Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***PLEASE HELP*** 7 year old girl with brain cancer.

Comments

• Options
    Come on , Frankie ! You can fight this, girlie !

Stay strong, you little star.
  • Options
    Thinking of you all with this.
  • Options
    Best wishes to Frankie for a full recovery x
  • Options

The surgery is done and seems to have gone well, she had bleeding and a further clot which is now being dispersed but all caused by a damaged shunt, this has been removed. So when frankie has recovered and is strong enough she will need more surgery to replace the shunt. We are far from out of the woods but things went as well as we could have hoped, now we are back to the waiti xxx

Poor girl is really going through it. Will keep her in my thoughts.

• Options

The surgery is done and seems to have gone well, she had bleeding and a further clot which is now being dispersed but all caused by a damaged shunt, this has been removed. So when frankie has recovered and is strong enough she will need more surgery to replace the shunt. We are far from out of the woods but things went as well as we could have hoped, now we are back to the waiti xxx

Yes she is, I don't know how much one 7 year old can take. She's so high spirited though x
  • Options
    Sadie young Frankie is a real motivation for all, my daughter when having her kidney op was not anywhere near as poorly as Frankie and selfishly although I am glad of that, it taught me that kids are resilient and fight beyond our wildest imagination to get better, I ain't a religious man but I pray to whatever there is out there to repay her fight with health and strength, my thoughts are with her and family and everyone touched by spark,

Get well Frankie, you can do this I know you can,

Darren x
  • Options

Yes she is, I don't know how much one 7 year old can take. She's so high spirited though x
    As NLA rightly points out, kids are very resilient. Perhaps helped by not fully understanding just how serious things are. Hopefully, she will get through this and surprise everyone with her (seemingly easy) recovery.

• Options
    Best wishes
  • Options
    God bless you Frankie, you have shown a great fighting spirit so far, my thoughts and prayers are for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just to let you all know after 3 long months in hospital Frankie Rose went home yesterday.
  • Options
    Thats great news. One step at a time.
  • Options
    Great news Sadie.
  • Options
    I so hope she is going to be ok. Three months is a hell of a time for a 7 year old. Kids can be unbelievably resolute in the face of such adversity.
  • Options
    Great to hear that Sadie. Hope Frankie and all her family are on the up from now on.
  • Options
    Thanks for that very positive update, Sadie.

• Options
    Thanks Sadie for the update. Frankie has got a mountain to climb. One step at a time. It must be brutal for her family.
  • Options
    Great news Sadie .. Frankie has come through a long fight with cancer and seems to have won so far .. children are often tougher and more resilient than they're given credit for .. we all hope and pray that she will continue to mend and prosper
  • Options
    Fantastic news !

Team work but ultimately Frankie's strong will has seen her through this nightmare.

She's one very special young lady.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic News.
    That must have been 1 long year for the family
  • Options
    Wonderful news. What a great Christmas Frankie and her family are going to have!
  • Options
    We really should also thank Sadie for starting this thread as, without her input, we might never have heard about Frankie.

The power of social media - and of course Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Wonderful news. Thanks for posting AA.
  • Options
    Wonderful news. Very happy.
  • Options
    Wow, such fabulous news.
    So,so happy for you all.
  • Options
    At last some wonderful news on CL. There has been some amazing advancements in medicine, but what does make me sad is that many kids (and adults) are being denied it because of the costs often involved.
  • Options
    Big shout to Peanuts Molloy who tipped Lifers a decent winner on the horses (some of which) helped boost the fund at the start.