Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morrison on loan to Birmingham until 31st Dec

Comments

• Options
    AFKA has called it I think
  • Options
    Dissapointed to see him go, as he has been a hero for us being a part of the team that got us out of League 1 and staying up the past two seasons, that being said, how many of us fans would now have him ahead of Bikey or Ben Haim, so i really don't blame him for wanting to go play.

Hopefully this will mean money to pay the wages of a striker on loan till January but im not convinced it will happen still.
  • Options
    ....the suspense of it all
  • Options
    WSS said:

AFKA has called it I think

Stuart O'Keefe?

I hope not.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 5m5 minutes ago

BREAKING: Charlton sign @USMNT international @OguchiOnyewu5 on a free transfer--> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20141031-oguchi-onyewu-2053033.aspx … #cafc
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    American player.....ex Standard Liege
  • Options
    So other than another name to cause BDL sleepless nights, anyone know anything about him?
  • Options
    c R a Z Y
  • Options
    32 year old centreback with some decent sides in his cv according to wiki.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2014
    We have quite a few points to play for before the window opens, I am nervous thinking one of the youngsters may have to fill in a centre back. two positions mature relatively late centre back and centre forward, we saw what happened to Piggott last year.

- Edit - Thats all changed then
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Strange signing, proper journeyman type but is decent enough back up to Bikey & Ben Haim, would rather have had Morrison on the bench though.

Edit: Just seen the bit about him playing for Standard Liege for 5 seasons, make smore sense now.
  • Options
    He sounds better than Morro, on past history. But I don't really know him tbh.
  • Options

Strange signing, proper journeyman type but is decent enough back up to Bikey & Ben Haim, would rather have had Morrison on the bench though.

Edit: Just seen the bit about him playing for Standard Liege for 5 seasons, make smore sense now.

Not sure if someone who has 69 caps for his country can be described as "journeyman".
  • Options
    Bit of an odd move, Onyewu could have been a very good player had it not been for his injuries. Guess if Morro wanted to go and get football then that's understandable and maybe Onyewu feels he has got something to prove.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Not sure if someone who has 69 caps for his country can be described as "journeyman".
    Only played more then 25 times for one of his nine previous clubs is what i meant, not that im criticising him, i liked him as a player, just not convinced his best days are ahead of him.

Pleased he is here with Morrison leaving though, as it means we are not reliant on youth players to step up for another postion.
  • Options
    I guess Onyewu is more willing to be a back-up at this stage of his career than Morrison was. I doubt he'll be any better on the ball which seems to be Peeters main concern with Morrison though.
  • Options
    So which was chicken and which was egg?

My uninformed guess is that OO was lined up at which point MMs name was circulated for a possible move.

But it could be that MM was looking for a move/Rowett made an enquiry so they signed OO to fill the gap
  • Options
    could see the why he would want to go.

i would be madness to let this happen

Sorry Michael sit back down
  • Options

My uninformed guess is that OO was lined up at which point MMs name was circulated for a possible move.

But it could be that MM was looking for a move/Rowett made an enquiry so they signed OO to fill the gap

think you have covered the bases there ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    the old Essex car school is now done to JJ and Wilson.
  • Options
    He has been simply terrific for us .. if this is the end (boo hoo) .. thanks Michael and all the best .. BUT .. not against us
  • Options
    think he played a few games for Shef Wed at the beginning of the year,wonder why they never kept him,i am sure they will let us know why
  • Options
    Seems a bit odd getting rid of one of younger centre halves to replace him with another old one (although a good player still).
  • Options
    doronron said:

think he played a few games for Shef Wed at the beginning of the year,wonder why they never kept him,i am sure they will let us know why

Because he wasn't as good as Llera ;-)
  • Options

Think the second one would make more sense.. Morrisson could do with some game time.. undoubtedly he will be needed second half of the season so this will get him up to speed! This new guy Comes on as cover until Christmas.. how long is his contract?? One year??
  • Options
    Was of the opinion at the end of last year that Morro was one of the best CBs outside the premier league.. I still think that but it seems big bob doesn't think he fits our style of play! Shame as I really rate the guy and he's been key to our resurgence since 2011!
  • Options

Only played more then 25 times for one of his nine previous clubs is what i meant, not that im criticising him, i liked him as a player, just not convinced his best days are ahead of him.

Pleased he is here with Morrison leaving though, as it means we are not reliant on youth players to step up for another postion.
    I know what you mean and torally agree, but we don't need him at his best for us here in the championship. At his peak he had Europes elite sniffing around him, he is never getting to that stage again due to injuries.

Always thought he was a good player and will be interesting to see how this one goes.
  • Options
    has anyone got that pic of the league 1 champions at carlisle with the departed players greyed out?
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Pray and hope that Ben Haim and Bikey stay injury/suspension free until the end of the year. Without Gomez as well at present, this could bite Bob on the arse and could have been avoided.

thought I read Gomez expected back very soon

Back in full training from SLP.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!