Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Charlton CEO surprises a young supporter at The Valley"

Tagged onto the end of the article below. Thought it deserves it's own discussion:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-vip-q-and-a-meeting-filmed-shown-2274139.aspx

"Meanwhile, Meire recently surprised a young season-ticket holder who wrote to the club with some questions of his own.

Rather than send a reply via email, 15-year-old Ben Rudkin was invited into The Valley to speak with Charlton’s CEO personally, before being presented with a signed home shirt.

A short film documenting the meeting can be seen below."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHaO5Qb2CGQ

Comments

• She certainly is a very (sexy and) clever woman .. a pity that she has blotted her copybook over the new manager fiasco .. a very intelligent grilling from young Mr Rudkin and clear answers from Ms Meire
  • She certainly is a very (sexy and) clever woman .. a pity that she has blotted her copybook over the new manager fiasco .. a very intelligent grilling from young Mr Rudkin and clear answers from Ms Meire

Its interesting, but leaves the door open for a lot of explanations, which would be resolved if the Network communicated to the fans. I hope the VIP's going tomorrow watch this and ask the supplementary questions that were not asked. Things like "If there is a misunderstanding why don't "you" engage with the vast majority of the fans and explain more clearly what is happening and clarify the misunderstanding."

The VIP meeting is part of that clarification process and I hope there are people there who are able to ask the questions out side of the written question requirements.

And, of course, for Bromley Addicks there will be 12th March session with KM, where I am sure, if she goes ahead, a lot of poignant questions will be answered.
  • Sponsored links:

• The type of question that I think would open the door to the most interesting exchange (and I do mean an exchange) would be about why/why not, and the reasons for people attending the Valley. Unravelling that one would almost set an agenda in itself, unless the answers wholly revolved around potholes and vegetarian cheese of course.
  • There is "something" I like about her (and its not the obvious!)
    I think she is trying to endear herself to "us" I think she has got a very difficult job on her hands. There is no doubt we are better off with Mr Duchatelet in charge and with Ms Meire as his "sidekick" than we was with that last shower of shit in charge. I know people say yes we have a lovely pitch and some lovely shiny red seats but this was something that really had to be sorted, remember last season when we were ALL embarrassed with our pitch, opposition players "forking" "sweeping" the bloody puddles off the mud bath!! I am not for one minute the powers to be but we must be patient, the man has invested a hell of a lot of money in our club, arguably saved us from administration!? We do have some very good players at our club and should definitely be able to compete in this division. I said months ago that the communication from our club was (my exact words) were pants! A lot of people said that we "tweeted" and "posted" more than this club and that club, but I still stand by my words. It is obviously the way Mr Duchatelet works and runs his clubs/ businesses?
    We don't really have any choice other than to "stay away" (I'm not sure what good this would do the team?) OR to carry on going and supporting our much loved club, I know which I will be doing, and I will not be chanting any stupid childish "songs" at our manager or our players, I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but I fail to see what good can come of all this negativity. Hopefully Saturday was the start of us going on a little unbeaten run which can only bring confidence to our team. I know the "hardened" fans that remember the 3, 4000 gates we used to get in the old second division and some pretty dire games we had to endure. So I still think we are not in that bad a place in comparison to some famous old clubs.

COYR.........

The worrying thing for me CW and I agree with everything you have said, is that they are not learning from their mistakes and the biggest one is that they are not communicating. For a lot of fans a clear explanation as we go on this journey would help a great deal and would have helped earlier. the difficulty now is that after the debacle of January, many are skeptical of what comes out of the mouth of ownership of the club.
  • The kid has great hair.
    I think she is trying to endear herself to "us" I think she has got a very difficult job on her hands. There is no doubt we are better off with Mr Duchatelet in charge and with Ms Meire as his "sidekick" than we was with that last shower of shit in charge. I know people say yes we have a lovely pitch and some lovely shiny red seats but this was something that really had to be sorted, remember last season when we were ALL embarrassed with our pitch, opposition players "forking" "sweeping" the bloody puddles off the mud bath!! I am not for one minute the powers to be but we must be patient, the man has invested a hell of a lot of money in our club, arguably saved us from administration!? We do have some very good players at our club and should definitely be able to compete in this division. I said months ago that the communication from our club was (my exact words) were pants! A lot of people said that we "tweeted" and "posted" more than this club and that club, but I still stand by my words. It is obviously the way Mr Duchatelet works and runs his clubs/ businesses?
    We don't really have any choice other than to "stay away" (I'm not sure what good this would do the team?) OR to carry on going and supporting our much loved club, I know which I will be doing, and I will not be chanting any stupid childish "songs" at our manager or our players, I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but I fail to see what good can come of all this negativity. Hopefully Saturday was the start of us going on a little unbeaten run which can only bring confidence to our team. I know the "hardened" fans that remember the 3, 4000 gates we used to get in the old second division and some pretty dire games we had to endure. So I still think we are not in that bad a place in comparison to some famous old clubs.

COYR.........

I wonder if so many people had not "stayed away" in the late eighties, we would still be sharing Selhurst Park?

Sometimes you are left with no alternative, and short term pain leads to long term gain.

• Chunes said:

The kid has great hair.

Thats not bad, i expected a comment on the hair in the first 5 minutes, given so many of us lifers are challenged in that region.

COYR.........

I wonder if so many people had not "stayed away" in the late eighties, we would still be sharing Selhurst Park?

Sometimes you are left with no alternative, and short term pain leads to long term gain.

It worked then, not sure if it would now. Hopefully there may be another alternative after Wednesday.

• Sponsored links:

• Nice thing to do for the lad but pretty transparent! Must have been reading up on Sun-Tzu choosing this "opponent"...

COYR.........

It worked then, not sure if it would now. Hopefully there may be another alternative after Wednesday.

I tend to agree HA, but I was just airing another point of view really. I like CW1's optimistic outlook, but experience thus far doesn't quite fit with that.
  • The saddest part about all this, is that, the train incident aside, it's the most information we've seen come from the club for many many months, even if a lot of it was recycled answers.
  • edited February 2015
    A 15 year old kids sends an email and gets a sit down interview with the CEO.

He did not even ask if she liked the flowers sent to her by a CL member.

PR stunt which some people will buy into. I am not buying into it though.