Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan vs Charlton post match views

Comments

• Six days, six points, six goals. Either by luck or by hard work, Guy's got a good formula and this was after suffering injuries on the weekend. Johnson and Eagles both look like shrewd signings, either he's listening to the right people or knows more than credited with, in either case interesting how much of an impact a defender and a midfielder can make when most fans would have rejected either in favour of a striker! (Which is presumably still on the shopping list.)

Good result, good performance. Luzon could very well be the next Riga - poor reputation, indifferent reception, not the greatest start but by god he finished with style. And this time he's on a two year contract!
  • we have goals from all around and with Hendo back a solid anchor, we could go on a Riga run
  • stonemuse said:

Can't decide if Watt or Eagles is the more inspired signing.
    But with Gud and Igor, not sure it matters.
    Squad looking stronger, threat to other teams as strong as I can't remember when.
    Very, very encouraging.

Plus Johnson and the emergence of Bulot
    Oh yes, spot on there, also greatly helped by security at the back with Henderson.
    I bet training this week will be a riot!
  • Well I have to get a Derby ticket now don't I...

In our current form we would annihilate Millwall, can we play them yet?

Let's enjoy tonight first Jake.

Since the h/t against Norwich to this in 2 and a half matches ?

Stay fit lads, football is all about what's between the ears at times,

Fans as well as Players.

• Almost forgot what this feel like.
    Briiliant well done team and all that went up to Wigan

Made my weekend
  • arthur said:

Another layer of paper over the cracks! ;-)

That's been a thick piece of paper over the last two games :wink:
  • dallas said:

great win always back your team not like some people on here

Totally, still can't understand the couple of people who have wanted us to lose ...nothing can beat two 3-0 wins on the trot
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done the mighty Cafc
  • We are magic
  • pleased for those who have made that trip tonight.
  • edited February 2015
    Well, I don't think anyone would have predicted the last 2 results 7 days ago. Well Done lads, great stuff. Looks like they are all playing for Luzon at the moment, lets hope it continues!

It was hard to believe it at the time, but the seeds for this seem to have been laid in the Norwich game. Bikey making it an easy decision to drop him for Johnson, Watt getting match fit and showing he has to start with Igor, Cousons being moved inside and showing Luzon that's his best position and Igor and finally breaking that goal drought.

You also have to ask, why the hell Bulot hasn't played more?

We'll really have to eff it up to finish anywhere but mid table now.
  • Get in! Celebrating now I've seen the score! 2 fantastic results; I'm in shock - pleasantly!
  • Luzon will become a legend when we smash the wall
    Bring it on
  • Magnificent result for the travelling few and us take it easy crew who stayed at home

Creating that gap from the scum is crucial , safety awaits us (i hope)

20% 7th-12th (Woop woop) 75% 13th-21st 5% Let's not even go there
  • Dansk_Red said:

Solidgone said:

Lets organise a protest against this winning lark....how am I supposed to moan?

Can't you just leave it.

Not sure what you mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw the first two goals on sky sports excellent goals, had to relook at Igor, he towered over their centre halves. Bulot nice junking run and shot for his goal.
  • This is playoff form x
  • edited February 2015
  • stonemuse said:

dallas said:

great win always back your team not like some people on here

...nothing can beat two 3-0 wins on the trot
    Not even two 4 - 0 wins?

Mackay has now not won any of the eight games home games he's been in charge.

• Luzon will become a legend when we smash the wall
    Bring it on

smash who ?
    Quite right oohaah
  • Brilliant result tonight which gives us some much needed breathing space. Just seen the goals on SSN. All really well made and taken. Gives us real confidence for the trip to Derby next mid week. Another 10 points should see us safe.
  • Loving the Fickle CLifers :-).