Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dmitrovic - Goalie signed from Ujpest

Comments

• pettgra said:

At this rate we will have more country representation than their is at the Eurovision song contest.Charlton no points, no I don't like the sound of that.
    Have we started scouting on Mars yet.

Blackburn beat us to it with the Mars Rover.

Ha ha. They certainly did. Anyways Marko all the best. Welcome to the madhouse.
  • Personally think there is an important distinction here. RD did not actively seek to take on Ujpest. If I am reading the above correctly, then he took them on to "offset" a debt.

This might explain his apparent poor attitude towards Ujpest.

I can't believe RD would weigh out 14m on the club and then however much more on infrastructure simply to run us into the ground.

Good point. Slightly odd, informal way to do business though.

everything around football here is odd. not just slightly. football here can not be explained with any of the existing economical models...

• Personally think there is an important distinction here. RD did not actively seek to take on Ujpest. If I am reading the above correctly, then he took them on to "offset" a debt.

I can't believe RD would weigh out 14m on the club and then however much more on infrastructure simply to run us into the ground.

Completely agree that it is a strange way of doing things.

Can only assume that he took the "something is better than nothing" approach.

The very fact that the club were palmed off to his son suggests that RD has never really had much interest in Ujpest.

The very fact that the club were palmed off to his son suggests that RD has never really had much interest in Ujpest.

There is another explanation re his son though. If he owned it, they would be barred from UEFA competition, because he also owns Standard.

• Maybe RD lent money to the chuckle brothers and acquired Charlton the same way?
  • The captain of the team is the goalkeeper, Balajcza Szabolcs.

Given Marko's looks he wasn't nicknamed Dog Szabolcs by any chance - I'll get by coat.
  • Ujpest are 5th in their league this season after finishing 13th last season - so doesn't look like the network is that bad for them

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/nationalleagues/nationalleague=hungary-liga-2000000023/standings/index.html
  • Charlton got promoted the year the Valley was closed down - does that mean our owners back then weren't bad for the club?

• braydex said:

Yep......I've never heard of him either. He's a young goalkeeper from RD's other club - Ujpest. I only know this because I've just been in the club shop buying the 3rd kit for my young son, which actually - despite my reservations, looks really good on him.

Anyway....is this a good signing, or is it just another signing to pacify us Charlton fans, without actually shelling out any money? Maybe RD is hoping he may have a good 5 months with us and be signed by another club - for a small profit you understand!

I'm just totally fed up with all these poxy 'Network' signings. It's basically RD playing FIFA 15 for real

braydex said:

it's on the web now too which has more info

which says undisclosed fee meaning a fee has been paid of some sorts

yep, from Rolands left pocket to his right pocket

From his man bag to his bum bag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi everyone,

I'm totally new here, so please let me tell you why I'm here.
    Been looking around on the web about what you guys think about your new signing, and just wanted to share some thoughts from the perspective of Újpest fans. Also worth noting, I am close to the club, had been working with the Duchatelets for quite a while.

About the goalkeeper you have just signed:
    Marko is a decent goalkeeper. He is the first pick for the Serbian U21 team that has eliminated Spain recently from the Euro-Champs (SpainU21 had been unbeaten for a long time previously).
    He has great qualities as a keeper, and also not afraid to use his feet when needed.

The reason why he has not been playing at Újpest:
    The captain of the team is the goalkeeper, Balajcza Szabolcs. He is basically a club legend now, who have been there and done a lot for the club. His contract was runnung out after the last season, when Marko was the first pick gk in the team. The only way to keep him was to put him back behind the lines. There was a huge pressure on the coach to do so, as the team is full of network bullshit players - even in Újpest they are bad...-, and he was one of the few hungarians left in the team.

On the other hand, Marko was not a third GK. The reason why he was not on the bench was that the team had too many non-EU players, and he was chosen to be left out.
    Still, when he had the chances, he was faultless and seemed perfectly confident. Also worth noting, that he managed to learn a lot in Hungarian which expresses his mentality as a professional player.

If you have any questions about him, or anything that the Duchatelets had done with us here in Hungary, let me know.

Welcome Marco. ;-)
  • ...Still, as seen, Roland is not running Újpest. He have only been to Budapest three times since they bought the club...

Three times!!!! You are clearly his favourites.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm totally new here, so please let me tell you why I'm here.
    Been looking around on the web about what you guys think about your new signing, and just wanted to share some thoughts from the perspective of Újpest fans. Also worth noting, I am close to the club, had been working with the Duchatelets for quite a while.

About the goalkeeper you have just signed:
    Marko is a decent goalkeeper. He is the first pick for the Serbian U21 team that has eliminated Spain recently from the Euro-Champs (SpainU21 had been unbeaten for a long time previously).
    He has great qualities as a keeper, and also not afraid to use his feet when needed.

The reason why he has not been playing at Újpest:
    The captain of the team is the goalkeeper, Balajcza Szabolcs. He is basically a club legend now, who have been there and done a lot for the club. His contract was runnung out after the last season, when Marko was the first pick gk in the team. The only way to keep him was to put him back behind the lines. There was a huge pressure on the coach to do so, as the team is full of network bullshit players - even in Újpest they are bad...-, and he was one of the few hungarians left in the team.

