Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins

Comments

• Options
    Is tough because yesterday the Midfield got us a 3-0 lead so would be harsh to drop any of them... You could have one of the following:

Ba ... Diarra ... Jackson
    Cousins ... Diarra ... Jackson
    Cousins ... Kashi ... Jackson

At the end of the day you have to remember that is a very old Midfield with both Diarra and Jackson not being youngsters sadly
  • Options
    Cousins would be fantastic as a rightback bombing forward , not good enough imo for cm.
  • Options
    I voted for him as POTY and hope he stays with us for years. Good player.
  • Options
    I don't think people are writing him off, but what seemed unfair to me was the likes of Ba, Bergdich, Sarr, Reza etc being criticised for poor performances while Cousins was let off as he too has been poor this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Cousins would be fantastic as a rightback bombing forward , not good enough imo for cm.

He hasn't been playing well recently but he can be good enough, especially in a three-man centre-midfield.
  • Options
    JC's performances, as the rest of the team, have been below par recently but after 18 months of being one of our better players he is due a bad spell. I look forward to him coming back stronger.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    A fantastic achievement to have played 100 games by the age of 21.
    Jordan has been a great team player having played RB,CM,RM and Left mid for the team.
    Talking with my football head now and not just my Heart ?
    If Cousins wants to be first choice Centre mid then his passing will have to improve or
    to go on and play in the Prem any time soon.
    What will help, is having Diarra just behind him so he can go on the surging runs because no other mid field players we have at the moment has the legs to get up and back like Jordan.
    Just a blip, and having 3 weeks without a game will do JC a world of good and the best is yet to come. Fingers crossed.

Thinking outside the box as i do ? the other option would be
    If Solly's injury kept him out for a few games.

I would like to see Cousins and Homes-Dennis as attacking full backs or defending if under the cosh !
    With Bauer and Sarr (don't turn into Bramble) as CB's
    With Diarra as the defensive mid fielder.
    Kashi or Ba and Jackson in central mid field and
    JBG like yesterday in the front of the diamond
    With Simon and Reza us the front 2.
    This formation could work at home, away i would doubt.

If we have 3 games in a week then the subs of Watt,KAG or Lookman up front,
    Moussa in mid field,or Fox at the back,
    The Jan window like last season will determined where we finish,
    as a couple of championship player are needed big time to cover for the constant injuries we suffer.
  • Options
    It's not long ago that we were singing 'he's one of our own, he's one of our own, Jordan cousins he's one of our own'

And he is, and he's good and he is versatile. I am not sure what position he will end up in bit his touch is good and improving, he has a fantastic work rate and defensively he has good awareness. Needs to take more surer touches and strikes to deliver on his promise as an attacking midfielder
  • Options
    And he is only 21. Will only get better as a player. Especially with all these top European coaches we employ.
  • Options
    For the record I've never rated him as a centre midfielder, as said above I hope I'm proved wrong, I think he got POTY because of his endeavour, work rate and the fact he's one of our own.
    Game of opinions.
  • Options
    Can't believe some of you he is class we don't deserve him. Gives it all
  • Options

Same people that were saying Jacksons legs were gone last year
  • Options

For the record I've never rated him as a centre midfielder, as said above I hope I'm proved wrong, I think he got POTY because of his endeavour, work rate and the fact he's one of our own.
    Game of opinions.

Endeavour and work rate can take you a long way.

• Options

Same people that were saying Jacksons legs were gone last year
    Always find that comment, funny about JJ, he never had any pace to lose.
    He is fantastic at attacking the ball thou, whether from corners or the tackle that put the ball into row Z yesterday when we were trying to kill time late on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ is a LEGEND IMHO
  • Options

Game of opinions.

God yeah lets have a bunch of players with zero workrate (Almost a team of Bouazza's) and see how well we do then!!
  • Options
    When did Cousins move into midfield, as I remember him as a young right back? That's where he got his youth caps
  • Options
    Was Forest Home in Powell's last season his debut? He was excellent that day, in central midfield.
  • Options

When did Cousins move into midfield, as I remember him as a young right back? That's where he got his youth caps

I think that his future will be more as a defender than as a midfielder .. I also agree with @ShootersHillGuru that he needs a rest .. he's played a lot of games for a lot of managers during a stressful period .. he probably has a few niggling injuries that need just rest to eradicate
  • Options

Wasnt it with the U21s when he formed a partnership with Diego Poyet?
  • Options
    I can't see how you can give Jordan stick, he fills in where needed bit like Charltons version of Phil Neville , and always gives his all.

Sure he's not had a couple of great games recently, but given the pressure him and the team have been under with management changes, its to be expected.

I'm sure he will bounce back to his best , for me i wouldn't persist with him on the left handside of midfield, its probably the fact that managers appreciate his work rate, and they know that area is currently a problem area, and he just gets on with it.

I actually liked him when he filled in for Solly recently at right back, it would be interesting to hear Jason Euell's perspective on Jordan.
  • Options
    Big fan of JC.

He is still learning the game and there is no doubt he will be a top championship player.

Probably is not good enough to play prem but is definitely useful in this league.

• Options
    He's been average this season, among a sea of average performers. I suggest he deserves to be cut some slack