Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dmitrovic - Goalie signed from Ujpest

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Yep......I've never heard of him either. He's a young goalkeeper from RD's other club - Ujpest. I only know this because I've just been in the club shop buying the 3rd kit for my young son, which actually - despite my reservations, looks really good on him.

Anyway....is this a good signing, or is it just another signing to pacify us Charlton fans, without actually shelling out any money? Maybe RD is hoping he may have a good 5 months with us and be signed by another club - for a small profit you understand!

I'm just totally fed up with all these poxy 'Network' signings. It's basically RD playing FIFA 15 for real

Comments

• it's on the web now too which has more info
  • braydex said:

Yep......I've never heard of him either. He's a young goalkeeper from RD's other club - Ujpest. I only know this because I've just been in the club shop buying the 3rd kit for my young son, which actually - despite my reservations, looks really good on him.

Anyway....is this a good signing, or is it just another signing to pacify us Charlton fans, without actually shelling out any money? Maybe RD is hoping he may have a good 5 months with us and be signed by another club - for a small profit you understand!

I'm just totally fed up with all these poxy 'Network' signings. It's basically RD playing FIFA 15 for real

braydex said:

it's on the web now too which has more info

which says undisclosed fee meaning a fee has been paid of some sorts

• God please fix Stephen Henderson's injury so we can stop this massive goalkeeper merry-go-round.
  • NETWORK NO-WORK, NETWORK NO-WORK, NETWORK NO-WORK - Can you hear me Roly?
  • Don't like to write off players, our signings, but..

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2010–2013 Red Star Belgrade 0 (0)
    2013– Újpest 12 (0)

I could pick one of, if not the, best player out of Hungarian top tier (Nikolics a striker of Videoton) and he'd struggle in the Championship 100%, and we go for a goalkeeper who's played 12 games since 2010 and can't fit into a mid-table Ujpest side.

He's FAR from the quality we need, kept out by a 35 year old shot stopper who is no world beater who plays for Ujpest, and in fact is probably even 3rd in line there I believe. Thuram with a more orthodox goalkeeping style plastered all over this guy.
  • We've changed keepers twice already this year, we're lacking any kind of fit & reliable striker and our midfield is either unfit or inexperienced.

So we sign another keeper.

I have no words.
  • Does it still count as network if Roland isn't the Duchatalet that owns ujpest?
  • we know nothing about him. he may be great he may be turd. he may be here just to get some experience.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now
  • He was on the books at Red Star Belgrade, he has to be at least decent
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like a bloke from the car wash! must have had a hard 22 years!
  • I don't understand the link between you buying a kit for your young son and us getting a keeper in, is your young son the keeper ?!
  • Rossman92 said:

He was on the books at Red Star Belgrade, he has to be at least decent

I had an uncle who once played for Red Star Belgrade
    Was he decent ?

• Rossman92 said:

Well if your uncle was at least decent then I'll give Dmitrovic a chance
  • He's never 22, thinner on top than me! I'm sure I'm not alone, every time we sign someone I think there's some ulterior motive. Why are we bringing a young keeper on loan, when we've just sent 2 other young keepers out on loan? Quite frankly this network can kindly go forth and multiply, if it wasn't for Oyston and Cellino, we would be a genuine circus act!
  • Rossman92 said:

Was he decent ?

He said some things are really left best unspoken
    But I prefer it all to be out in the open
  • 'Dmitrović will push Neil Etheridge for the number one spot.'

Yeah right.
  • Think we might have to get used to the fact that come January we are given cast offs from the network. I just hope in the summer we spend again.
  • edited January 2015
    Rossman92 said:

I had an uncle who once played
    for Red Star Belgrade

Sorry - just seen I was beaten to it !
    respect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Embarrassing
  • Bring back Kiely, I hear he's available.
  • NugNug
    edited January 2015
    Merry go round
  • from that video he seems to be "no frills". Not one for the Hollywood save (bit like Pope) and relies on positional sense.

Strikes the ball well (good)

Seems rather vocal (good)

No complaints from me as yet. Let's see how it pans out - 22 is very young for a GK so not entirely surprising he is not a regular in a top flight team
  • Don't like to write off players, our signings, but..

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2010–2013 Red Star Belgrade 0 (0)
    2013– Újpest 12 (0)

I could pick one of, if not the, best player out of Hungarian top tier (Nikolics a striker of Videoton) and he'd struggle in the Championship 100%, and we go for a goalkeeper who's played 12 games since 2010 and can't fit into a mid-table Ujpest side.

He's FAR from the quality we need, kept out by a 35 year old shot stopper who is no world beater who plays for Ujpest, and in fact is probably even 3rd in line there I believe. Thuram with a more orthodox goalkeeping style plastered all over this guy.

I know right, no goals as well. Jeez
  • se9addick said:

To be clear - if Dmitrovic is here to "compete" for first choice that makes it sound like we aren't signing another goalkeeper.

Does that mean, with Henderson likely out for the season, we've ended up with a choice between a guy who couldn't get a contract at Oldham and a Hungarian teams third choice 'keeper ?

Yes.

Although Roberts said last week that Henderson's injury is only short-term.
  • Just looked at the video. If that's his HIGHLIGHTS, then jeeesus. It can't be too difficult to knock up an impressive you tube compilation (see Delort et al) but that clip shows him just catching a few lame crosses and kicking it out.
  • se9addick said:

To be clear - if Dmitrovic is here to "compete" for first choice that makes it sound like we aren't signing another goalkeeper.

Does that mean, with Henderson likely out for the season, we've ended up with a choice between a guy who couldn't get a contract at Oldham and a Hungarian teams third choice 'keeper ?

Yes.

Although Roberts said last week that Henderson's injury is only short-term.
    Ah right, that's not so bad then.