Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

****Charlton terminate contract of Head Coach Bob Peeters****

Comments

• edited January 2015

Was big Bob actually Dowie in disguise?

Nah, Big Bob was better looking. :smiley:
  • surprised and not surprised if you know what i mean. i have to say i thought the players body language on saturday was very bad but maybe that's why, they didn't want to work for him!
  • RedChaser said:

That's not difficult.

• edited January 2015
    Feeling guilty for my tactics critique on the player scores thread from Saturday now.

Sorry for Bob in that he's had little support for a thin and thinning squad. Giving the "young guns" a chance is all well and good, but we have a lack in depth of experienced players and that wouldn't appear to be Bob's fault.

One thing (amongst many in life) which has irked me has been our inability to put teams under pressure from the off. There is no intensity, at least not until we are losing or down to 10 men, or both! Lots of passing around the back, run up the line a bit, turn around and pass back. We have also lost the ability to break quickly from the keeper collecting the ball. Hamer was great at this and his distribution generally excellent. This season, all our keepers seem to have been told to slow it all down as much as possible. Just gets very frustrating to watch.

I really wish Bob well. I just hope we get it right next time...
  • I don't want either Fraeye or Luzon, but isn't it strange how all us Charlton fans (who are all very different) already expect one of them. That is because they are already in 'the network'. Neither of them has any real credentials. Neither has accomplished much and neither have UK managerial experience. Yet somehow, RD seems to think they are the best candidates for the job. A bit like when he thought Riga was the best person for the job, which was similar to when he thought Bob Peeters was the right person for the job........will they take their time in appointing a new manager? No. Someone will be appointed by Wednesday at the latest. Will an Englishman with UK Managerial experience be considered? Don't be silly! Will he listen to the fan's opinions? Of course not! What do they know? Yet again, we are the mercy of RD and his vast experience and knowledge. I am dreading the next appointment tbh as whoever comes in, will be on a short term contract, be expected to play who RD wants and will not be able to make any signings. We are becoming a laughing stock....the revolving door just keeps on revolving......
  • I can tell you what happens next - Luzon manager by end of the day - appoints TBH as club captain - Watt will finish as top scorer - two midfield replacements will arrive by the end of the week with Buyens going back to Standard.

And with TBH as captain, they sell JJ to Huddersfield Town and he then comes back with Chris Powell at the end of February and bangs three in the back of the net to prove his point.
    All the happy-clappers would really be out in force then
  • I wonder if anyone is waiting at ground? To see if they get a whiff of anything?
  • _nam11 said:

I wonder if anyone is waiting at ground? To see if they get a whiff of anything?

Waffles?
  • Lol! I see on Twitter Dave Jones is in frame?
  • _nam11 said:

Lol! I see on Twitter Dave Jones is in frame?

Rather him than Luzon. Proven in this division.

• Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Bob Dowie
  • edited January 2015
    Luzon is a flop.

His whatever percentage win bonus for SL is in charge of 1 team in a 2 or 3 horse league. so it doesnt compare. I take the fans impression of him as more realistic and the fact that he flopped when given a chance at the bigger club of Hapoel earlier in his career in Israel. after that he went back to BNEI Tel Aviv, who are they, exactly?

just because roly gave him a job in the network doesnt equate to him being good, could be for other reasons than football such as his uncle being an israeli football bigwig. he did nothing in israel.

you read a bit of press about him he is a mouthy and boring and falls out with players. i hate that kind of manager at Charlton, they are only good to laugh at other teams
  • Luzon is a flop.

His whatever percentage win bonus for SL is in charge of 1 team in a 2 or 3 horse league. so it doesnt compare. I take the fans impression of him as more realistic and the fact that he flopped when given a chance at the bigger club of Hapoel earlier inhis career in Israel. after that he went back to the israeli second division, wtf is that israeli second division.

just because roly gave him a job in the network doesnt equate to him being good, could be for other reasons than football such as his uncle being an israeli football bigwig. he did nothing in israel.

you read a bit of press about him he is a mouthy and boring and falls out with players. i hate that kind of manager at Charlton, they are only good to laugh at other teams

Just as well we don't all form opinions based on stereotyping and reading a couple of articles on the internet.
  • colthe3rd said:

Luzon is a flop.

His whatever percentage win bonus for SL is in charge of 1 team in a 2 or 3 horse league. so it doesnt compare. I take the fans impression of him as more realistic and the fact that he flopped when given a chance at the bigger club of Hapoel earlier inhis career in Israel. after that he went back to the israeli second division, wtf is that israeli second division.

Just as well we don't all form opinions based on stereotyping and reading a couple of articles on the internet.
    everything about Luzon seems to be a bad option and confirming all the things I dont like about the network. There are many things that i have appreciated about Duchatalet

Why would you want Luzon at the Club?
  • colthe3rd said:

Luzon is a flop.

Well, The Trust hopes to get a more informed view from Belgium , including that of the Famille des Rouches, during the next few days. But seeing as the head of the Famille described him Luzon as a "clown" in a mail this weekend, don't expect a glowing endorsement
  • colthe3rd said:

Luzon is a flop.

everything about Luzon seems to be a bad option and confirming all the things I dont like about the network. There are many things that i have appreciated about Duchatalet

Why would you want Luzon at the Club?
    I'm not saying he'd be my first choice since I know hardly anything about him. But that also means I wouldn't write him off immediately if he did get the job.
  • #cafc CEO Katrien Meire on Bob Peeters: "It was a very difficult decision to reach."

— Nick Wright (@nicholaspwright) January 12, 2015
  • edited January 2015

#cafc Meire: "We had been very supportive of Bob.. but disappointing nature of performances and results forced us to look at the situation"

• edited January 2015

#cafc Meire: "Despite recent rumours in the media we had not considered this option until after Saturday’s game."

• #cafc CEO Katrien Meire on Bob Peeters: "It was a very difficult decision to reach."

Where's that coming from?
  • Sponsored links:

• #cafc Meire: "We have won just once in past 12 matches and with the January transfer window open it is an important time of the season."

• Meire statement also confirms Damian Matthew and Ben Roberts have been put in temporary charge. No mention of successor. #cafc

• #cafc Meire: "We had been very supportive of Bob.. but disappointing nature of performances and results forced us to look at the situation"

#cafc Meire: "Despite recent rumours in the media we had not considered this option until after Saturday’s game."

Completely contradicts herself there.
  • ok Henry, we get it
  • #cafc Meire: "We have won just once in past 12 matches and with the January transfer window open it is an important time of the season."

Who's she trying to fool? She knows full well we won't be spending any money.
  • This appears to be a cafc official statement but for some reason it is on this twitter feed before the OS.

Who's she trying to fool? She knows full well we won't be spending any money.

Yes, I did think that was strange given what was said in the programme.
  • IdleHans said:

ok Henry, we get it

five different tweets : -)
  • edited January 2015
    @GreenieJunior a step closer to winning our £170