Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins

Comments

• The problem with most of our players is that they are very good when played alongside a good player, but not so good when they have to be the good player.

If that makes sense!
  • edited October 2015
    I'm not going to slate him for recent poor performances.

Why? The boy hasn't had a rest, he's playing the most demanding position on the pitch once or twice a week with no SET partner, and when it's the likes of Ba he has no support. I respect him for his performances, he's gone missing from just a couple of tackles over the course of a few seasons... I could name a handful of players who have not just gone missing from tackles but entire matches, and a couple of players just entirely gone missing. JC is giving his all - he's good enough with a good enough team around him.
  • edited October 2015

The problem with most of our players is that they are very good when played alongside a good player, but not so good when they have to be the good player.

If that makes sense!

No, it doesn't to me, but maybe I'm misreading your viewpoint.

Jordan Cousins was 3rd place in POTY last season, and most people seem to think we bought in better players close season this time. So how does your proposition work re JC?

Or maybe you are making the same point as @Atletico Addick ?

• The problem with most of our players is that they are very good when played alongside a good player, but not so good when they have to be the good player.

If that makes sense!

Jordan Cousins was 3rd place in POTY last season, and most people seem to think we bought in better players close season this time. So how does your proposition work re JC?

Dont you mean he won Player of the Year last season?

If that makes sense!

Dont you mean he won Player of the Year last season?
    Yes I do. Sorry. Jet lag and shell shock.
  • He is always (cliché time) wholehearted, gives 100% and has become a very important member of the team .. BUT.. the more I see of him, the more I am convinced that he does not have the all round skills to be a top midfielder, even a decent 'playmaker' of the type that we need .. I see him in a couple of years as a VERY effective, pacey, hard tackling central defender, with the caveat that his heading will need some improving .. the sooner he is given a few run outs there the better
  • I don't think he had his best game yesterday, but then who did?
    Given the circumstances, and probably the fact he knew the boss was in danger of getting the chop, I'm wondering if yesterday got to him and affected his performance.
  • Putting myself out to get shot down here but so be it, I'm still not convinced with him, has a touch of Thierry Racon disorder IMO, offers litte or nothing going forward and isn't what I'd consider a solid holding midfield player.
    Would happily eat my own words if he turns out to be top drawer but I really don't rate him as a CM
  • Putting myself out to get shot down here but so be it, I'm still not convinced with him, has a touch of Thierry Racon disorder IMO, offers litte or nothing going forward and isn't what I'd consider a solid holding midfield player.
    Would happily eat my own words if he turns out to be top drawer but I really don't rate him as a CM

Agree, personally would like to see him at right back, thought he looked very good there and IMO would be better han Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

Well I haven't seen every game by any stretch. However apart from his 94th minute goal against Fulham I can recall numerous good on-target shots in several games.

But then a lot of Charlton fans thought JonJo Shelvey wasn't worth his place in our 3rd division team...

Well I haven't seen every game by any stretch. However apart from his 94th minute goal against Fulham I can recall numerous good on-target shots in several games.

But then a lot of Charlton fans thought JonJo Shelvey wasn't worth his place in our 3rd division team...
    Chips in with the odd goal but lacks attacking qualities for me.

Agree, personally would like to see him at right back, thought he looked very good there and IMO would be better han Solly.
    He was excellent at RB best game he's had this season.

Yeah. There was a bloke on the message board called John Window who thought JonJo might just make a half decent player if we tried him as a centre back.

All about opinions, etc

Will he get back in after the best midfield performance for some time.
  • He can't, barring injury.

Fear I'm right about him tbh
  • I mean, he could probably play instead of Ba, but Kashi will be fit by then so like uh hmm yeah idk
  • Jordan wasn't missed in midfield today, RB might be his best way back in
  • Yep. Solly is struggling and needs a rest. RB next game for him. Put Holmes Dennis at left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't missed one bit.
  • I thought Ba's ball through to Fox for the third was brilliant. Much improved performance from him.
  • No doubt in Cousins commitment, desire and passion for the club, but not good enough to warrant a midfield place currently.
  • Dizzle said:

I think it was Makienok's pass to Fox for the third

To be fair they both look similar from a distance.

He was excellent at RB best game he's had this season.
    This , personally thinknhe would make a excellent right back
  • Hahaha. Sorry.

The ball through for fox was brilliant, Ba had a much improved game.

Need to lay off the ale. Home time I think