Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins

Comments

• Options
    Don't rate him at all. We need more ability other than, although commendable 100% effort.
  • Options

I just don't see what everyone else does. It must be me.

It sure is, TO !

Jordan just gets his head down & gives his best every time he's on the pitch.

A player that's proud to wear the shirt and a shining example to his lesser committed colleagues ....and we all know who they are this season.

Fanny,

I just see someone who runs around a bit, and is usually pretty weak in the challenge and clever not to get involved when the passage of play is breaking down. Misplaces a fair few simple passes too. I pay alot of attention to him from the East stand purely to see what i'm not supposedly seeing.

Lets just say i remain unconvinced by the hype but hope to be proved wrong over time.
  • Options
    kevtherev said:

Don't rate him at all. We need more ability other than, although commendable 100% effort.

He has that as well.
  • Options
    Player of the year?

No wonder we're in danger of going down. Nothing special whatsoever.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Player of the year?

what do you know.... you still got the lisbie is god tat?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Player of the year?

So who should be in the run in then?
  • Options

buckshee said:

Player of the year?

Cristophe Lepoint
  • Options
    no question he puts in a mighty effort every game and we'd currently be even worse off without him (christ!!) but I don't think he's actually much good and certainly not a left-sided midfielder maybe if he got a run in the side in a position for which he's better equipped he'd get the chance to develop but on what we've seen over the last couple of years I don't expect any championship sides to be beating down his door any time soon
    player of the year??? only by default and cos chris solly's knee hasn't let him play every game
  • Options
    Look, just because

A: we are crap
    B: he does not always do obvious fan pleasing stuff each game
    C: his passing can be a bit iffy at times

Does not mean he is a bad footballer, which I do feel some people appear to be implying here.

I would actually love to see him get a run of games in the centre of midfield as I feel his is our only central midfield player who can actually break out of midfield and attack with the ball at feet with pace and power which is something we are serverly lacking.

Alongside this he is a young guy who has gone from playing at right back to being played prodimitely at left midfield, and guys, that honestly is not an easy thing to adapt to, yet each game he turns and gives 100% for the shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he gave the ball away constantly against Norwich, although not as bad as TBH!
  • Options
    Don't rate him a huge amount but deserves a lot more respect than most of our jokers
  • Options
    Our most consistent player, we'd be much worse off without him
  • Options
    He's certainly a hard working player and I'll forgive a player most things if they make max effort. He just strikes me as a bit clumsy at times and not always in control of the ball, or his limbs. A bit like when you're running downhill too fast and your legs can't keep up with you.

His passing can be pretty shonky too, but I think his game mainly suffers from being played out on the left wing. Why do our coaches persist with this idiotic idea? (aside from the obvious fact that they're idiots!)
  • Options
    They do it because he does a job for the team there that is better than the other options. In the Brighton game , I thought he was fantastic and showed bags of quality. With better players around him, his passes would be better. He battles in midfield and wins more than he loses, we really need to play him in the centre now.
  • Options

buckshee said:

Player of the year?

That's the point. I'm not saying he shouldn't be but if he is then it shows how bad the rest are .
  • Options
    Pretty sure he'll be able to get some advice about not going to West Ham.
  • Options
    jordan can do better than those two tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

jordan can do better than those two tbh.

Definitely .. but not for another season or two while he continues with us :smiley:
  • Options
    I would love to see JC devote himself to us for the entirety of his career. Do one club players exist anymore?
  • Options

I would love to see JC devote himself to us for the entirety of his career. Do one club players exist anymore?

Solly?
  • Options
    Would like to see Cousins go overseas to a club like Sampdoria and learn to become a great player with technical ability, and then come back over to the prem.
  • Options

Solly?
    Would he still be here if his knees weren't as bad as they are? Think he'd have moved into the Prem a year or two ago.
  • Options

For young players to stay with us, we as a club have to progress at the same rate as they do.
    I said last summer that this new owner was all about developing and acquiring young talent. And now we have Cousins, Fox, Gudmundsson, Watt and Vetokele all aged 21-23 and all under contract for next season.. Not to mention Gomez aged 17!

Now it's entirely up to the board and owner as to whether we push on at the same rate as these players. In football and in life sometimes you have to seize the moment.

I rate Cousins and the others above as good enough to break into the top eight next season so let's see if the board bring in the three(?) players required to make that happen.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Would like to see Cousins go overseas to a club like Sampdoria and learn to become a great player with technical ability, and then come back over to the prem.

I'd prefer if he stays with us.
  • Options

I just don't see what everyone else does. It must be me.

It sure is, TO !

Jordan just gets his head down & gives his best every time he's on the pitch.

A player that's proud to wear the shirt and a shining example to his lesser committed colleagues ....and we all know who they are this season.

Fanny,

I just see someone who runs around a bit, and is usually pretty weak in the challenge and clever not to get involved when the passage of play is breaking down. Misplaces a fair few simple passes too. I pay alot of attention to him from the East stand purely to see what i'm not supposedly seeing.

Lets just say i remain unconvinced by the hype but hope to be proved wrong over time.
    I came back to this thread and started at this quote did not realise the date and assumed it was about Buyens.
  • Options
    Didn't have a good match today. It happens.