Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morrison on loan to Birmingham until 31st Dec

Comments

• Options
    Rowlett - Michael is a player we are looking at, we are in talks to try and see if we can do something, amongst other players. Maybe before tomorrow we will be able to push it over the line.
  • Options
    TO be honest I like Morro as much as the next man but there is a gulf in class between him and Bikey or TBH. Whilst inexperienced, Gomes is also classy.

When he came on against Fulham he tried to knock it long a couple of times and it ended up in the crowd. And as for the goal.....enough said there. I get that he is rusty but he looked cumbersome but if we want to push up the table I just can't see him getting much action.

I truly hope his wages can go towards a striker to go with Igor and maybe another wise centre back. Gomez is in good company back there and has some awesome people to work with which will only be good for his development. Same goes for Terry Thomas and Harry Lennon (who I quite like actually)
  • Options
    Only a 2 month emergency loan according to a Birmingham newspaper
  • Options

Bob is obviously not keen on Morrison so no problem for me that he furthers his career elsewhere. He deserves that. I suspect we already have the cover for Bikey and TBH at the club and Morrisons wages will free up some money for January aquisitions.

The transformation continues.

This!
    Morrison gets first team football and the club picks up some cash plus he is now in the shop window.
    I have always thought part of the plan to move towards break even was to increase revenue from player sales to help pay for running the club.
    Selling the best players weakens our chances but selling players who are on the fringes and are then replaced with academy players makes a lot of sense.
    As for one in, one out? The next three-five games will give us an idea of where we will be end December. We will then see whether "one or two quality signings will be acquired"
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Only a 2 month emergency loan according to a Birmingham newspaper

This will put him in the shop window, He will be sold in January.

• Options
    on OS
  • Options
    “He was not happy because he was not playing and that’s normal because a player should not be happy when he’s not playing," said the Head Coach.

“He’s now got the opportunity to go to Birmingham and play and that’s why I agreed to let him go because, in his mind, it’s important that he plays games so he can express himself.

“Because he was playing nearly every game over the last few yeas it was very hard for him to cope with this situation so that’s why I agreed to let him go on loan..

“Come January we’ll reassess the situation,” added Peeters.

“But, for me, it’s important that if a player wants to go somewhere and play then I won’t hold them back. It’s important that the player is happy.”
  • Options
    fair enough but still think he'll be sold in January.
  • Options
    He'll be gone in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pray and hope that Ben Haim and Bikey stay injury/suspension free until the end of the year. Without Gomez as well at present, this could bite Bob on the arse and could have been avoided.

• Options
    With Gomez not fit (and very inexperienced) we are dangerously short of cover. I have visions of one of our CBs going down in a crumpled heap tomorrow, and the whole crowd wincing...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Huskaris said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Watch Cousins go up for a header, that is no CB material.

He is the target man off of Henderson's kicks.
    I thought he was aiming for Bob! ;-)

I meant to say he doesn't really compete for headers, his height is useful for a flick on, but a CB has to really want the ball and attack it with force which he doesn't really do.
  • Options
    MM has been a good servant of this Club, but sadly his performance against Fulham was an embarrassment. Bob seems like a lovely bloke, but business is business and I am sure that Bob has a plan in place.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Pray and hope that Ben Haim and Bikey stay injury/suspension free until the end of the year. Without Gomez as well at present, this could bite Bob on the arse and could have been avoided.

thought I read Gomez expected back very soon

• Options
    Granpa said:

MM has been a good servant of this Club, but sadly his performance against Fulham was an embarrassment. Bob seems like a lovely bloke, but business is business and I am sure that Bob has a plan in place.

An embarrassment? Do you class Solly's and TBH performance for the first two goals which killed the game an embarrassment as well.

Personally don't think we should have let him go at this time. We have a paper thin squad and an injury or suspension and we could be stuffed. Still wish him well as he's been brilliant for us the past 3 seasons.
  • Options
    It's a pretty good deal really. If Bikey or Ben Haim get injured or suspended he can be recalled within 28 days and in the meantime he'll be getting match-sharp ahead of a possible recall. After that it'll likely be the last we see of him which is very disappointing as I'm a big fan of him and how important he has been to us since our revival. Bob's said he wants the player to be happy etc but I get the feeling he just doesn't really rate Morrison and would be plenty happy to have him off his plate and not have to deal with a former first teamer who isn't playing. If Fulham was the last time we saw Morrison play for Charlton then there's more than enough good memories of him in the shirt to think about
  • Options
    In BBP we trust.
  • Options
    I'm willing to give Bob the benefit of the doubt, as he's earned it up to now. If he doesn't rate him I suppose it might be because Morro hasn't yet learnt to play the ball out from the back calmly as the current guys do very well.

However...I'm also worried that Bob may still underestimate the strength of the squad you need in this league. He 's only managed in leagues with 16 clubs, some of whom are so relatively weak versus the strongest teams that you could start with 9 men and still beat them. ( ok that's a bit strong, but there are some really weak teams in smaller European leagues where you can take risk with youngsters etc) . Then there is the fact that they have a winter break whereas we have our heaviest period of activity then.

If he doesn't rate Morro, so be it, but if he thinks he can get away with youngsters as back up, I fear that might be a serious mistake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think it makes sense. Paper thin squad, even thinner now and no cover at centre back. 28 days is a long time if Bikey or TBH get injured/suspended.
  • Options
    Can see either Lennon or Gomez getting a chance at centre half over the coming weeks.
  • Options
    Lennon has been recalled from loan at Cambridge, gives us an answer.
  • Options
    nailed on now that either Bikey or TBH will either get injured or sent off tomorrow
  • Options
    Lennon is a great player. I'd be happier with him as CH back-up than MM.
  • Options

I'm willing to give Bob the benefit of the doubt, as he's earned it up to now. If he doesn't rate him I suppose it might be because Morro hasn't yet learnt to play the ball out from the back calmly as the current guys do very well.

However...I'm also worried that Bob may still underestimate the strength of the squad you need in this league. He 's only managed in leagues with 16 clubs, some of whom are so relatively weak versus the strongest teams that you could start with 9 men and still beat them. ( ok that's a bit strong, but there are some really weak teams in smaller European leagues where you can take risk with youngsters etc) . Then there is the fact that they have a winter break whereas we have our heaviest period of activity then.

If he doesn't rate Morro, so be it, but if he thinks he can get away with youngsters as back up, I fear that might be a serious mistake.

We have for some time been stopped from playing it out from the back by teams' forwards pressing our CBs. The main tactic now is Henderson booting it to Cousins(or into touch). Lets not pretend that it is sophistication that has seen the back of Morrison.
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial more transfer news on way.....
  • Options
    how exciting, will it be a let down?
  • Options
    Bob's remit is to bring the youth through and keep the costs down, so he's doing what he's being paid to do.

I doubt he'd let Morro go on loan purely without being heavily influenced.

It's these sort of matters that no doubt, caused the friction between Powell and RD.

I doubt Powell would have been "happy" to let Morro go on loan, in the same circumstance.
  • Options

how exciting, will it be a let down?

Probably loaning Bikey out to Smallwall.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!