Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Charlton CEO surprises a young supporter at The Valley"

Comments

• 4.10 to 5.00 does not really convince me I'm afraid. One comment that Katrien had been to the training ground and can testify that things are 'better' does not convince me, especially looking at the six games on Guy Luzons watch so far. Katrien also describes Guy's arrival as being under 'very difficult circumstances' which does not seem that credible, I mean who created those circumstances in the first place? Katrien firmly accepts at the least joint responsibility with Mr Duchatelet for the appointment of Guy Luzon, not hiding away from that one, but even though she found her visit to the training ground 'better', she does not comment on the 'worse' results following from her appointment of Guy Luzon.
  • There is "something" I like about her (and its not the obvious!)
    I think she is trying to endear herself to "us" I think she has got a very difficult job on her hands. There is no doubt we are better off with Mr Duchatelet in charge and with Ms Meire as his "sidekick" than we was with that last shower of shit in charge. I know people say yes we have a lovely pitch and some lovely shiny red seats but this was something that really had to be sorted, remember last season when we were ALL embarrassed with our pitch, opposition players "forking" "sweeping" the bloody puddles off the mud bath!! I am not for one minute the powers to be but we must be patient, the man has invested a hell of a lot of money in our club, arguably saved us from administration!? We do have some very good players at our club and should definitely be able to compete in this division. I said months ago that the communication from our club was (my exact words) were pants! A lot of people said that we "tweeted" and "posted" more than this club and that club, but I still stand by my words. It is obviously the way Mr Duchatelet works and runs his clubs/ businesses?
    We don't really have any choice other than to "stay away" (I'm not sure what good this would do the team?) OR to carry on going and supporting our much loved club, I know which I will be doing, and I will not be chanting any stupid childish "songs" at our manager or our players, I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but I fail to see what good can come of all this negativity. Hopefully Saturday was the start of us going on a little unbeaten run which can only bring confidence to our team. I know the "hardened" fans that remember the 3, 4000 gates we used to get in the old second division and some pretty dire games we had to endure. So I still think we are not in that bad a place in comparison to some famous old clubs.

COYR.........

I wonder if so many people had not "stayed away" in the late eighties, we would still be sharing Selhurst Park?

Sometimes you are left with no alternative, and short term pain leads to long term gain.

With the greatest of respect Algarveaddick I don't think us being at Selhurst Pk can compare with having our present owner. Look at the state we were in when we was playing at Upton Pk and then Selhurst........we are not in that bad a position really. I remember very well driving to both grounds to support "my" team, and yes it was shit not having a "home ground"
    Bloody hell you have got me reminiscing now about the "real bad old days!!).........It must be why I love "the valley" so much!!!

COYR..............
  • Can see why this winds some people up.

Spin doctor. BS merchant. Snakey opportunist.

Personally I don't care so much what personal opinion the CEO wants to share because we don't have a CEO just a face to deflect attention and criticism from the real decision maker.

Great publicity to the outside world, less so to those actively following/involved with the back story.

PWOPAGANDA
  • seth plum said:

4.10 to 5.00 does not really convince me I'm afraid. One comment that Katrien had been to the training ground and can testify that things are 'better' does not convince me, especially looking at the six games on Guy Luzons watch so far. Katrien also describes Guy's arrival as being under 'very difficult circumstances' which does not seem that credible, I mean who created those circumstances in the first place? Katrien firmly accepts at the least joint responsibility with Mr Duchatelet for the appointment of Guy Luzon, not hiding away from that one, but even though she found her visit to the training ground 'better', she does not comment on the 'worse' results following from her appointment of Guy Luzon.

And Murray did not really comment on Parkinsons and the spivs did not comment on Powells first half season - it is what happens at clubs!!

The rest of the stuff you have said is the sort of stuff that hopefully a VIP will be able to get a question in on.
  • She never answered my email........
  • Greenie said:

She never answered my email........

