Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trust Calls Public Meeting of Fans - Woolwich Grand Theatre – Wed 18th Feb 7.30pm

Comments

• 'Forums' do not / should not have opinions. There is no such thing as 'CL are saying etc'. It is the people who use the forums that have opinions, and a forum should just be there to facilitate that and provide the platform.

As you can see on here, there is every view possible on the Charlton situation being offered and debated, exactly how it should be. How could someone ever 'represent' that under an agreed collective?

Well said. This lazy thinking feeds the fiction that there are squabbling factions among the support. There may well be individuals who have violently opposing views, but that is another matter.

• edited February 2015
    Pico said:

'Forums' do not / should not have opinions. There is no such thing as 'CL are saying etc'. It is the people who use the forums that have opinions, and a forum should just be there to facilitate that and provide the platform.

As you can see on here, there is every view possible on the Charlton situation being offered and debated, exactly how it should be. How could someone ever 'represent' that under an agreed collective?

Well said. This lazy thinking feeds the fiction that there are squabbling factions among the support. There may well be individuals who have violently opposing views, but that is another matter.

NO THERE AIN'T!!!!!!
  • I'm waiting for Raz to start a separate thread on it
  • I'm waiting for Raz to start a separate thread on it

Sorry let me know if you want me to delete it.
  • Is it out of the question for the trust to hand out leaflets advertising the meeting at Tuesday game?
  • vffvff
    edited February 2015

vff said:

It will fall apart with no leadership vff, the one thing that will be required is a structure

It will be a real shame if it falls down before it gets a chance to start

Fair enough. I think it is important that the views / opinions of ITTV and other forums are an integral part that's all.

VFF yes I agree other groups such as ITTV / Not 606 etc should all be involved and have a representative

Seen this sort of thing crop up a few times.

'Forums' do not / should not have opinions. There is no such thing as 'CL are saying etc'. It is the people who use the forums that have opinions, and a forum should just be there to facilitate that and provide the platform.

Fair point. I see what you are getting at. But if Not 606 / ITTV discuss it and have people who they represent the forums then how is that not other than a positive thing ? They have the debate and they have an individual who can articulate the balance of opinions on that forum. The forums have diverse opinions but in the modern technological age they represent communities of posters who regular communicate with each other. They both have substantial numbers of visitors to their sites.

Intelligent use of social media can be a vital and creative way to get the message accross. As, I said to NLA and Martinho, it is important that the supporters can be united and a wide spread section of support is reflected.

I am just trying to promote inclusion and that wide sections of supporters are encouraged to be part of decisions and discussion. Without ensuring this, KM will be able to be dismissive like she was with the G21 statement last season. If strong forums are not part of the decision making process then it is less likely that unified and creative actions can take place or suggested actions will be supported.
  • Thanks posted on LinkedIn group
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted that as a non Londoner or City worker I will not find it easy to attend. But support whatever comes out of it
  • I hope you've a good Barrister as we are losing too many of our decent fans.(:}

• JohnnyH2 said:

If I can I will be at the meeting. My opinion is that just like the OP on the Bothered thread has stated I will still be going as my stance is I will be going longer than any owner will be in charge of us.

That said I'm not happy with the nonsense that has been going on particularly since the dismissal of Peeters. So I will stop giving the club any of my money bar the price of mine and the kids season tickets. The 5 year ticket will not be renewed (although that has more to do with Richard Murray's pisstake response to the shortfall we have had at last years VIP meeting), until the owners are clear with what they are doing.

I feel the most effective way of getting a message across would be something to Man Utd false wearing the clubs original colours (yellow and green). The trust come up with a simple design, produce and sell something (scarf?) the fans can wear at games that will show their dissatisfaction. The Trust could have a small surplus on top of the price which would go into its own account and they could use for future initiatives.

I like the scarf idea. The kit below is the Charlton home kit from the 1923/1924 season and bar that every other home kit has been red/white.
  • So we are going to wear blue scarves to games in protest - WTF
  • That kit is all about the move to Catford - not sure we can adopt that as an emblem for the club's identity!

Fair enough. Any other suggestions?
  • shirty5 said:

That kit is all about the move to Catford - not sure we can adopt that as an emblem for the club's identity!

Fair enough. Any other suggestions?
    Purple?
  • Black is one of our colours. That would work for me.

Could some nice moderator person please amend thread title to include date and venue?

Let's not forget we are the only football club whose fans started a political party and fought an election. Let's put our collective minds to it and see if we can come up with something special again.
  • Black is one of our colours. That would work for me.

Could some nice moderator person please amend thread title to include date and venue?

Let's not forget we are the only football club whose fans started a political party and fought an election. Let's put our collective minds to it and see if we can come up with something special again.

Lets not lose sight of this fact...please...but we need solidarity of thought and purpose
  • Sponsored links:

• Generally, I think VFF has the right of this arguement. You need to bring other groups in, and unite the fans.
    The impression I get is that both NOT606 and ITTV have people they want to send. I don't really see a downside.
  • I'll be there but as its HT I'll have to bring the eldest
  • people that they want to send,

What does that mean?

If you want to go, go if you don't don't it's not a charlton life meeting or as raz has said even a trust meeting

It's an open meeting
  • JohnnyH2 said:

I feel the most effective way of getting a message across would be something to Man Utd false wearing the clubs original colours (yellow and green). The trust come up with a simple design, produce and sell something (scarf?) the fans can wear at games that will show their dissatisfaction. The Trust could have a small surplus on top of the price which would go into its own account and they could use for future initiatives.

I am new on here. Like this idea - did Man U include yellow and green shirts too? Cuts down on club shops huge profits
  • edited February 2015
    I will go and put over my views. But if someone on Not606 wants me to put over their views, because they can't get there themselves, I will do it for them. I hope that clears up the people that they want to send comment NLA?
  • edited February 2015
    That makes sense dick

The way it was posted above is as if a splinter group is going to attend from each forum which won't make the meeting workable
  • Generally, I think VFF has the right of this arguement. You need to bring other groups in, and unite the fans.
    The impression I get is that both NOT606 and ITTV have people they want to send. I don't really see a downside.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make Ken Shabs. Forums aren't representative bodies, they are a platform for individual views. You can't attach a groupthink mentality to that imo.

For example, my opinion on the current issues is very different to that of @Addickted, whose opinion is currently pinned at the top of the forum. Neither of us could ever provide a "CL representative view", but we could offer our individual views, which you hope would be equally taken on merit.

Not a big deal, but that was the point I was trying to make on the previous page.
  • Yeah, okay AFKA, but as was pointed out previously, Noy606 and ITTV are much smaller.