Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

charlton v Blackburn - post match views

Comments

• We responded well to their first and played some good stuff. We deserved out equaliser but their second knocked the stuffing out of us so soon after the equaliser and were never quite the same. But to be fair to Blackburn they parked the bus really well as well and we did not have the quality to move it in the end.
  • Got there at about 3.55 and spent about 10 mins asking stewards/people with walkie-talkies if I could actually pay to watch the second-half "No - ticket office is shut", "Dunno", "Try Valley Gold"... eventually went to reception and some bloke presumably from the ticket office was there and said 'give me a tenner and I'll see what I can do', then dissappeared for a bit but finally got me in. You'd think they'd want mugs like me to actually part with money, wouldn't you?

The game (second-half)? No urgency, so many players couldn't be bothered. Wilson was appalling, just didn't look interested or even mobile. Cousins had a shocker - but to be fair the lad is playing week-in week-out and out of position!! Bikey, this clown needs to realise he's playing as part of a team and not a one-man circus act. George double-marked all the time was the only person who looked like he could make things happen. Continually fouled again, though the ref usually was on to it. Gudmundson, lovely strike, does what he does well, but when he's not doing that (most of the time) he is so lazy and lightweight. Buyens sending-off wasn't even a yellow imo. Fox was OK I thought. Jackson not a good game either. I just think no-one could be arsed bar maybe Ben Haim, Tucudean and our keeper who was fantastic and saved us from further embarrassment.

Got a feeling also that Peeters has pretty-much lost the dressing room. No point in a new striker if we have no decent midfield!

Did Gudmundsson get booked for abusing Bikey when he was screaming at him? Anyone see what happened there?!?!!
  • Etheridge played quite well, Church was quite dangerous, JBG looked a threat at times...

I'm not a fan of Fox, but it would be unfair to blame him solely for both goals, the CBs were all over the place, while Cousins was hardly ever getting back to help him, I imagine due to tiredness.

Getting rid of Morrison was crazy, he's easily be worth a place in the team now. And why Bikey up front? if you're going to stick someone from defence up there, why not TBH who at least has some pace
  • seth plum said:

boggzy said:

Got there at about 3.55 and spent about 10 mins asking stewards/people with walkie-talkies if I could actually pay to watch the second-half "No - ticket office is shut", "Dunno", "Try Valley Gold"... eventually went to reception and some bloke presumably from the ticket office was there and said 'give me a tenner and I'll see what I can do', then dissappeared for a bit but finally got me in. You'd think they'd want mugs like me to actually part with money, wouldn't you?
    blockquote>

Seriously? You were being asked for the top price for the game which was already half over, and it was being framed that they were doing you a massive favour?
    Seriously 'give me a tenner and I'll see what I can do'??
    If the attitude was as disdainful as it appears from what you say it was, then maybe the best response would have been to tell them to stick it up their arse.

I can't believe that either, Seth.

If that happened to me I'd be wanting some answers from the club first thing Monday. Mickey Mouse behavior.
  • Did Buyens get a straight red? I thought a second yellow was shown?
  • Johann B Gudmundsson ‏@Gudmundsson7 14 seconds ago
    So disapointed with todays result, we need to pick our self up and get going again. No other option

no shit, Sherlock
    Johaann what do u mean get going again? We never were going in the 1st place!

• Powel bought my Charlton back. Riga gave it renewed vigour when it was creaking. BP has lost it today. Garbage. I hope never to see that pansy Buyens in a CAFC shirt again. Darren Ambrose would win tackles against this prat.

Jackson is sadly past it, Cousins is not a winger, Bikey is fatter than me and sticking him upfront was, frankly, embarrassing for everyone. TBH could not have given a shit about today and Wilson isn't even a quarter of the player from last season.

Things still need changing and quick.

A bit of an overreaction.
  • Gudmundsson was booked for a bit of an altercation with one of their players who reacted badly to Johan's challenge. It was off the ball, but the ref saw it and after play was stopped he went back to book him too. Don't think personally he deserved a yellow, and taken on it's own, not did Buyens tackle for his second yellow, but the ref was at least consistent....
  • It's definitely not a happy camp at the moment at all. Looks a lack of togetherness all over the pitch/bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our cup performances are so shite tickets should be free
    Fans should not be expected to pay for that
  • Even millwall had some fight in them today!!
  • Dross, lifeless and depressing.

What was Buyems 1st booking for? Don't remember it.

I missed it as well, and as we had no screen showing the bookings, was quite surprised to see him trudging off (sent off players always trudge don't they?) as I wasn't looking when the red was produced
  • edited January 2015
    HandG said:

Did Buyens get a straight red? I thought a second yellow was shown?