Or my linkedin message :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• She probably felt confident that the lad wouldn't stand over her, talk at her and not let her speak.
  • If people think that fans like myself, who are in the 'not concerned' camp, are lapping this up then you are off your tits.

A young lad gets to go to the stadium and made a fuss of. That's all it is.

But there's a 'consultant' in one of the pictures.....
  • To people that think it's all a smart game getting the "young defenceless lad in"... let's ask this.

To do this "stunt"..would it be better if she brought in an old miserable "hair-less" long term season ticket holder that is going to breath down her neck and tread on everything she says. (Not based on truth just what her perspective might be) for the direct responses. It would make no sense to do that.

She has probably recieved emails with charlton fans saying the same old thing, yes she could at least respond to those emails...but from her perspective she's thinking she could do it all in one go, based on the typical similar high volume of likely questions.

Obviously the young man is going to be chuffed and probably made his day. Was a sweet thing to do and pretty harmless if you ask me.

Do be pissed off about it straight away. At least think.

• Dave2l said:

To people that think it's all a smart game getting the "young defenceless lad in"... let's ask this.

To do this "stunt"..would it be better if she brought in an old miserable "hair-less" long term season ticket holder that is going to breath down her neck and tread on everything she says. (Not based on truth just what her perspective might be) for the direct responses. It would make no sense to do that.

She has probably recieved emails with charlton fans saying the same old thing, yes she could at least respond to those emails...but from her perspective she's thinking she could do it all in one go, based on the typical similar high volume of likely questions.

Obviously the young man is going to be chuffed and probably made his day. Was a sweet thing to do and pretty harmless if you ask me.

Do be pissed off about it straight away. At least think.

Even at 15 I wouldn't find it sweet to ask questions and not be answered. He was none the wiser by the end of it and they were some pretty were articulated questions whilst in a very nervous position. Only good he got out of all of it was a signed Charlton shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    To be far, I'm guessing KM would rather do an interview with a young lad who is just pleased to be there rather than a beered up middle age guy on a train, can't blame her, now where do I send my email......
  • Mr. Happy said:

Kap10 said:

Greenie said:

She never answered my email........

Or my linkedin message :-(
    And she's not even on bloody Tinder.

Is she on badoo?
  • Grinder?
  • edited February 2015
    They needed to improve their PR and seeing a young fan with our young CEO is fine by me. But why if your a pro football club in the 5th biggest league in Europe spectator wise does Katrien or her PA(still not sure if she's got one) Not answer her emails, lots of CL are self employed, Don't you answer your emails?

Maybe not the abusive or pervy ones(Sorry about that Katrien!)
    But the articulated question that so many people are asking.

Is the plan to get in the premier league or just sell player each season so we stand still ?
  • "For me, one question overrides all others: Is Charlton Athletic being run with the ultimate goal of it achieving the highest possible level of sustainable success on the pitch?"

Spot on pass it to leaburn. Some previous owners may have made mistakes eg leaving the valley but no one ever doubted that football success was their aim. Many do not believe that is a priority for the network owner so the bond is broken.
  • I note that Jimmy Stone's tweets on the broadcast have been taken down, as have their reproduction on this thread by @wwaddickson. Whatever his reason, it jut adds to an impression of rampant control-freakery around the Club today
  • "we interviewed several candidates"

Given the timescales on the announcements the interviews must have been fairly quick.

And no investment in the playing surface for 16 years? No enough, maybe, but none?
  • I note that Jimmy Stone's tweets on the broadcast have been taken down, as have their reproduction on this thread by @wwaddickson. Whatever his reason, it jut adds to an impression of rampant control-freakery around the Club today

Eh?

what's him deleting his tweets got to do with the club???

He said a lot worse the other day.
  • If you post links to tweets and he deletes them, that may be the result in future screenshot then add as attach a file :)

Didn't think JS was affliated directly with the club any more - they can't take those tweets down, only he could.