On the other hand, Marko was not a third GK. The reason why he was not on the bench was that the team had too many non-EU players, and he was chosen to be left out.
    Still, when he had the chances, he was faultless and seemed perfectly confident. Also worth noting, that he managed to learn a lot in Hungarian which expresses his mentality as a professional player.

If you have any questions about him, or anything that the Duchatelets had done with us here in Hungary, let me know.

Roland is that you?

There is another explanation re his son though. If he owned it, they would be barred from UEFA competition, because he also owns Standard.

So what happens to us when we qualify for the champions league?
    That's a long, long way away yet but I assume RD would have sold Standard by then.
  • He may well sell any one of the clubs. We don't know the Staprix plan and we don't know the combined profit and loss for the six clubs. Perhaps fans from each club should come together, exchange notes to see what the whole thing looks like?
    My guess is that Staprix is not running at a loss overall for 2014 due to massive player sales by Liege. But no idea what this year or next year might look like.

One thing is for certain, M.Duchatelet is not looking to buy success at any club but there is an improvement in league position at all clubs (except Liege) and there are capex plans at several. The recycling of players certainly winds some fans up because they know the deficiencies in their team need more than rejects from other network clubs. At least that's the case if the fans want success this season.
    For that reason it will be worth looking at the January window activity for all clubs to see who moves where.
  • He may well sell any one of the clubs. We don't know the Staprix plan and we don't know the combined profit and loss for the six clubs. Perhaps fans from each club should come together, exchange notes to see what the whole thing looks like?
    My guess is that Staprix is not running at a loss overall for 2014 due to massive player sales by Liege. But no idea what this year or next year might look like.

One thing is for certain, M.Duchatelet is not looking to buy success at any club but there is an improvement in league position at all clubs (except Liege) and there are capex plans at several. The recycling of players certainly winds some fans up because they know the deficiencies in their team need more than rejects from other network clubs. At least that's the case if the fans want success this season.
    For that reason it will be worth looking at the January window activity for all clubs to see who moves where.

Already in hand

Already in hand
    Standard Liege Outs

All to Charlton

Ujpest Outs

All to Charlton.

And so on...

Already in hand
    Great!
    Do any contacts in the network have an idea of their clubs P&L? I would imagine that Liege and CAFC makes up 80% + of the turnover. Also Belgium has tight financial regulation but I can't see details on the Web.
    I see also that M.Duchatelet has proposed a change to the Jupiler league...

Already in hand
    Great!
    Do any contacts in the network have an idea of their clubs P&L? I would imagine that Liege and CAFC makes up 80% + of the turnover. Also Belgium has tight financial regulation but I can't see details on the Web.
    That's also on the agenda, but most of our contacts are focused on what happens on the pitch. We will do our best. I was in fact just thinking this morning that it would be very interesting to obtain access to Staprix accounts, which hopefully might show how inter-company transfers are handled.
  • He has great qualities as a keeper, and also not afraid to use his feet when needed.

Manuel Neuer Mk.II
  • Sponsored links:

• Everton were after him as well apparently. Martinez invited him for trials as backup to Howard (Twitter).
  • Everton were after him as well apparently. Martinez invited him for trials as backup to Howard (Twitter).

Not surprised he chose us over Everton. We must be chucking money at him to be a back-up.

• Nug said:

Everton were after him as well apparently. Martinez invited him for trials as backup to Howard (Twitter).

Not surprised he chose us over Everton. We must be chucking money at him to be a back-up.

Maybe. But we can't compete with Everton financially.

i read that as everton offered him a trial, we offered him a contract. He took the contract.
  • I read it as agents/club officials look around, go 'oh look Everton said they need a goalkeeper last week, let's say they were after so and so to make it seem like a good deal' and suddenly it's out there on social media and we're all retelling it like it's gospel
  • I don't know why Everton, but we seem to be linked with a few players over the last few years, they they were supposedly interested in. Moutakil (excuse spelling), Feeley are two I remember off of the top of my head, and I know there were others. As we have nearly always got the player, I wonder if it is someone from CAFC trying to convince us we have got a special player.
  • edited January 2015
    ross1 said:

I don't know why Everton, but we seem to be linked with a few players over the last few years, they they were supposedly interested in. Moutakil (excuse spelling), Feeley are two I remember off of the top of my head, and I know there were others. As we have nearly always got the player, I wonder if it is someone from CAFC trying to convince us we have got a special player.

I bet Eveton are slitting their wrists over losing out on Moutouakil and Feeley...
  • Moutouakil was definitely wanted by Barcelona as well... Apparently

Already in hand
    Great!
    That's also on the agenda, but most of our contacts are focused on what happens on the pitch. We will do our best. I was in fact just thinking this morning that it would be very interesting to obtain access to Staprix accounts, which hopefully might show how inter-company transfers are handled.
    I'm afraid that doesn't fly.... Consolidated Staprix accounts will give total income and expenses for the four clubs owned by Staprix. Intercompany balances and transactions are eliminated upon consolidation.
    You need the Liege accounts - I expect Alcorcun and Carl Zeiss Jena are both quite small.
    Of course the overall Staprix accounts will show what the profit and loss is and one can then infer boundaries and expectations for the next year or two.
    It simply isn't clear why they aren't accelerating faster to attempt to reach the play-offs so there must be another driver behind all this.