Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

"Surrounded by shite!"

"He puts a shift in!"

"Not his fault!"

All rubbish. He may be one of our own, but I'm increasingly sure that he isn't good enough for this league. He may have the engine and the desire, but he doesn't have the touch, the awareness or the presence. He doesn't ever run a game. The buck stops at central midfield and it stops with Cousins. Heresy I know but I've had enough of watching his ineptitude. To survive in this team he needs Kashi alongside him to do all his work. Tasked with that role he falls woefully short.

Agree
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

"Surrounded by shite!"

"He puts a shift in!"

"Not his fault!"

All rubbish. He may be one of our own, but I'm increasingly sure that he isn't good enough for this league. He may have the engine and the desire, but he doesn't have the touch, the awareness or the presence. He doesn't ever run a game. The buck stops at central midfield and it stops with Cousins. Heresy I know but I've had enough of watching his ineptitude. To survive in this team he needs Kashi alongside him to do all his work. Tasked with that role he falls woefully short.

Agree
    Remind us how old Jordan Cousins is?

Bloody hell. I know we are hurting like hell, but choose your targets, eh?
    he's made nearly 100 professional appearances. sure he might improve but at present he isn't cutting it
    and who did cut it today? Or Tuesday? Or..or..or...
  • Options
    He ain't going to shine in that midfield with the present set up.
    Definitely good enough for this league and it's worth remembering his age.
  • Options
    Definitely good enough, hope he stays with us a long time. Get off his back.
  • Options
    He's been shit recently, but I'd still pick him over Ba.
  • Options
    I couldn't care less how old he is. When he has done well for us, which he has on many occasions, his age is not mentioned. His lack of effort the last 2 games is unbelievable, there must be something going on behind the scenes because we know he is better than this. He looks like he doesn't want to play at all. Not a scapegoat, just centre mid needs a bit of effort at least.
  • Options
    Numbers said:

I couldn't care less how old he is. When he has done well for us, which he has on many occasions, his age is not mentioned. His lack of effort the last 2 games is unbelievable, there must be something going on behind the scenes because we know he is better than this. He looks like he doesn't want to play at all. Not a scapegoat, just centre mid needs a bit of effort at least.

Well that was my point...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My point is he is putting in little or no effort.
  • Options
    Numbers said:

Quite. And the number of times last season I heard Pete Finch saying at the end of the game, "Jordan Cousins is absolutely dead on his feet..."

Anyway, there are developments
  • Options
    Have barely noticed Cousins in the last couple of games.
  • Options
    Numbers said:

Let's not single out Jordan as this week's scapegoat! He always gives 100% and I would have him in the team all the time! Oops, but he is a youngster and might need an occasional rest however he can't because he is so valued!!
  • Options
    Have thought for a while we need toat three in CM to give us a chance of controlling the midfield...
  • Options
    Nowhere near the player the CL brigade make him out to be. Would love to see him dominate the midfield but never does, not just this week never. I can't remember leaving a match thinking Cousins won us that. Standard championship player, nothing special
  • Options
    agim said:

Nowhere near the player the CL brigade make him out to be. Would love to see him dominate the midfield but never does, not just this week never. I can't remember leaving a match thinking Cousins won us that. Standard championship player, nothing special

So would you rather have Baa?
  • Options
    agim said:

Player who does his job without being noticed... there are plenty in the game of Football like that, its only when you take them out of the squad that you think: Oh shite
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am all for democracy and freedom of speech however to single out the young lad is out of order in my opinion. If he were to read any of the negative comments what would he think? A few weeks back people were slapping his back for the last ditch goal against Fulham. It is a team game folks. Get off his back he is Charlton to the tip of his boots.

People hate the likes of Amdy Faye because they dont care about Charlton, they dont think Jordan Cousins is good enough yet gives his all for Charlton!!

What do fans want from their players? - Not everyone can be as skillful as Iniesta or Busquets, yet so long as they care about the club and give their all then they're exempt from critisim for me, we could do a lot worse quite easily
  • Options
    Maybe would be better going back to right back where he started off ? Certainly the right build and speed to be a solid right back.
  • Options
    With Ba or Jackson next to him he has to do the work of 2 midfielders at times. There's not much more to say about Ba other than he's the new Amdy Faye. And as much as we love Jackson, he cannot do it in a 2 man centre midfield in the Championship anymore, so Cousins gets overrun in the middle of the park.
  • Options
    can't believe all the hate ba gets.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I would hate to imagine our midfield without JC at the moment, Jordan is the only one in the center who has any energy about it.
  • Options
    dabos said:

With Ba or Jackson next to him he has to do the work of 2 midfielders at times. There's not much more to say about Ba other than he's the new Amdy Faye. And as much as we love Jackson, he cannot do it in a 2 man centre midfield in the Championship anymore, so Cousins gets overrun in the middle of the park.

I spent most of the first half following Jackson and not the ball today. I have to say, based on this afternoon, this notion of 'his legs having gone' and him 'needing to be carried' is simply not true from what I saw. The guy did not make one mistake and was always in the right place. He also was telling the rest of them what to do all the time.

I felt the problem today was Charlton playing like the away team. They had less of the ball and were chasing around more, got knackered and then let in 2 soft goals from a counter attack. The first goal was poor defending by the left sided defence and then the centre halves criminally not picking up the feller who nodded it in. They blamed Solly, but they should have dealt with it in my opinion.
  • Options
    McCormack looked like Pirlo today, our Mdfield were chasing shadows.
    On paper and ability McCormack is not better than JGB or Cousins or Even Moussa, the reason why he looked better was simply down to formation and tactics.
    Brentford passed and moved far better than we did, there was absoultely no movement from our team at all when we had the ball. It was embarassing at times to be honest.
  • Options

can't believe all the hate ba gets.

He looks completely lost in most matches running around like a headless chicken taking speculative shots. It would also be interesting to see his passing statistics as it seems that they always go to the opposing team, if he is not caught in possession before hand. I had high hopes for the lad and first few matches I put it down to adapting to the league but its still happening.
  • Options
    He's looked ordinary at best over that last too games. Mind you, being ordinary against the backdrop of rubbish around him, makes him a shining light. Prior the last couple of games he's been consistently good. Here's hoping it's just a blip and that he'll be back to his best soon.

I do think there's a huge problem with our midfielders overall though. It seems that for several games running the best opposition players have been in their central midfield. I don't think that's by coincidence. I think it's because we are allowing them to run the show.