Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morrison on loan to Birmingham until 31st Dec

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Gomez easily able to step in, Big Bob must see something in Thomas or one of the other youngsters

Hate to say it but reckon its the Pound Signs
    Kipper23 said:

Was at the training ground yesterday and had a chat with Morro. Obviously disappointed not being in the 1st team, but no inkling that he was off to Brum! Doesn't seem sensible as not sure why we would want to strengthen rivals

Are Birmingham really rivals this season... they sit second bottom in the table, think if we sent him on loan there it would be to help Birmingham take points off our promotion rivals
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Gomez easily able to step in, Big Bob must see something in Thomas or one of the other youngsters

Hate to say it but reckon its the Pound Signs
    Kipper23 said:

Was at the training ground yesterday and had a chat with Morro. Obviously disappointed not being in the 1st team, but no inkling that he was off to Brum! Doesn't seem sensible as not sure why we would want to strengthen rivals

Are Birmingham really rivals this season... they sit second bottom in the table, think if we sent him on loan there it would be to help Birmingham take points off our promotion rivals
    Well that's the optimists perspective! What a thin squad we have now though. Igor and Johan won't be fit for this saturday (Johan on the bench) so unless this is about getting someone in who plays a more lacking position then it can't be a good move
  • Options
    No I'm just looking at the League table which never lies... And as BP has already mentioned with Joe Pigott, am sure there will be a 24-hour recall clause should he go on Loan somewhere so should Birmingham suddenly catch us up or should one of our players get injured then we'll be able to recall him.

Combine that with the fact that whilst just sitting on the bench Morrison is losing Match Practice (U21 Football probably wont do it) so should an injury happen then Morrison can just be thrown straight in
  • Options
    At Birmingham, any lack of match fitness and sharpness will quickly be highlighted by their struggling team and leaky defence. Still after 8-0, any score will be an improvement!
  • Options
    Well we have just recalled Harry Lennon from his loan, make of that what you will.
  • Options
    Harry Lennon has been recalled, so it looks like Morros off.
  • Options
    More likely that Lennon has been recalled as he's barely played at Cambridge and the decision is that his development would be better served with the U21s than not playing in league 2.

Not saying the Morro rumour isn't true, but this Pete O'Rourke has got a lot wrong on Twitter before....
  • Options
    Maybe Lennon's been recalled so Morro can go out on loan, therefore freeing up a bit of wage to bring an attacker in.
  • Options
    Morro is too good to be sitting on a bench and is not as good as TBH and Bikey on their current form.

If we can use his wages for a loan in midfield or up top then it makes sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    crazy decision I think, squad is paper thin as it is with little experience
  • Options
    With Lennon coming back I think this might have some legs. If we have a option to call Morro back a loan might be good for him and us.
  • Options
    craigcafc said:

More likely that Lennon has been recalled as he's barely played at Cambridge and the decision is that his development would be better served with the U21s than not playing in league 2.

Not saying the Morro rumour isn't true, but this Pete O'Rourke has got a lot wrong on Twitter before....

He can still play un the U21s if he is out on loan so that isn't a factor.
  • Options
    Sky Sports understands Birmingham are set to complete a loan deal for Charlton defender Michael Morrison today. The 26 year old will be Gary Rowett's first signing as Birmingham manager.
  • Options
    Cue Bikey getting sent off or TBH injured in first five mins tomorrow knowing our present luck :-(
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Sky Sports understands Birmingham are set to complete a loan deal for Charlton defender Michael Morrison today. The 26 year old will be Gary Rowett's first signing as Birmingham manager.

Mistake.
  • Options

Cue Bikey getting sent off or TBH injured in first five mins tomorrow knowing our present luck :-(

You make your own luck. Playing with fire I'd say selling your best back up CB, TBH & Bikey are not unbreakable and they will pick up cards. Morro was our 3rd if not 4th best defender and didn't get a starting place.
  • Options

If there is 24 hour recall then I don't see the harm. Morro needs to be match fit in case we need him. Gomez on the bench will be ok as cover and everyone seems to forget Cousins is really a CH so cover there also. If it allows us to sign a striker then even better.

Not sure cousins was really a CH played there in younger years but was always more of a RB... before moving to midfield...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe Lennon's been recalled so Morro can go out on loan, therefore freeing up a bit of wage to bring an attacker in.

Or that Lennon has only made 3 appearances for Cambridge since august and Bob wants to loan him out to another side where he may get more games under his belt.
  • Options
    Watch Cousins go up for a header, that is no CB material.
  • Options
    A poor decision, still a long way to go in this division and in football you can never know what can happen, we could be giving a end of season rival a player that could benefit them and could hinder us.

If he wants football I bet a lot of league one clubs will be happy to take him for decent money.
  • Options
    We need another striker more than we need a backup CB. I like Morro but trust there is a plan
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Watch Cousins go up for a header, that is no CB material.

He is the target man off of Henderson's kicks.
  • Options
    as long as we have Gomez fit and there is a 24 hour recall then its better for Morro and us,hopefully bringing in a forward from somewhere
  • Options
    Morrison perhaps going, Pigott gone .. are we are back to a few out one in policy to balance the wages account ? .. it is obvious that we need another striker, especially with the frantic Christmas/New Year programme not so far away .. Peeters and the board must know this and are clever enough not to clutch at straws and bring in any old body .. I/we will await events with interest
  • Options
    if he can be recalled i have no problem with it

he does need games
  • Options
    Not sure that one out means one in. Hasn't been the case with other loans.

Also not sure if there would be a 24 hour recall. If Brum are paying his wages I doubt they would agree to that. This not like a youth player going to a lower league club.

But it's not on the OS as yet anyway.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Don't think any of us did.

Big Bob must have some other irons in the fire.

I wonder...

Or is this an opportunity to blood another Charlton youngster ?

depends on whether he has been born yet!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!