Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dmitrovic - Goalie signed from Ujpest

Comments

• Davo55 said:

Just looked at the video. If that's his HIGHLIGHTS, then jeeesus. It can't be too difficult to knock up an impressive you tube compilation (see Delort et al) but that clip shows him just catching a few lame crosses and kicking it out.

It would be enough for Pardew! It sounds like Roberts has actually spent time watching him this time, rather than a keeper just being dumped at the training ground like Thuram as last year.
  • colin1961 said:

6"3 good size for a keeper , been tracking him past year and Ben Roberts rates him vet highly

He rates his vet?
  • Doesn't sound great on the face of it. Another Championship side (Watford) have had a look so maybe has something about him.

If signing him means the budget doesn't take too much of a hit and we can perhaps look outside of the network for other signings then its ok with me.
  • edited January 2015
    So we're left with Dame Edna or this Eastern Euro to chose in nets. Cheers Roland, you're a pal
  • If he wasn't from one of the network clubs I'm sure Charlton fans would be quite happy signing Serbia's under 21 keeper ?
  • Love the overreactions. Had we signed a really shit keeper that some of us at least had heard of then he would have been praised as being our number 1 for the next 5 years. As it is, it's just another Eastern European coming into the country, get the pitch forks out!
  • colthe3rd said:

Love the overreactions. Had we signed a really shit keeper that some of us at least had heard of then he would have been praised as being our number 1 for the next 5 years. As it is, it's just another Eastern European coming into the country, get the pitch forks out!

I'm not sure the scepticism is motivated by racism, rather a goalkeeper that appears to have been third choice at a team where Loic Nego is a first choice has been brought in to "compete" for our no 1 spot - and given the strength of competition left at the club there's a chance he'll get it.
  • How many goalkeepers have we got now?
    Pope, Etheridge, Dmitrovic, Henderson. So who is going?

Pope has gone on loan, Henderson is injured
  • Hadn't seen the Pope thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• ''Although Roberts said last week that Henderson's injury is only short-term''.

quote from above, perhaps he lied!
    (is the rest of the season short term).

Pope has already gone out on loan and Henderson is injured.

Philips is also out on loan and Mitov is very young.

We have 4 keepers from a squad of 27
  • bobcafc7 said:

If he wasn't from one of the network clubs I'm sure Charlton fans would be quite happy signing Serbia's under 21 keeper ?

Roland doesn't own Ujpest, another Duchatelet does. Is that still network?
  • se9addick said:

colthe3rd said:

Love the overreactions. Had we signed a really shit keeper that some of us at least had heard of then he would have been praised as being our number 1 for the next 5 years. As it is, it's just another Eastern European coming into the country, get the pitch forks out!

I'm not sure the scepticism is motivated by racism, rather a goalkeeper that appears to have been third choice at a team where Loic Nego is a first choice has been brought in to "compete" for our no 1 spot - and given the strength of competition left at the club there's a chance he'll get it.
    I was over exaggerating I disn't mean to suggest I think people's opinions are racist. It just baffles me that people are basing such opinions on never having seen this guy play. We should know by now that not all the players that have been brought in by RD have been flops. Some have yes but others not. It's as if sometimes clubs sign players who turn out to be good and sometimes they turn out to be bad.
  • I can honestly say I have never been so underwhelmed by a Charlton signing. Will never see him play and if he does he will be pony. Network donkeys.

Are you his dad?
    not even a fan of him

• Hi everyone,

I'm totally new here, so please let me tell you why I'm here.
    Been looking around on the web about what you guys think about your new signing, and just wanted to share some thoughts from the perspective of Újpest fans. Also worth noting, I am close to the club, had been working with the Duchatelets for quite a while.

About the goalkeeper you have just signed:
    Marko is a decent goalkeeper. He is the first pick for the Serbian U21 team that has eliminated Spain recently from the Euro-Champs (SpainU21 had been unbeaten for a long time previously).
    He has great qualities as a keeper, and also not afraid to use his feet when needed.

The reason why he has not been playing at Újpest:
    The captain of the team is the goalkeeper, Balajcza Szabolcs. He is basically a club legend now, who have been there and done a lot for the club. His contract was runnung out after the last season, when Marko was the first pick gk in the team. The only way to keep him was to put him back behind the lines. There was a huge pressure on the coach to do so, as the team is full of network bullshit players - even in Újpest they are bad...-, and he was one of the few hungarians left in the team.

On the other hand, Marko was not a third GK. The reason why he was not on the bench was that the team had too many non-EU players, and he was chosen to be left out.
    Still, when he had the chances, he was faultless and seemed perfectly confident. Also worth noting, that he managed to learn a lot in Hungarian which expresses his mentality as a professional player.

If you have any questions about him, or anything that the Duchatelets had done with us here in Hungary, let me know.