Second yellow. Misses one game.
  • if this doesn't tell RD we need new players in nothing will .
  • Truly abysmal, Fox, Wilson, Cousins -lightweight, ineffectual, looked like schoolboys out there.. Jackson peripheral (as usual). Bikey's defending hairbrained -but you can see how pissed off he and Ben Haim have become. Why would you continue to play so deep with 10 men, serving only to isolate a depleted midfield further? Will Blackburn ever have an easier afternoon?... We need a left back and at least 2 midfielders more than we need a striker in my view. Other than Gudmundsson I thought only Church and Tucadean looked like they cared -but clearly lack the quality.
  • I know that we've been on a poor run of form recently but surely some good support today could maybe have lifted the team a bit and helped us get something from the game? I've never heard so little noise from our fans
  • Wasn't great but there's some massive overreactions on this thread !!!
  • Look on the bright side though....at least you didn't have to play Man City.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just want to mention the lead up to their goal came from the bounce up after Ref stopped play for Church's injury. Etheridge, instead of rolling it sideways for a throw forcing Blackburn to throw ball back tries to kick it into touch on the halfway line and mucks it up. From the resulting bounce up they attack and score. Little mistakes like this are costing us games.
  • Poorest I have seen us play this season, lacked pace and energy all over the pitch and second best everywhere. Options for centre mid look woeful for next week unless we get someone in quickly. Blackburn keeper looked very poor, can't believe we didn't put him under more pressure.
  • edited January 2015

Look on the bright side though....at least you didn't have to play Man City.

NBT on the Friday before our game?

The Swedish Owls will be there.
  • Was just about to say what 1SG above said - a couple of ours were shouting and pointing at the Blackburn to kick it back to the keeper but absolutely correctly the Blackburn players had decided that they fancied winning, contested the bounce up and about 45 seconds later they score.

I was in the East rather than N Upper and agree with the poster who commented on the lack of communication between our players. It was so qoiet that you could hear players shout and it was mostly Blackburn players doing so. And Peeters - start of the season he was all over the tech area, arms waving. Doesn't seem to be the case so much now.

Other than that, dunno. Give TBH and Church a biscuit on Monday but not sure any others earned their money today.
  • So pissed off with another inept, clueless performance. Hard to see where the next win will come from. Looking like a long season now.
  • colin1961 said:

First half was pretty even ... We got back level but then a poor ref decision sending Buyons off for a tackle that was not even a foul ... Once that happened if was over ... We learnt a lot today about our squad Wilson, Fox , cousins and Jackson just Re not good enough at this level that might be a little harsh on Cousins but he just can't keep control of the ball basic stuff ... It's time to get a new captain what motivation did Jackson give others today ? Blackburn players were just strolling past him he looked like he was running in quicksand time is up for him ...
    In the end it was a normal cup tie no one really looked like they wanted a draw, lack of atmosphere

We need to bring one of two in this week problem is no Buyons next week as to move Gudmunnson inside but we Are running out of players

Are you having a laugh? Buyens deserved to go.
  • edited January 2015

seth plum said:

boggzy said:

Got there at about 3.55 and spent about 10 mins asking stewards/people with walkie-talkies if I could actually pay to watch the second-half "No - ticket office is shut", "Dunno", "Try Valley Gold"... eventually went to reception and some bloke presumably from the ticket office was there and said 'give me a tenner and I'll see what I can do', then dissappeared for a bit but finally got me in. You'd think they'd want mugs like me to actually part with money, wouldn't you?
    blockquote>

Seriously? You were being asked for the top price for the game which was already half over, and it was being framed that they were doing you a massive favour?
    Seriously 'give me a tenner and I'll see what I can do'??
    If the attitude was as disdainful as it appears from what you say it was, then maybe the best response would have been to tell them to stick it up their arse.

I can't believe that either, Seth.

If that happened to me I'd be wanting some answers from the club first thing Monday. Mickey Mouse behavior.

I think you're both probably right - I'll send a mail/make a call on Monday.

To be honest though, Seth, apart from the fact that I expect nothing more from Modern Football clubs; telling him to shove it up his arse would have been pointless as the bloke clearly didn't give a shit if I made a transaction or not. It w as *absolutely* framed as doing me a massive favour (which in his eyes it clearly was as the ticket office was shut)

He disappeared in to the ticket office with my twenty-pound note, I went to follow him - receptionist barked "COULD YOU WAIT HERE PLEASE?" to which I replied - "Well, how am I supposed to know - he just took my money and said nothing". When he reappeared he led me thru the ticket office and eventually in to the West Lower with my ticket and change. No thanks or anything, either.

I do appreciate he gave me the chance to see 45 minutes of passionate entertaining football, though!

• Gumbo said:

Performances like that is the reason I hate charlton more then Millwall, I'm starting to lose faith in Peeters (not because of today) but that type of performance has been coming

If you hate us more than Millwall why are you worried about what Peeters is doing? Bizarre post.

Because I'm a Charlton fan! Why would I worry about peeters
  • Things at the moment are going wrong , this is a results buisness and results ain't been going the way we would like, this is where we will see how good BP really is ?
  • When was Buyans first booking and what for ?