Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    Ben18 said:

The godfather of all football management games.

That classic is available to download as freeware these days
    I tried to download it to I-phone. All I got was safari can't download software. Any advice?
  • Options
    Pretty sure Championship Manager ruined any chance I had of getting decent GCSEs. I remember 01/02. The team chants you could get were amazing. I was a bit sad and changed the balance of my speakers so that that the home fans would be louder than the away. I remember Alan Shearer scoring a late winner for me at Spurs and hearing Shearer, Shearer! My favourite game of all time.
  • Options
    I was addicted for years, used to love getting a new CD every Xmas. Haven't played for years now, went to download a demo a few versions ago but all that Steam stuff put me off. If I could just buy a disc and play without signing up for some bullshit I'd probably be all over this new version
  • Options
    I only watch the text when i play, so having each individual stadium background is a must. Even at Scottish 3rd Division level.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Ben18 said:

I tried to download it to I-phone. All I got was safari can't download software. Any advice?
    It's the PC/Mac version so won't work on a phone.

You could try FM14 Handheld

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-manager-handheld/id599937501?mt=8
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I was addicted for years, used to love getting a new CD every Xmas. Haven't played for years now, went to download a demo a few versions ago but all that Steam stuff put me off. If I could just buy a disc and play without signing up for some bullshit I'd probably be all over this new version

I remember the first Steam version and it really annoyed me.

But just one of those things which means you got to roll with the times for the greater good mate.

Download the last game through Steam to see what you think, you won't regret it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cabbles said:

Ben18 said:

It's the PC/Mac version so won't work on a phone.

You could try FM14 Handheld

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-manager-handheld/id599937501?mt=8
    That's a shame. I downloaded the FM14 but fancied a trip down memory lane when it was easier to buy, pick a team and the tactics were simple
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I recently dusted off FM13 (didn't buy last season's one) and took over at Standard Liege. Finished 2nd in my first season with Adjarevic (since sold) and Buyens playing most games and Reza (trying to sell him now but no takers) a fair few as well. Lost the cup final to Anderlecht after being reduced to nine men but pipped them to the league by a point on the last day in my second season after a pretty big overhaul of the squad and Buyens playing a fair few games again - although I've now sold him. I sold Bulot to Olympiakos and he has developed into a pretty decent player. Thuram never got a look in. I've just won the Super Cup at the start of my third season but RD has reduced by transfer budget to £250k despite my successes so far. I have to say the network is working wonders for me with development of my own players ready the first team on their return. RD has just announced a link up with PSG and a certain Mr Bahebeck is in their youth team.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I understand those that dont play games much don't like the steam integretion. But Valve (the company who developed steam) are a fantastic company and regularly do absolute bargain deals on other games as well as giving a platform for indie developers to sell their games. Just this weekend i bought crusader kings 2 (i know, but im a sucker for those kind of games!) and have since sunk hours of my evenings into it. I dont know what my missus is going to think when she comes back at the weekend...

fm05 was brilliant, that AC Milan side... I got charlton to win the prem with Carlton Cole as the big man up front and Freddy Adu alongside him. That was also the game that wingers with high dribbling and pace were ridiculously overpowered and i had rommedahl ripping everyone a new one on the right whilst i had a left winger i signed from Lewes with rubbish stats except he had 17 dribbling and 18 pace and acceleration and tore up the prem. I remember CM 04 and having an epic Juventus side as well. FM08 was a good one as well.
  • Options
    What computers do Lifers have?

Always seems so slow on my laptop :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I play on a desktop with bucketloads of ram and an SSD and it still takes its time
  • Options

I play on a desktop with bucketloads of ram and an SSD and it still takes its time

How much do you have loaded then
    I have just an average laptop

I load English down to Blue Square North and South
    and top divisions in Blegium, France, Spain, Germany and Italy
    and the database is large

and that runs about ok
  • Options
    edited October 2014

How much do you have loaded then
    I have just an average laptop

I load English down to Blue Square North and South
    and top divisions in Blegium, France, Spain, Germany and Italy
    and the database is large

and that runs about ok
    What are you running that on?

Edit: Didn't see the laptop comment.
  • Options

what are your specs?
  • Options

what are your specs?
    They're just Ralph ones, didn't go to Specsavers in the end.
  • Options
    I usually run it with the same leagues as Paulie (except for Belgium) and large database and don't really have issues with it. The odd 15 sec processing, but other than that, all fine.

Play on desktop with 16g ram with Intel core quad Q6600 CPU. A bit outdated now, but still runs most games fine............
  • Options

I usually run it with the same leagues as Paulie (except for Belgium) and large database and don't really have issues with it. The odd 15 sec processing, but other than that, all fine.

Play on desktop with 16g ram with Intel core quad Q6600 CPU. A bit outdated now, but still runs most games fine............

Only started using Belgium since January lol the things a takeover can change in your life :-)
  • Options
    Can't dedicate myself to this at all so I have to download the Handheld version on my iPad, currently playing FMH 2013 as Portsmouth, it's 2026 & I've managed Spurs - got sacked, Arsenal - resigned & now Pompey who were in the Conference when I took over, now in L1 after 2 promotions in 3 seasons
  • Options
    They'll never be as good or time consuming ad the old Championship Managers, but I still love to play them! Great detail goes into these games and it's nice to see for yourself what wonderkids are coming through the ranks.

Always have to start at Charlton, that's where you learn they've made it even harder than the year before and you get sacked.
  • Options
    any charlton youngsters with much better stats this year @Scoham‌ ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They'll never be as good or time consuming ad the old Championship Managers, but I still love to play them! Great detail goes into these games and it's nice to see for yourself what wonderkids are coming through the ranks.

Always have to start at Charlton, that's where you learn they've made it even harder than the year before and you get sacked.

I dunno
    maybe you will actually get some money as Charlton this year
  • Options

I dunno
    maybe you will actually get some money as Charlton this year
    Hopefully!!!! It's always the difficult part of finding a formation and tactic that works on the newer version to start with
  • Options
    beta version is available.

Some one get it quick and screenshot of our players stats!

:)
  • Options
    Yeah I've pre-ordered it I'm installing it now. Will screenshot Igor, Gud, Cousins, Gomez etc
  • Options
    bloody hell, low determination for Joe Gomez! Better get him tutored by bikey asap.

Bikey... what an absolute beast!
  • Options

any charlton youngsters with much better stats this year @Scoham‌ ?

Well you can see for yourself now but I'm happy where they are, Gomez in and around the first team, Ahearne-Grant one of the best u21 players, plenty of others with first team potential.

Gomez's determination is random.

We do start with some money this time as we know we were after Delort and later on a couple of other players.
  • Options
    Any idea how much exactly? :-)
  • Options
    I got 2 million