Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dmitrovic - Goalie signed from Ujpest

Comments

• Pope needed to be taken out of the firing line. He also needed to get his mojo back by getting games somewhere. Loan seems a sensible option to me. Perhaps Dmitrovic is felt to be like for like with Pope and even perhaps they think he's a real prospect so want a closer look.

The question for me is whether Etheridge is going to be good enough to be number one. So far I think he looks to be decent if not either Henderson or Hamer quality. I am sure we can get an emergency loan if required.
  • very interesting, thanks @ujpest_lad‌

Great to have you here, @ujpest_lad.

I think many of us would like to hear your take on the entire Duchatelet ownership thing. Why do you think they bought Ujpest? How do you think the network is working for you (you sound a bit negative). What is the financial state of Ujpest, has the RD regime improved it? For starters...
    The owner of the club on papers is Roderick Duchatelet, the son of Roland Duchatelet.

How they got to Újpest?
    The previous owner had a business-relationship with Roland Duchatelet, who gave Újpest a loan in cash. The hungarian owner could not give him the money back, so he gave ownership in the club. Also, the previous owner had lawsuits against him by many many banks, and the fans started to protest against him.
    This is how the club got to the Duchatelets.
    Still, as seen, Roland is not running Újpest. He have only been to Budapest three times since they bought the club.

Even the message of this is bad for the Újpest fans: Roland Duchatelet is running 6-7 clubs around Europe but he is not letting his son work with him: he is sending him to the club with the least budget, where he can cause the least problem... Seems like even the old Duchatelet could not trust his son to run the business together...

What the network had done to us?
    Paid all our debit back. Put a UEFA ban on the team for three years for the eurocups...
    Beside that? Nothing... They have realized that they will never get the money they invested back, so they keep the budget on the minimum available. The club has no communication team, no marketing team, no spokesperson. Only 3 people are working now at the club. This club is now far away from its peak (20 championships, 9 cups). They had great plans, but no intention of realizing them.

The club is now for sale, they are escaping from the country. The team only has 3 players that could be sold. One of them was Marko, who went to a network club. Would not be surprised if the two others left would leave to network clubs before the Duchatelets leave Hungary...

The budget has been cut to an absolute minimum now. Players did not get their salaries in December. Noone really knows what would happen if they will not sell the club...
    Bloody hell.

I think many of us would like to hear your take on the entire Duchatelet ownership thing. Why do you think they bought Ujpest? How do you think the network is working for you (you sound a bit negative). What is the financial state of Ujpest, has the RD regime improved it? For starters...
    The owner of the club on papers is Roderick Duchatelet, the son of Roland Duchatelet.

How they got to Újpest?
    The previous owner had a business-relationship with Roland Duchatelet, who gave Újpest a loan in cash. The hungarian owner could not give him the money back, so he gave ownership in the club. Also, the previous owner had lawsuits against him by many many banks, and the fans started to protest against him.
    Still, as seen, Roland is not running Újpest. He have only been to Budapest three times since they bought the club.

Even the message of this is bad for the Újpest fans: Roland Duchatelet is running 6-7 clubs around Europe but he is not letting his son work with him: he is sending him to the club with the least budget, where he can cause the least problem... Seems like even the old Duchatelet could not trust his son to run the business together...

Paid all our debit back. Put a UEFA ban on the team for three years for the eurocups...
    Beside that? Nothing... They have realized that they will never get the money they invested back, so they keep the budget on the minimum available. The club has no communication team, no marketing team, no spokesperson. Only 3 people are working now at the club. This club is now far away from its peak (20 championships, 9 cups). They had great plans, but no intention of realizing them.

The club is now for sale, they are escaping from the country. The team only has 3 players that could be sold. One of them was Marko, who went to a network club. Would not be surprised if the two others left would leave to network clubs before the Duchatelets leave Hungary...

The budget has been cut to an absolute minimum now. Players did not get their salaries in December. Noone really knows what would happen if they will not sell the club...
    Well.....that all sounds really positive. Thanks.
  • Don't care
  • I can honestly say I have never been so underwhelmed by a Charlton signing. Will never see him play and if he does he will be pony. Network donkeys.

Stuart Fleetwood?
  • Foot the love of god etheridge could not get a game at OLDHAM yes OLDHAM

how the hell is he now our number 1?

At least we are not ujpest, give it a year or two and we may well be

How they got to Újpest?

Sounds like Duchatelet is shifting any half-decent talent from Ujpest to other netowrk clubs before he sells up.
  • Davo55 said:

Just looked at the video. If that's his HIGHLIGHTS, then jeeesus. It can't be too difficult to knock up an impressive you tube compilation (see Delort et al) but that clip shows him just catching a few lame crosses and kicking it out.

Better than Pope and Etheridge then! (:
  • edited January 2015
    colin1961 said:

6"3 good size for a keeper , been tracking him past year and Ben Roberts rates him vet highly

Thanks for the update col.

• Sponsored links:

• mrbligh said:

For the love of god Etheridge could not get a game at OLDHAM yes OLDHAM

how the hell is he now our number 1?

At least we are not ujpest, give it a year or two and we may well be

I hadn't really thought of it like that.........shit?
  • I like that he comes out to claim all those crosses. Unlike Etheridge... This kid has some guts. Let's wait and see
  • Our 4th goalie of the season , hope he's up to Thurams standard.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm totally new here, so please let me tell you why I'm here.
    Been looking around on the web about what you guys think about your new signing, and just wanted to share some thoughts from the perspective of Újpest fans. Also worth noting, I am close to the club, had been working with the Duchatelets for quite a while.

