Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• Do you know Guy Luzon, Charlton's friends?

— Roland Duchatelet (@R_Duchatelet) January 12, 2015

That account is run by a SL fan
  • oh yeah my bad. at the end it says 'compte parodique'
  • Does Roland mean Do you know Guy Luzon,My Charlton friends?

Is there a press conference at midday?
  • I'm looking forward to the 'Favourite photo of Luzon' thread

• I remember when we used to get the occasional 2-goal win. Whoever RD brings in, it would be nice to see that happen again.

Why have we developed this habit of upheavals at the start of/early in the January window? Slater-Jiminy takeover and Parky->Powell, RD takeover, Peeters->Capitaine 'Addick: it's terrible timing.

• How will this effect Watt if Luzon is appointed
  • Pedro45 said:

Positives of sacking Peeters now -

1. It's early January, so the transfer window is still open for three weeks yet.
    2. If Luzon is appointed, it is unlikely that any more Standard Liege rejects will want to come to SE7 so we'll have to sign players from outside the network.
    3. The coaching staff have gone too, so whoever comes in will bring in assistants that they want.
    4. Sacking him didn't cost RD too much.
    5. There are some decent British managers available if any of them are willing to work with RD?
    6. Hopefully we won't draw so many games now...
    7. The press conferences may be longer than two minutes.
    8. It gives Charlton Life something new to talk about.
    9. It will make next weeks 1905 quite interesting...
    10. We still have a chance to save the season.

11. We might be a bit more positive on the pitch and actually turn up and have a go at winning a game.

Only player it will effect is Buyens!

Watt & Ben Haim had no problem with Luzon. Just lost their places in the team.

Watt has said many complimentary things about Luzon, so he would be happy I imagine
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

1. It's early January, so the transfer window is still open for three weeks yet. - irrelevant, we won't be buying anyone
    2. If Luzon is appointed, it is unlikely that any more Standard Liege rejects will want to come to SE7 so we'll have to sign players from outside the network.whoever is appointed, we will not be signing players from outside the network. If we're very lucky, we might be allowed to pluck someone else from Oldham's reserves
    3. The coaching staff have gone too, so whoever comes in will bring in assistants that they want. so whoever comes in will be given new assistants by Roland
    4. Sacking him didn't cost RD too much. Great news, now he'll be able to spend the money he's saved on something that isn't of any benefit to Charlton
    5. There are some decent British managers available if any of them are willing to work with RD? They won't be willing to work with RD, and he wouldn't be interested anyway
    6. Hopefully we won't draw so many games now... we'll see, same underfunded squad for the new guy

Sorry to shatter your illusions.
    Not my illusions MrLargo, just some perceived potential positives. I have no idea if we will sign anyone, from within or without the network. But whatever happens, I will support my club, as I have done for the last 48 years.

Watt has said many complimentary things about Luzon, so he would be happy I imagine
    Do you know when those comments were made ? I've seen them but I'm not sure of the context
  • I am tempted to put the contents of my betting account on a Watford win. the odds will be short, but I cant see us getting anything from that one.
  • Was big Bob actually Dowie in disguise?
  • Pedro45 said:

MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

1. It's early January, so the transfer window is still open for three weeks yet. - irrelevant, we won't be buying anyone
    2. If Luzon is appointed, it is unlikely that any more Standard Liege rejects will want to come to SE7 so we'll have to sign players from outside the network.whoever is appointed, we will not be signing players from outside the network. If we're very lucky, we might be allowed to pluck someone else from Oldham's reserves
    3. The coaching staff have gone too, so whoever comes in will bring in assistants that they want. so whoever comes in will be given new assistants by Roland
    4. Sacking him didn't cost RD too much. Great news, now he'll be able to spend the money he's saved on something that isn't of any benefit to Charlton
    5. There are some decent British managers available if any of them are willing to work with RD? They won't be willing to work with RD, and he wouldn't be interested anyway
    6. Hopefully we won't draw so many games now... we'll see, same underfunded squad for the new guy

Not my illusions MrLargo, just some perceived potential positives. I have no idea if we will sign anyone, from within or without the network. But whatever happens, I will support my club, as I have done for the last 48 years.
    I'm not having a go at you, and certainly not knocking your 48 years of support. I'm just sorry that none of your potential positives (with the exception of 7-10) are likely to happen. In particular, and I direct this not only at you, but also at anyone else who has said "Tim Sherwood's available", "Uwe Rosler could do a job", etc - there is absolutely zero chance of a non-Network manager being appointed, and I find it really odd that some people don't seem to realise that. At best, he might give the job to Damien Matthew, but the likelihood is that it'll be Luzon, Fraeye or someone else who is surplus to requirements elsewhere in the network.
  • se9addick said:

How will this effect Watt if Luzon is appointed

Do you know when those comments were made ? I've seen them but I'm not sure of the context
    http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/celtic/football-is-not-fair-says-former-celtic-striker-watt-185431n.25656260

In October, just after Luzon left SL
    TONY WATT reckons he learned more from axed Standard Liege boss Guy Luzon in two months than he did at Celtic for the past two years.
  • Curbs just on SSN he would talk to Charlton, even in a DoF role!
  • Sponsored links:

• Murray still there ..... for what that's worth
  • Murray still there ..... for what that's worth

barely..

• MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

I'm not having a go at you, and certainly not knocking your 48 years of support. I'm just sorry that none of your potential positives (with the exception of 7-10) are likely to happen. In particular, and I direct this not only at you, but also at anyone else who has said "Tim Sherwood's available", "Uwe Rosler could do a job", etc - there is absolutely zero chance of a non-Network manager being appointed, and I find it really odd that some people don't seem to realise that. At best, he might give the job to Damien Matthew, but the likelihood is that it'll be Luzon, Fraeye or someone else who is surplus to requirements elsewhere in the network.
    Both of us may not like Peeters sacking MrLargo, but it has happened, so let's move on! No use being negative, come up with your own positives - there are some, you will see!
  • Pedro45 said:

MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

Both of us may not like Peeters sacking MrLargo, but it has happened, so let's move on! No use being negative, come up with your own positives - there are some, you will see!
    I envy your "Glass Half Full" outlook, I suspect you spend a lot less time than I do being grumpy and miserable. However, I'm afraid this is the only positive I can come up with:

Away tickets are cheaper in League 1
  • One thing I reckon is certain is that Bob was cheap. As I bet was Riga. Those who think he will splash out on a well known English coach are probably deluded. RD will have found a cheap candidate that he has been assured of as being up to the job. I would also expect it to be a short term appointment.

A well known London based football club are currently seeking a top coach to fill an unexpected vacancy. The successful candidate will be:
    a. Cheap.
    b. Always in agreement with the current owner on all matters (no matter what).
    c Have an extensive working knowledge of Belgium.

Any background in professional football would be helpful but not essential.

Please send your application and CV to Mr R Duchatelat, Boringsbeerp, Near Antwerp, Belgium. Note: Please enclose an SAE if you expect a reply.

Sorry, but I really really laughed at this.
  • edited January 2015
  • I can tell you what happens next - Luzon manager by end of the day - appoints TBH as club captain - Watt will finish as top scorer - two midfield replacements will arrive by the end of the week with Buyens going back to Standard.

And with TBH as captain, they sell JJ to Huddersfield Town and he then comes back with Chris Powell at the end of February and bangs three in the back of the net to prove his point.
    All the happy-clappers would really be out in force then
  • Was big Bob actually Dowie in disguise?

No