It was hard to believe it at the time, but the seeds for this seem to have been laid in the Norwich game. Bikey making it an easy decision to drop him for Johnson, Watt getting match fit and showing he has to start with Igor, Cousons being moved inside and showing Luzon that's his best position and Igor and finally breaking that goal drought.

You also have to ask, why the hell Bulot hasn't played more?

A lor of people panned Bulot after that Norwich game
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to hear that Igor has been working well with Watt in training, they seem to gel really well as a partnership, despite neither being what you'd call a traditional target man.
  • Good interview from Guy there
  • This was a classic away-team 442 performance. We pressed high up the pitch and when Wigan advanced we met them with two disciplined lines of four, with space kept tight between them. When attacking we showed more penetration than I’ve seen for a long time. There were short-comings too. We found it hard to keep possession in tight situations and this put us under pressure, particularly during the first 25 minutes when we were fortunate to emerge unscathed. Also, in the second half, when we had more space to play, we were careless with our passing; I think Wigan’s inadequacy throughout the second half made us casual and over-confident.

The most important impression I was left with was that GL seems to be having a beneficial influence. From the point of view of commitment and organisation the team was unrecognisable from the one I last saw (away to Blackburn). He also seems to have found a system which suits the players we have. I don’t think we have sufficient technical skill to play with patient build-up and intricate passing. The more direct, faster pace of play adopted last night seems to fit us better.

• stonemuse said:

Not working, check Jim Lang tweet last night.

@stonemuse I can't find anything of note. Can you elaborate?
  • Hope your lad's ok M I A.

If we had Coq in this team, we would of had a chance of glory.

That is now the missing link.

Shame Milos got injured as the defensive mid fielder, the other week.

Despite the problems we have with the owner off the field,
    A very strange thing happened against Brentford, we were the side who
    played as a team, and the same last night,

until we can find a mid fielder that can play balls to JBG and Bulot quicker and
    with aplomb we will still take the odd beating for the rest of the season,
    As long as we have a more Pro-active way of playing instead of the passive way of the last 3 coaches( is it in our DNA or just the lack of the right players?)

To be fair To Riga we had so many matches in a short time he did fine.

We won't become a Bournemouth Overnight. but other than Cardiff 2nd half, and Brentford all game, fans were getting bored ? now that is a crime if your in the
    entertainment business.