Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• #cafc Meire: "We have won just once in past 12 matches and with the January transfer window open it is an important time of the season."

— Nick Wright (@nicholaspwright) January 12, 2015
    Who's she trying to fool? She knows full well we won't be spending any money.
    Yes, I did think that was strange given what was said in the programme.

Maybe they're gonna stick with Damien matthew and Ben Roberts and spend Bob's salary on new player(s)!
  • cafc-west said:

#cafc Meire: "We have won just once in past 12 matches and with the January transfer window open it is an important time of the season."

Maybe they're gonna stick with Damien matthew and Ben Roberts and spend Bob's salary on new player(s)!

Only they have to pay Bob for another 12 months. He had a 12 month rolling contract I remember.
  • More importantly, isn't that a new 'flag' picture for generic news stories?
  • If we're seriously supposed to think that KM had any say at all in the decision, which I don't, surely she has directly contradicted her own advice in the programme? And changed her view based on one result. A load of Belgian waffle, IMO.
  • cafc-west said:

#cafc Meire: "We have won just once in past 12 matches and with the January transfer window open it is an important time of the season."

Only they have to pay Bob for another 12 months. He had a 12 month rolling contract I remember.
    Surely only until May? thought a rolling contract meant they had the option to renew after 12 months - not that it was automatic?
  • Poor KM being made to pretend she's in on the act, and the proof in which she is not is in Saturdays programme and her contradicting statements . She is just an outpost for RD to work his black magic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Prove us wrong and run a proper recruitment process. No need to appoint this week.

I agree!
    It's far more important to get this right than it is to rush someone in for Saturday.
    It's also important to look at who might be available to strengthen the squad in this window but you don't need a head coach and the preparation for this should have been done weeks ago - I recall someone posted that RD had been at Charlton early December?

Whether it's Luzon, Riga or someone else is not the issue for me - it has to be someone who can make the most of the current squad and mould it to win games again just as we did at the start of the season.

• I'm caught between thinking on the one hand that the revolving door policy on managers exemplifies what a car crash the club has been for several years, and on the other that it is of no consequence because everything is run from Belgium anyway.
  • cafc-west said:

cafc-west said:

Surely only until May? thought a rolling contract meant they had the option to renew after 12 months - not that it was automatic?

I always understood a rolling contract to mean that that the notice period, either way, was 1 month, three months or in this case 12 months.

So there is no end date as such but you have a fixed notice period. Applies to the job holder so they can't just walk away without compensation from another club.

• Hot off the press.

ITV London News at 6pm . Ian Wallis , Chairman of Bromley Addicks interviewed . Should be on about 6.15.

• wwtone said:

Hot off the press.

ITV London News at 6pm . Ian Wallis , Chairman of Bromley Addicks, director of London FA, Museum Trustee, Fans Forum member, POTY organisor interviewed . Should be on about 6.15.

Don't want people thinking Bromley Addicks is all he does : - )
  • cafc-west said:

cafc-west said:

I always understood a rolling contract to mean that that the notice period, either way, was 1 month, three months or in this case 12 months.

So there is no end date as such but you have a fixed notice period. Applies to the job holder so they can't just walk away without compensation from another club.

OK -if its 12 months thats going to hurt quite a bit I'd imagine. So probably even less funds (if there ever was any) for transfers.
  • MrLargo said:

#cafc Meire: "We had been very supportive of Bob.. but disappointing nature of performances and results forced us to look at the situation"

I guess "supportive" must mean something different in French/Flemish than it does in English.

"Katrien, the squad is down to the bare bones, please can I have some more players"

"Well Bob, we've already given you Frederic Bulot so I think you're being a bit greedy but ok, you can have Oldham's reserve keeper as well. Now go away."

Etheridge looked like a fish out of water on Saturday, honestly one of the worst GK performances i have seen in a while....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Probably be quite a good appointment though. He did wonders at Palace. Holloway tried his best to screw up their promotion push. I'd challenge anyone to thrive under the crippling finances at Bolton*.

*Lennon is doing well
  • Freedman down from 66/1 to 6/1. If there was one appointment that would anger the fans even more outside the network, it's him.

Christ alive. I literally wouldn't know whether to scream or shit
    No-way I am having that miserable greasy haired bumbling idiot in charge
  • Not good enough for Standard Liege? Then not good enough for Charlton Athletic

If we're seriously supposed to think that KM had any say at all in the decision, which I don't, surely she has directly contradicted her own advice in the programme? And changed her view based on one result. A load of Belgian waffle, IMO.

As a matter of interest, who would be advising RD in this decision?
  • Almost forgot.........

Bob it didn't exactly work out for you at my club and when you were appointed, I had no idea who you were. But I grew to like your Belgian humour and your passion when we scored. It isn't all your fault, the squad is far from perfect and I doubt you chose all the signings.

Anyway cheerio big Bob and good luck.
  • wwtone said:

Dream team for me ................ Nathan Jones ( at B.A.H.A. ) and Damien Mathew !!

Yes please
  • Some mouthy git will be on talkSPORT at about 7.30pm, too . . .
  • Freedman? Maybe he might bring back Lennie.
  • I'd rather Freedman to Dave Jones to be honest.
  • Some mouthy git will be on talkSPORT at about 7.30pm, too . . .

You were too kind to Dougie Freedman Airman!