About the goalkeeper you have just signed:
    Marko is a decent goalkeeper. He is the first pick for the Serbian U21 team that has eliminated Spain recently from the Euro-Champs (SpainU21 had been unbeaten for a long time previously).
    He has great qualities as a keeper, and also not afraid to use his feet when needed.

The reason why he has not been playing at Újpest:
    The captain of the team is the goalkeeper, Balajcza Szabolcs. He is basically a club legend now, who have been there and done a lot for the club. His contract was runnung out after the last season, when Marko was the first pick gk in the team. The only way to keep him was to put him back behind the lines. There was a huge pressure on the coach to do so, as the team is full of network bullshit players - even in Újpest they are bad...-, and he was one of the few hungarians left in the team.

On the other hand, Marko was not a third GK. The reason why he was not on the bench was that the team had too many non-EU players, and he was chosen to be left out.
    Still, when he had the chances, he was faultless and seemed perfectly confident. Also worth noting, that he managed to learn a lot in Hungarian which expresses his mentality as a professional player.

If you have any questions about him, or anything that the Duchatelets had done with us here in Hungary, let me know.

we used to have a young keeper with the surname Szabolcs about ten years or so ago. any relation do you think? Think his first name was Kazmenes or something like that.
  • Actually liked Pope and thought he was quality if inconsistent. This is a no brainer of a signing. It took someone with no brains to think he would add to our desperately under strength squad. Maybe that's just it. Our squad is that poor, this 4th rate keeper can actually add something!
  • Actually liked Pope and thought he was quality if inconsistent. This is a no brainer of a signing. It took someone with no brains to think he would add to our desperately under strength squad. Maybe that's just it. Our squad is that poor, this 4th rate keeper can actually add something!

Yes me too, if have Pope back over all the others most certainly.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm totally new here, so please let me tell you why I'm here.
    Been looking around on the web about what you guys think about your new signing, and just wanted to share some thoughts from the perspective of Újpest fans. Also worth noting, I am close to the club, had been working with the Duchatelets for quite a while.

About the goalkeeper you have just signed:
    Marko is a decent goalkeeper. He is the first pick for the Serbian U21 team that has eliminated Spain recently from the Euro-Champs (SpainU21 had been unbeaten for a long time previously).
    He has great qualities as a keeper, and also not afraid to use his feet when needed.

The reason why he has not been playing at Újpest:
    The captain of the team is the goalkeeper, Balajcza Szabolcs. He is basically a club legend now, who have been there and done a lot for the club. His contract was runnung out after the last season, when Marko was the first pick gk in the team. The only way to keep him was to put him back behind the lines. There was a huge pressure on the coach to do so, as the team is full of network bullshit players - even in Újpest they are bad...-, and he was one of the few hungarians left in the team.

On the other hand, Marko was not a third GK. The reason why he was not on the bench was that the team had too many non-EU players, and he was chosen to be left out.
    Still, when he had the chances, he was faultless and seemed perfectly confident. Also worth noting, that he managed to learn a lot in Hungarian which expresses his mentality as a professional player.

If you have any questions about him, or anything that the Duchatelets had done with us here in Hungary, let me know.

we used to have a young keeper with the surname Szabolcs about ten years or so ago. any relation do you think? Think his first name was Kazmenes or something like that.
    This guy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szabolcs_Kemenes

Wondered the same when I saw @Ujpest_lad mention the other guy Balajcza Szabolcs, although when you Google the surname it does seem a pretty ancient name in Hungary
  • There are quite a few East European goalkeepers playing throughout the divisions, most very successfully. Let's hope that this young man is another potential success story
  • Welcome to Charlton Marko
  • Sponsored links:

How they got to Újpest?

Sounds like Duchatelet is shifting any half-decent talent from Ujpest to other netowrk clubs before he sells up.
    exactly
  • At this rate we will have more country representation than their is at the Eurovision song contest.Charlton no points, no I don't like the sound of that.
    Have we started scouting on Mars yet.

How they got to Újpest?

exactly
    Suits Charlton at the moment but we won't be laughing when he starts doing it to us.
  • pettgra said:

At this rate we will have more country representation than their is at the Eurovision song contest.Charlton no points, no I don't like the sound of that.
    Have we started scouting on Mars yet.

Blackburn beat us to it with the Mars Rover.

• se9addick said:

How they got to Újpest?

Bloody hell.
    Pretty much sums up my feeling after reading that.
  • Well, as always, I'll judge this lad on what he does for Charlton. There's every chance he is of at least a similar standard to Pope, but will he be any better? Odds are no, but also there has to be the odd gem kicking around in the network somewhere so maybe he is one of them. Playing at U21 level for his country, which has produced plenty of very good footballers over the years, is at least a decent pedigree. I would fancy that the Serbian U21 team is harder to get into than the Philippines senior team.

Can't help thinking we need to add a bit of experience to the team though and neither this lad or Watt are going to do that.
  • My Serbian mate here says there are good references of him playing for Serbia at U19 and U20 level. I'm much more worried about the rest of what @ujpest_lad has to say.
  • Personally think there is an important distinction here. RD did not actively seek to take on Ujpest. If I am reading the above correctly, then he took them on to "offset" a debt.

This might explain his apparent poor attitude towards Ujpest.

I can't believe RD would weigh out 14m on the club and then however much more on infrastructure simply to run us into the ground.

Good point. Slightly odd, informal way to do business though.