Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• Duchâtelet has made plenty of mistakes, and it looks like he's got many more in his locker. However, I don't think he's model has failed (yet) and I am bloody sure he doesn't. So telling Duchâtelet 'Your model has failed, give it up!' will fall on deaf ears.

Why don't I think his failing model has failed?

He has invested an awful lot of time and money into it and he has plenty more of both in hand, so he will plough on with his 'I know best' cum 'trial and error tactics'. And although a little shaken I still believe that and over time he will find the right balance and we will be ok. I even think we will get back to the premiership.

So if you are going to protest (and you are), please protest for the right things. Don't tell him he is shit and destroying our club (the club will be just fine). Don't tell him to 'give up' on his experiment (that won't work). Don't tell him to '**** off' (He just might, and that's not likely to be good news).

Protests for dialogue, for transparency and closer working relationships. Offer understanding, compromise and time in return.

Whatever your protest plans, please don't let it include making the matchday experience any worse than it already is. Keep the 'hate' atmosphere reserved for Millwall and Palace!

The aim for many is new owners. Anything to bring that about within the law is fair dos.
  • kentred2 said:

Duchâtelet has made plenty of mistakes, and it looks like he's got many more in his locker. However, I don't think he's model has failed (yet) and I am bloody sure he doesn't. So telling Duchâtelet 'Your model has failed, give it up!' will fall on deaf ears.

He has invested an awful lot of time and money into it and he has plenty more of both in hand, so he will plough on with his 'I know best' cum 'trial and error tactics'. And although a little shaken I still believe that and over time he will find the right balance and we will be ok. I even think we will get back to the premiership.

So if you are going to protest (and you are), please protest for the right things. Don't tell him he is shit and destroying our club (the club will be just fine). Don't tell him to 'give up' on his experiment (that won't work). Don't tell him to '**** off' (He just might, and that's not likely to be good news).

Protests for dialogue, for transparency and closer working relationships. Offer understanding, compromise and time in return.

Whatever your protest plans, please don't let it include making the matchday experience any worse than it already is. Keep the 'hate' atmosphere reserved for Millwall and Palace!

The aim for many is new owners. Anything to bring that about within the law is fair dos.
    And that is what worries me. Going to war with the owner is just plain stupid and in my opinion is more about self gratification than care for the club.
  • kentred2 said:

Duchâtelet has made plenty of mistakes, and it looks like he's got many more in his locker. However, I don't think he's model has failed (yet) and I am bloody sure he doesn't. So telling Duchâtelet 'Your model has failed, give it up!' will fall on deaf ears.

Maybe it is, but you cannot pre-empt the decision of the meeting. The aim may not be as you think.
  • kentred2 said:

And that is what worries me. Going to war with the owner is just plain stupid and in my opinion is more about self gratification than care for the club.
    Lol. I am not keen on your views either! Don't want to ruin your match day experience now do we.
  • The owner puts his own interest above Charlton's, and I'd love to get him out, but since he doesn't give a flying fart what even the SL fans think, it's hard to see how it could happen.
  • Posted this on the other thread

Just a thought here BUT

I personally think it would be a good idea to invite Roderick Duchatelet (Roland's son) as he is a shareholder in staprix (the company who own charlton and currently
    Negotiating the sale of ujpest fc) to the meeting , could this be an option?

Would give the 'opposing' views a voice as well as a sneaky way to get RD to hear what we are saying...
  • sammy391 said:

Posted this on the other thread

Just a thought here BUT

I personally think it would be a good idea to invite Roderick Duchatelet (Roland's son) as he is a shareholder in staprix (the company who own charlton and currently

Would give the 'opposing' views a voice as well as a sneaky way to get RD to hear what we are saying...

Don't you think the activity on this forum is being monitored by the Club ?

• I'm not one of the organisers of the meeting but those that are, are already thinking about the structure of the meeting, now that the search for a suitable venue has been completed. Of course we are not going to allow a free for all, but at the same time we have to organise it in a way which is inclusive. I am not sure there will be an agenda, in the sense of Item 1/2/3; and to see why not, just read @Clem_Snide's post again and all that follows, its a snapshot of the challenge that lies ahead on the night. Look at the widely differing views of the goal we should have, between @souladdick and @kentred. Yet I am quite sure that both of them care passionately about the future of our club.

And then there is the fact that the very word "agenda" has become toxic on CL and elsewhere. With perfect timing, @Nth london addick's last post provides an illustration. The Trust, and others who have tried to rally fans in the last turbulent 18 months, are well aware of the limit of their current mandate.

It will be organised, and probably on balance posts like Clem's are helpful in that they make us foresee possible problems. But on the night, the success of the meeting will depend on the goodwill of all who participate. We all want a clearer, brighter future for Charlton, that's the agenda, and there is nothing "hidden" about it.
  • sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

He is invited.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

Don't you think the activity on this forum is being monitored by the Club ?

