Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***PLEASE HELP*** 7 year old girl with brain cancer.

Comments

• Options

Children in need were asked for help and their response was that she wasn't a child in need, all money I was going to donate to them is now going to Frankie Rose.

I would have thought she was more in need than most they help. Sorry to hear that Sadie.

• Options
    Sadie,

No idea what sort of strategy there is in place, but if this is going to get anywhere close in the next couple of weeks, it going to need serious high-level media coverage.

Either one of the main daily's to get behind it (Sun, Mirror, Mail), or tv news (Local news, One Show).

Relying on social media / word of mouth gets you so far and exposure, buti fear that will dry up without something major like the above.
  • Options

Sadie,

No idea what sort of strategy there is in place, but if this is going to get anywhere close in the next couple of weeks, it going to need serious high-level media coverage.

Either one of the main daily's to get behind it (Sun, Mirror, Mail), or tv news (Local news, One Show).

Relying on social media / word of mouth gets you so far and exposure, buti fear that will dry up without something major like the above.

I was thinking the same.

Funny how we have no shortage of "News Shopper" related bloggers and posters on here..........yet not a word about this on their site.

In contrast,one can read that five sheep have been left on a development site somewhere as a protest.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Friends and family of Frankie-Rose will be holding a charity evening on Saturday 22nd November, at The Brewers Arms, Northumberland Heath, Brook Street. There will be an 80's disco, food, raffles and an auction - prizes include tickets to Paris on the Eurostar, spa days, hampers, champagne and much more. Bring all of your friends. Looking forward to seeing you all there x x x

Sadie. I have won in a similar distressed child-related auction, but unable to take advantage of, a time-share holiday in the Lake District for a week commencing Sunday 20 December. The accommodation is 5 star two bedroom reverse house (sleeps 6) situated in Underscar, near Keswick. Facilities on the complex include use of large heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and Gym.
    Dogs not allowed.

I am more than happy to donate this holiday for the auction on 22 November to help Frankie-Rose.
    Peter that is excellent Tgank you
  • Options

It's now in the Mirror, hopefully that gives it a boost

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/family-selling-home-fund-life-saving-4627881

Also in the mail
  • Options
    Approaching 43'000 now
  • Options

Approaching 43'000 now

That is great news. Lets keep our fingers crossed a rich anonymous donor makes up the rest. I'm really gutted to hear the family are having to sell their house at cut price to pay for the treatment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SJ, is the gofundme link the best one to use to donate?
  • Options
    SJ, I'm getting an error message when I try to donate - have PM'ed you
  • Options
    I think it's crashed Fiona. It hasn't ipdated in the last 50 mins when money was pouring in constantly. It's on 49k now was on 43 1 and a half hours ago. Hope they sort the link out.
  • Options
    Hi everyone the other page with 3k on it does work http://www.gofundme.com/h3upn4 both pages are linked to the family so it still counts, the main page is being fixed, it appears there is a limitation on it for some reason thank you again for your support xx
  • Options
    SJ is the second link ok too or better to wait for the main link to be fixed?
  • Options
    The link is fine, both are run by family friends just one was set up a sponser page and she has surpassed the 1000 she was looking for the other is the one that every was given it's entirely up to you xx
    A message from mum and dad.
  • Options
    Sadie I have a wii u and controller plus 1 game All brand new, send me a pm and I will get them to you for the prizes on 22nd
  • Options
    Sadie. I have a signed Charlton shirt from this season. Happy to donate if you want to let me know where to send it.
  • Options
    Excellent stuff guys x
  • Options
    Christ that second site is at 20k now. I think they'll smash it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a shame they lost a key couple of hours at the most optimum time. Hope it doesn't impact.

Just shows the impact though it getting it out there. Amazing response today.
  • Options
    Excellent response, I hope they do smash it £160'000 is for the treatment, a bit more would help the family stay together during the time give them enough to stay somewhere together near by.
  • Options
    Sadie, where abouts is the treatment in the USA? Plenty of States based Addicks on here. You never know !
  • Options
    Just caught up with this, Sadie. £50 donated and sending all the luck and best wishes in the world.

You are a great lady, and a fabulous friend to this family - well done for raising it.
  • Options

Sadie, where abouts is the treatment in the USA? Plenty of States based Addicks on here. You never know !

Not sure large to be honest I haven't asked.
    Davo55 said:

Just caught up with this, Sadie. £50 donated and sending all the luck and best wishes in the world.

You are a great lady, and a fabulous friend to this family - well done for raising it.

Thank you very much, there are loads of people fund raising everyone who has met frankie loves her and wants to do their bit. Also her mum gave me bags and bags of clothes and bits for my son when he was born so I owe her a turn.

Everyone else link is back up and running, we are over half way there now.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Quality stuff @Davo55‌
  • Options
    Have donated and shared the links.
    Hope the target is reached over the weekend

Good luck and best wishes to the family!
  • Options
    We are over £90'000 wow overwhelmed!
  • Options
    Donated, Frankie-Rose you have my full thoughts and prayers and I wish you all the best in you fight against this cruel illness
  • Options
    Comedian Jason Manford has now publicised the story on FB and Twitter.

Given his followers support to Stephen Sutton's campaign a few months back, fingers crossed they'll get what they need now :)