Cheers for your comments... What are your views on Loic Nego, hows he doing in Hungary?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi everyone,

I'm totally new here, so please let me tell you why I'm here.
    Been looking around on the web about what you guys think about your new signing, and just wanted to share some thoughts from the perspective of Újpest fans. Also worth noting, I am close to the club, had been working with the Duchatelets for quite a while.

About the goalkeeper you have just signed:
    Marko is a decent goalkeeper. He is the first pick for the Serbian U21 team that has eliminated Spain recently from the Euro-Champs (SpainU21 had been unbeaten for a long time previously).
    He has great qualities as a keeper, and also not afraid to use his feet when needed.

The reason why he has not been playing at Újpest:
    The captain of the team is the goalkeeper, Balajcza Szabolcs. He is basically a club legend now, who have been there and done a lot for the club. His contract was runnung out after the last season, when Marko was the first pick gk in the team. The only way to keep him was to put him back behind the lines. There was a huge pressure on the coach to do so, as the team is full of network bullshit players - even in Újpest they are bad...-, and he was one of the few hungarians left in the team.

On the other hand, Marko was not a third GK. The reason why he was not on the bench was that the team had too many non-EU players, and he was chosen to be left out.
    Still, when he had the chances, he was faultless and seemed perfectly confident. Also worth noting, that he managed to learn a lot in Hungarian which expresses his mentality as a professional player.

If you have any questions about him, or anything that the Duchatelets had done with us here in Hungary, let me know.

Great to have you here, @ujpest_lad.

I think many of us would like to hear your take on the entire Duchatelet ownership thing. Why do you think they bought Ujpest? How do you think the network is working for you (you sound a bit negative). What is the financial state of Ujpest, has the RD regime improved it? For starters...
  • ujpest_lad is definitely not a fake account. I'm sure the mods can tell us where their IP address is from.
  • Thanks ujest-lad feel a bit happier now.

Pope - gone on loan
    Hendo - injured
    Etheridge - only here till July
    Dmitrovic - 18 month deal
    Phillps - on loan, can't see him staying
    Mitov - very highly rated, the long term number one

so currently two fit keepers at Sparrows Lane, Hendo fit who knows when

• se9addick said:

To be clear - if Dmitrovic is here to "compete" for first choice that makes it sound like we aren't signing another goalkeeper.

Does that mean, with Henderson likely out for the season, we've ended up with a choice between a guy who couldn't get a contract at Oldham and a Hungarian teams third choice 'keeper ?

I have liked this comment as it is no laughing matter, that's for sure.
  • Ben Roberts toeing party line on OS saying they've been scouting him for 8 months. Not buying that' easy quick cheap fix can't see how he's going to be better than pope. Similar age

I'm very Cynical bout this
  • Ledge said:

Ben Roberts toeing party line on OS saying they've been scouting him for 8 months. Not buying that' easy quick cheap fix can't see how he's going to be better than pope. Similar age

I'm very Cynical bout this

Although if they only scout players from within the network it might be true.

Great to have you here, @ujpest_lad.

I think many of us would like to hear your take on the entire Duchatelet ownership thing. Why do you think they bought Ujpest? How do you think the network is working for you (you sound a bit negative). What is the financial state of Ujpest, has the RD regime improved it? For starters...
    The owner of the club on papers is Roderick Duchatelet, the son of Roland Duchatelet.

How they got to Újpest?
    The previous owner had a business-relationship with Roland Duchatelet, who gave Újpest a loan in cash. The hungarian owner could not give him the money back, so he gave ownership in the club. Also, the previous owner had lawsuits against him by many many banks, and the fans started to protest against him.
    This is how the club got to the Duchatelets.
    Still, as seen, Roland is not running Újpest. He have only been to Budapest three times since they bought the club.

Even the message of this is bad for the Újpest fans: Roland Duchatelet is running 6-7 clubs around Europe but he is not letting his son work with him: he is sending him to the club with the least budget, where he can cause the least problem... Seems like even the old Duchatelet could not trust his son to run the business together...

What the network had done to us?
    Paid all our debit back. Put a UEFA ban on the team for three years for the eurocups...
    Beside that? Nothing... They have realized that they will never get the money they invested back, so they keep the budget on the minimum available. The club has no communication team, no marketing team, no spokesperson. Only 3 people are working now at the club. This club is now far away from its peak (20 championships, 9 cups). They had great plans, but no intention of realizing them.

The club is now for sale, they are escaping from the country. The team only has 3 players that could be sold. One of them was Marko, who went to a network club. Would not be surprised if the two others left would leave to network clubs before the Duchatelets leave Hungary...

The budget has been cut to an absolute minimum now. Players did not get their salaries in December. Noone really knows what would happen if they will not sell the club...