Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Charlton CEO surprises a young supporter at The Valley"

Comments

• If KM replied to all the emails she has been receiving on a daily basis she'd then be accused of fiddling whilst Rome burns. I'm sure she's busy but grateful you are taking the time to email her but do you all really expect a reply from her?

Perhaps the email from Wendy Perfect got buried in the mass.
  • dizzee said:

Meire will not be so relaxed tomorrow night I imagine.......or Murray.

What are they up to tomorrow night then?
    VIP QT.
  • If KM replied to all the emails she has been receiving on a daily basis she'd then be accused of fiddling whilst Rome burns. I'm sure she's busy but grateful you are taking the time to email her but do you all really expect a reply from her?

Perhaps the email from Wendy Perfect got buried in the mass.

Quite easy to filter internal emails. I'm sure Katrien's PA could help with that ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Jeez, how can some people not realise it's the timing of this interview that's the issue, not the fact that she has "communicated" with fans.

Wednesday
    "Charlton fans hold meeting regarding lack of Comms by club".

Thursday
    Club: " Lack of Comms ? But what do you mean ? Look on YouTube, we meet and chat with young lad with lovely haircut".

If people can't see through that, they need to maybe wake up a little.

Here we go.... yet another conspiracy theory. Some people actually need to get a life!!
  • Addicted said:

Nice thing to do for the lad but pretty transparent! Must have been reading up on Sun-Tzu choosing this "opponent"...

I suspect that has gone over the (follicly-challenged) heads of some on here.
  • Red Pete. Conspiracy theory ? Bit strong.
    Pure coincidence then, that this is released just a couple of days before the Trust's meeting ?
    Not as if she makes a habit of talking to fans is it.

No need for the personal abuse either "mate".
  • Red Pete. Conspiracy theory ? Bit strong.
    Pure coincidence then, that this is released just a couple of days before the Trust's meeting ?
    Not as if she makes a habit of talking to fans is it.

No need for the personal abuse either "mate".

But people will be able to pose the same/different questions tonight at the VIP meeting. Plus if you can see right through this then what difference will it make to the Trust meeting...surely none?

• Difference is, the CEO won't be there will she ?
  • I wonder what time the meeting tonight will be published? I'd go for 7pm Wednesday..

;)
  • I'll stop posting on this subject now, seeing as my opinion means that I "Actually need to get a life".
    And that from someone who knows nothing about me and has never met me.
    Shame.
  • edited February 2015
    So who were the people she interviewed for the head coach? Some with experience of English experience, does she mean that they could speak English?

She also said the Roland knew the history of the club, therefore he must have known what the fans have done for the club, so rather than work with the fans he chooses the opposite.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll stop posting on this subject now, seeing as my opinion means that I "Actually need to get a life".
    And that from someone who knows nothing about me and has never met me.
    Shame.

Don't take it personally. i agreed with your post re timing.

• Redrobo said:

The club communicates via the Valley Review, it's web site, and the local press.

Tomorrow night there is a QA with Valley Gold and the CEO and a Director are meeting fans at the Bromley event.

It is not the lack of opportunity to ask questions, it is that some of you do not like and will never be happy with the answers. I think they go something like this:-

Yes, he wants to build a strong Championship side. He may pump a bob or two into a player if we are very close to getting promoted, but otherwise not.

He will sell players if a good offer comes in.

Yes he will move players within the network if he can see a financial advantage to the network. If it benefits the network we all benefit indirectly.

The stadium and pitch have been greatly improved, as have the catering and the provision for a half time pint. Easily dismissed as 'yes but.....' but it was urgently required.

Plans for a much improved training ground moving forward.

Speaking of forward. Old and lonely forward who wanted to leave replaced by rwo young potential stars costing 3.5 mil.

We have put in place a young manager who has won the premier league in Belgium who likes his teams to play direct football without lumping it up front. We did interview others and he was the best candidate.

We want to bring in another forward but he would have to better than we have and affordable.

Our aim this year is to consolidate in the Championship and look to improve the squad again in the summer. We have only been in charge a year, we have made one or two mistakes but give us a chance please.

This happens to be how I feel about the communication issue. Its not the lack of information but the answers. People want to keep asking in the hope that they get the answer they want.
  • Jeez, how can some people not realise it's the timing of this interview that's the issue, not the fact that she has "communicated" with fans.

Wednesday
    "Charlton fans hold meeting regarding lack of Comms by club".

Thursday
    Club: " Lack of Comms ? But what do you mean ? Look on YouTube, we meet and chat with young lad with lovely haircut".

If people can't see through that, they need to maybe wake up a little.

Here we go.... yet another conspiracy theory. Some people actually need to get a life!!
    In the video, the man standing behind Katrien has been identified as an external PR consultant. It was presumed by those who recognised him that the video was his idea, a presumption that seems perfectly reasonable to me.

The role of PR consultants or managers is to advise the company on the correct public response to external events. Given that Katrien told the Trust previously that she has already communicated the strategy to her satisfaction, the only external events I can think of which would warrant this new attempt to explain the strategy (and the decision to film the VIP meeting) are

1. the public meeting

2. the wave of direct communications she has received from fans, which she refers to in her video.

The debate we are now having is whether the respond has been effective. Judging by the responses so far, i would say that it has had a positive effect on only a minority who have seen it (but presumably including you).
  • Redrobo said:

We have put in place a young manager who has won the premier league in Belgium who likes his teams to play direct football without lumping it up front. We did interview others and he was the best candidate.

Really? So Mrs Luzon following Charlton from late December, the briefings against Peeters, and the Israeli blog predicting Peeters sacking and Luzon's appointment way before it happened, and way before the 'back Peeters' article in the programme...these events were random happenstances were they?
  • Redrobo - cracking post mate, definately a like from me!
  • Looking at that video, finances must be tighter than I'd thought. Just getting got the meeting room was like a game of blind mans buff ;-)
  • No harm done. Publicity for the network machine on one hand, job done. After all it won't sway the opinion of the naysayers, ie; us. And the lad got to meet KM, so one for the wank bank...