I think it's well quoted that the comms team monitor the forums , but I would strongly doubt both RD's take any notice or even look!
  • edited February 2015
    I meant agenda in the way it's used in meetings pa not personal ones I hope you realise that

I do not think this meeting is for personal vendetta or personal agendas
    If I did it certainly wouldn't be offering financial support for the meeting to take place even though I am unable to attend.

When I sat agenda in this context it's meant as

745 start
    815 biscuits
    845 tea

Etc
  • sammy391 said:

Just a thought here BUT

Is Roderick a shareholder in Staprix? Roland owns 95%.

Roderick is though the official owner of Ujpest (not Staprix).
  • Duchâtelet has made plenty of mistakes, and it looks like he's got many more in his locker. However, I don't think he's model has failed (yet) and I am bloody sure he doesn't. So telling Duchâtelet 'Your model has failed, give it up!' will fall on deaf ears.

So as long as any protest does not conflict with your personal opinion then it's fine. Good to know.
  • I meant agenda in the way it's used in meetings pa not personal ones I hope you realise that

I do not think this meeting is for personal vendetta or personal agendas
    If I did it certainly wouldn't be offering financial support for the meeting to take place even though I am unable to attend.

When I sat agenda in this context it's meant as

745 start
    815 biscuits
    845 tea

Etc

Ok that's fine. agenda = structure, but not the Trust or anybody else deciding in advance what will be discussed.
  • I apologise if that's the Way it came across,

I only meant to associate the timing of the initial anti very vocal RD noises to be the beginning of the meeting this allowing yourselves time and the ability to walk through the repetitive conversation that will ensue

Not agenda points or subject matters
  • I trust ...and hope ...that we have a strong chairperson. If not, this will be a shouting match if there is no agenda ...in fact, even if there is one.

Any problems, let me know ...happy to stand in.
  • I apologise if that's the Way it came across,

I only meant to associate the timing of the initial anti very vocal RD noises to be the beginning of the meeting this allowing yourselves time and the ability to walk through the repetitive conversation that will ensue

Not agenda points or subject matters

No apology needed mate. I meant that the Trust itself does not want to look as if it is setting any agenda on its own.

It'll be ok. I think we are worrying too much.
  • Can you imagine if Roland, Katrien & Richard Murray turn up!
  • edited February 2015
    That would be brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

se9addick said:

Derek1952 said:

Roland owns,or is a major Shareholder in Four Club,s with another one rumoured.Is there any other Business Man that owns as many Football Clubs? too many fingers in the pie for any loyalty.

The Pozzo family own Watford, Udinese and Granada and I don't think it's been a complete disaster. I'd probably prefer that Charlton were the sole focus of the person that owns our club, but the "network" model in itself could possibly work provided the people overseeing it are competent.
    The last six words are the key. It also needs those running it to realise that football works in different ways in different countries and is not a commodity that's the same in England as it is in ... I don't know, say Belgium.
    That's just what I was thinking yesterday, mogodon.

Maybe one of the aims should be to convince RD that his network might be workable in the rest of Europe but NOT in England and highlighting the problems here now that the FFP rules have been watered down ?

Fans we are in touch with at Standard and at Ujpest do not think this particular network is working for them any more than it is for us. On the other hand, people have pointed out recently that the Watford network seems to work better because there is better balance of clubs within it . FFP is a problem I agree, but so is the nature of his particular network. Increasingly it looks like it is not what we understood it to be.
    Watford's model also works because they don't rely solely on the network for players and coaches.
  • These are uncertain times for many of us...but to echo some other people's words let's try to make the best of it. We are all the heart and soul of the club. As such we have a collective responsibility to share our thoughts and hopes for the club in a constructive way. Keeping the Charlton spirit alive is as much our responsibility as the owner's (whoever that is over time). A marriage isn't put right by lots of arguing and finger pointing quite the opposite, right? ...and think of the children! ;-) Good luck with the meeting all
  • Can you imagine if Roland, Katrien & Richard Murray turn up!

That would be brilliant

Brilliant wouldn't be the word.

Roland would get absolute pelters, Katrien would be his speech barrier and Richard Murray be hers, going by the VIP meeting they'd bash around the subject for the entire meeting, it's just frustrating. I was as frustrated back then with the way they were and were going to run our club as I am now
  • @razil @castrust
    Are there leaflets being organised and printed for Sat to raise awareness of next week's meeting?
  • @razil @castrust
    Are there leaflets being organised and printed for Sat to raise awareness of next week's meeting?

From what I read of last night, there might be more at the meeting than at Saturday's game!
  • @razil @castrust

Yes
  • @razil @castrust

Yes at the printers as we speak.......
    You happy to help give them out...?
  • @razil @castrust

Yes at the printers as we speak.......
    You happy to help give them out...?
    Yep.

I can get to the valley from 10:30 onwards
  • That would be great, not sure about the 10.30 start though......
    We have printed 5,000 of these so will be putting out an appeal for help to distribute them.
    Thanks, will be giving out details on the trust site and on here in due course.