Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morrison on loan to Birmingham until 31st Dec

Comments

• Options
    Think it's a shame, and a waste. Morrison's a good player.
  • Options
    Contracted so hopefully get a few hundred grand for him at least.
  • Options

The only problem I have with this is that I would like to properly thank him for the role he has played at the club over the last 3 years. I don't necessarily think it is a mistake - things change and teams and players move on - but I think he has been a rock for us and wish him nothing but well.

Yep, think the less sentimental amongst us would probably say (with justification) that we've got better alternatives now so why keep him. For me I just find it is saddening how quickly and brutally that promotion winning squad has been dismantled.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

The only problem I have with this is that I would like to properly thank him for the role he has played at the club over the last 3 years. I don't necessarily think it is a mistake - things change and teams and players move on - but I think he has been a rock for us and wish him nothing but well.

Yep, think the less sentimental amongst us would probably say (with justification) that we've got better alternatives now so why keep him. For me I just find it is saddening how quickly and brutally that promotion winning squad has been dismantled.
    Agree.

Horses for courses though I guess.
  • Options

Good luck to him. If he doesn't fit in BP's plans and can get first team football elsewhere and a permanent move in the process then fair play.

What i don't understand is why we got him to sign a new contract and then barely a few months later tell him he is not really in our plans.

Was the contract signed before Bob arrived?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Good luck to him. If he doesn't fit in BP's plans and can get first team football elsewhere and a permanent move in the process then fair play.

What i don't understand is why we got him to sign a new contract and then barely a few months later tell him he is not really in our plans.

Was the contract signed before Bob arrived?
    I suppose it was because Morro was a regular for us the previous seasons and they didn't know how the CB's we brought in would perform. Ben Haim and Bikey have surprised us all with their performances.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

has anyone got that pic of the league 1 champions at carlisle with the departed players greyed out?

Only a loan but....

"And then there were three"image
    Am I the only one really bugged buy this picture because Damian Matthew is still at the club but has been greyed out like he isn't significant?

I have explained before, I only worked on the players.
    There are other staff in the picture too, not just DM.
    There are also (I believe) a couple of fans too.
    They all count, but the point I was making when I edited the picture was the large change in playing staff.
  • Options
    BP wants ball players throughout the team. Unfortunately, Morrison has an awful first touch and pass. Quality old school defender though, sounds like he's doing well at Brum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

has anyone got that pic of the league 1 champions at carlisle with the departed players greyed out?

Only a loan but....

"And then there were three"image
    Am I the only one really bugged buy this picture because Damian Matthew is still at the club but has been greyed out like he isn't significant?

I have explained before, I only worked on the players.
    There are other staff in the picture too, not just DM.
    There are also (I believe) a couple of fans too.
    They all count, but the point I was making when I edited the picture was the large change in playing staff.
    Fair enough.

• Options
    When you have a leaky defence, I'm not surprised a brick wall like Morrison has been a revelation.

Morrison has been absolutely superb and was my POTY last year. Probably in better hands under Rowett than he would be here. Bit of a shame given that Charlton had him driving season tickets about during his summer off!
  • Options
    seen Morrison play once since his move .. he had a terrific game .. Rowett obviously likes him, if/when he goes he will go with my thanks and best wishes for his future career .. BUT .. not against us.
    Another old boy who's doing well under yet another old boy is Hudson at the Terriers .. he's transformed the team, Powell must love him
  • Options
    Shame for Morro. I think RD has missed a trick with his young player ethos. Morro is hardly a dinosaur is he?
  • Options

seen Morrison play once since his move .. he had a terrific game .. Rowett obviously likes him, if/when he goes he will go with my thanks and best wishes for his future career .. BUT .. not against us.
    Another old boy who's doing well under yet another old boy is Hudson at the Terriers .. he's transformed the team, Powell must love him

Seen him a couple of times for them and he has been immense.
  • Options
    Worries me slightly in that bikey and Ben haim are getting on a bit! Also TBH is only on a one year contract I believe so means we have to be certain to bring in another top class cb in the summer...
  • Options

Worries me slightly in that bikey and Ben haim are getting on a bit! Also TBH is only on a one year contract I believe so means we have to be certain to bring in another top class cb in the summer...

Bikey is only 29
  • Options
    That Gomez geezer supposed to be alright at c/b from what I've heard.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    MrLargo said:

I guess - but they were a league 1 winning team. I think there are certain players - Morrison among them - that deserve an acknowledgement, I'm just not sure what that would be. Players like Poyet we were sorry to see go, but frankly they showed up, played some good games and were gone. With Morrison I feel he played a real part in our success to date. I'd got used to having him around and certainly the few times he didn't play before this season felt we were in trouble. Also, like Kermy, I liked the way his reputation took an upturn after a few games with us after being maligned at other clubs.

Maybe we could send him a card?

(On the other hand maybe the £750,000 or thereabouts will be enough?)
  • Options
    Are Brum likely to have a transfer embargo in Jan?

And if so does him being on loan still allow him to be transferred for a fee?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cblock said:

That Gomez geezer supposed to be alright at c/b from what I've heard.

Getting on a bit though.
  • Options
    If he has a longish amount of time on his deal and they really want him does it mean we can command a decent fee ? Just because he's at Birmingham doesn't mean that they automatically get him - I'm sure a lot of the teams in the division would be interested
  • Options

Bikey is only 29
    And the rest.....
  • Options
    HandG said:

Bikey is only 29
    And the rest.....
    I was surprised when I first saw this as well, it feels like he has been around for ages
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I guess it has been a couple of years now. Think back to Lennie's promotion team.....Thompson, Pender, Shipley, Pearson, Aizlewood, Johns, Curbishley and Flannagan got chopped fairly quickly. Probably only Humphrey, Lee and Gritt lasted well into our 1st Division days. Anyway, good luck to Michael Morrison wherever he ends up....he never let his head drop when the going got tough.
  • Options
    No where near the standards of our two starting CB's, thank's for the memories Morro. But in order to push on we needed better players and we got them.
  • Options
    Football is a brutal business. yesterdays heroes and todays discards - often sad but true.
  • Options

Bikey is only 29
    Reckon he's pulling a Kanu here
  • Options
    Talal said:

Bikey is only 29
    Reckon he's pulling a Kanu here
    Dodgy heart?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!