Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***PLEASE HELP*** 7 year old girl with brain cancer.

Comments

• Options
    How fantastic would it be if Mum's intuition is proven to be correct.

Today Frankie rose finishes her treatment, cannot believe this is the end of the journey. In frankies words she doesn't have a brain tumour anymore!!!! Glad it's over now just wait for the next MRI so we can see the effects. Feeling excited!!!!! My belly says this is it. ALL DONE. Cancer u lost xxx
  • Options
    I am just so so pleased, even though I do not know the family. Best wishes x
  • Options
    As far as the doctors are concerned the proton treatment has worked, the physical signs are also good, frankie also feels better, but they won't actually know for sure until the MRI, however everything is pointing towards positive. Michelle and Sam thank you all for your continuous support and well wishes, none of this would have been possible if it weren't for the selfless generosity of strangers. Xx
  • Options
    Lovely message from Mum:

So the journey is almost over, couldn't wait to get home and now it's time to say goodbye I wish we could stay longer. Thankyou to every supporter, donator, well wisher, friends and family. To Oklahoma and the wonderful people who live here, the families and children we have met, to my daughter, my sons and my husband I love you with all my heart. The bags are packed the hard work is over and now were going on holiday. Let the fun begin......... XxxxX the lea family
  • Options
    Fantastic. Always puts life into perspective. Nice to read some positive news and see someone giving this awful disease a kicking.
  • Options
    Has the MRI given them the all clear or do they have to wait for a while to do that ?
  • Options

Has the MRI given them the all clear or do they have to wait for a while to do that ?

I haven't seen Mum post the answer to that Oohah so have been rather hoping that no news is good news in that respect.

• Options
    going to give my little girl a massive cuddle later
  • Options
    One happy family :-)

Would like to say a great big massive thank you to give kids the world for letting us have a week at their complex, Frankie-rose has a star in the tower of hope that will be there forever, we've had a Halloween night. And a magical Xmas with snow, Santa and presents. The kids have had a fantastic time and the parents are shattered but to see the smiles shows we've loved every minute and have made memories of a lifetime. You've made our little girl a very happy lady. Just what we all needed.
  • Options

I haven't seen Mum post the answer to that Oohah so have been rather hoping that no news is good news in that respect.

It's a waiting game now they've gone home and the results for all the final tests will be coming soon. Feeling positive though as physically she is very much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope the tests will be good news for all. Pleased she is much better physically. Great news.
  • Options
    I forgot to say that they are home now back in Slade Green.
  • Options
    Latest FB update:

It's been hard returning back to normality for me, although physically she looks and is doing amazing we will not know any results for at least 3 months.
    An MRI scan will be performed within 3 weeks it will act as a baseline for the important one 3 months after.
    It's easy to smile and say how great she is because she looks so good and is gaining strength every day but the agony of waiting is killing me.
    When the kids are with me it is difficult to answer all the question but I remain positive because it keeps me and them sane.
    I have avoided catching up with old friends and those from America as it feels so sad. But today I decided life is for living I've made a few calls and am going to pull it together.
    All of the children have returned to school giving me far to much time to think so I am returning to work on Monday. Frankie rose completed her 1st week back with a smile on her face, it feels good to see her being with her friends. Fred got a certificate from the head teacher and Alfs started to do a bit round the house.
    A very happy mummy xxxx
  • Options
    That really is fantastic news.

Not before time though and it wouldn't have happened but for the highlighting of cases such as Frankie Rose and the embarrassment it causes a government. We can fund wars in far away lands but not be able to treat people with life threatening diseases.

I would like to think that the election just happening to be around the corner has nothing to do with it too.
  • Options
    Precisely, FR mum said if anything good ha come out of their nightmare it's that it raised the awareness on how important these clinics will be in the UK. So hopefully not too many more families will have to fight so hard for what they need.
  • Options
    We went to the marsden yesterday for scan results to the first MRI. The area is swollen which they said is to be expected after radiation but the best part if there are dead cells visible which even after chemo hadn't happened. It could be months before we see any real reduction but as long as theirs no growth were winning. The next MRI is in 6 weeks and will probably look the same. She is at school working hard and us making progress every day. Xxxx
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately on Saturday Frankie was sick, the doctor wanted to be safe and check her over, they found a large bleed on the brain. She is now in hospital again awaiting emergency surgery. This is a high risk operation, higher due to her history, on which we hope 2 things, one she comes through and two that she is still "herself". Please keep her in your prayers x
  • Options

Unfortunately on Saturday Frankie was sick, the doctor wanted to be safe and check her over, they found a large bleed on the brain. She is now in hospital again awaiting emergency surgery.

Sorry to hear this. I am sure everyone on here is now thinking of her and willing her to recover
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Best wishes to Frankie and her family & friends.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this Sadie. All our thoughts, love and best wishes to Frankie, her family and friends x
  • Options
    Desperately sorry to read this. Here's hoping and praying for Frankie.
  • Options

Unfortunately on Saturday Frankie was sick, the doctor wanted to be safe and check her over, they found a large bleed on the brain. She is now in hospital again awaiting emergency surgery. This is a high risk operation, higher due to her history, on which we hope 2 things, one she comes through and two that she is still "herself". Please keep her in your prayers x

So sorry to hear of this Sadie.As others have said, thoughts, love and wishes for Frankie and her family at this worrying time.

• Options
    Pass on our best wishes to the family Sadie. Let's hope she pulls through ok.
  • Options
    8( so sad keep fighting Frankie, gutted to read this
  • Options

My heart sank when I read this
    Keep fighting Frankie
  • Options
    Gutting news. Hope the operation is a success. Good luck to Frankie.
  • Options
    Echo everyone's sentiments, good luck to you Frankie.
  • Options
    Thoughts with Frankie and the family xxx