Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    agim said:

Never been into FM but thinking about getting this. Just moved out with my girlfriend and there's an ' xbox situation '. Basically I need something to do whilst she watches one born every minute, the X factor and all that shit.
    Couple of questions:
    1) Is there a lot of focus on training methods etc because I've heard you spend the majority of time tinker with stuff like that.
    2) what's it like for realism?
    3) where can I get it cheapest

Cheers

1) You can set it so your assistant manager takes control of training (and other things such as press conferences). There is also 'classic mode' which is a cut down version of the game which is quicker and simpler to play.

2) Easily the most realistic football management game around.

3) Seems to be here: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2015-pc-mac-cd-key-steam

You can get 5% off your first order by liking their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom/app_393344207416996
  • Options
    I'm currently playing FM 14. Can't even find Vetokele or Bikey in the game!
  • Options

You probably need Danish and Greek leagues open
  • Options

Add them in via the FM Editor, which can be downloaded from steam for free
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Add them in via the FM Editor, which can be downloaded from steam for free
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Is there also a possibility to get more money so I can sign some decent players?
  • Options
    I just took the plunge and bought it for £20. Won't be playing it til the new year, when they do their usual Jan fix.

Thought i'd start downloading it and maybe leave the pc on overnight. To my shock, it downloaded in under 5 mins image...............
  • Options
    20 quid and 5 mins to download meant there was no chance me leaving the house for bread yesterday for toast this morning, mrs not happy, it has begun.

Back to work Monday so got to get stuck in, really impressed with the easier layout and better gameplay graphics.

Started as Aberdeen, no real financial clout (sell to buy), need cheap players, good youth system (for SPL). I signed Eidur Gudjonhnsen, 35, class is permanent....... for the last 30 mins of a game.

Alot of injuries though and I don't push the team in training. Mind you the physio and fitness coaches are crap which doesn't help.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Finally started one with Charlton and I'm loving it. Unbeaten after a handful of games and would be top if I'd not conceded a last minute equaliser in my last game. I think I'm about 5th at the moment.

It's such a tactical game this year but I've found the key is to build the team around each player's strengths and their best position.

I've gone for a 4-2-3-1 wide with the following when all fit:

Henderson

Solly
    TBH
    Bikey
    Wiggins

Buyens
    Jackson

JBG
    Mason (on loan from Spurs)
    Bulot

Vetokele

Cousins has deputised a lot for Buyens though and so has Gomez for Solly and Moussa for Mason. Harriott is pretty useful off the bench or in cup games on either wing and is actually my joint top scorer with Igor!

Signings wise I've also got De Sart on loan from Liege but he's been injured since day one. Signed Diarra on a free but can only play him off the bench as his stamina is awful. Also have a young kid on loan from Ajax but can't remember his name, Nouri I think it is. Looks useful. Signed Boyata and Fofana on permanent deals from City, both really young and cheap and I hope they'll develop!

Sold Wilson to Wednesday for 500k as he just doesn't fit into that formation. Can't seem to flog Church!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't seem to flog Church!

You need a bigger stick...........
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I clearly dont understand the game
    as I am not playing attacking
    I am using a standard formation
    got my best defenders playing

and have still conceded 13 goals in 3 games
  • Options

Finally started one with Charlton and I'm loving it. Unbeaten after a handful of games and would be top if I'd not conceded a last minute equaliser in my last game. I think I'm about 5th at the moment.

It's such a tactical game this year but I've found the key is to build the team around each player's strengths and their best position.

Henderson

Solly
    TBH
    Bikey
    Wiggins

Buyens
    Jackson

JBG
    Bulot

Vetokele

Cousins has deputised a lot for Buyens though and so has Gomez for Solly and Moussa for Mason. Harriott is pretty useful off the bench or in cup games on either wing and is actually my joint top scorer with Igor!

Signings wise I've also got De Sart on loan from Liege but he's been injured since day one. Signed Diarra on a free but can only play him off the bench as his stamina is awful. Also have a young kid on loan from Ajax but can't remember his name, Nouri I think it is. Looks useful. Signed Boyata and Fofana on permanent deals from City, both really young and cheap and I hope they'll develop!

Sold Wilson to Wednesday for 500k as he just doesn't fit into that formation. Can't seem to flog Church!

Peterborough should come in for Church if you offer him around for £250k.

Mind you, I kept an eye on him at Peterborough in his first and second season and he actually did pretty well.
  • Options
    I find it ironic that the main focus of the game is you, the manager, yet when in the game, where's the manager on the sideline/bench?

Would be nice to see a little man in a suit going mental in the technical area.............
  • Options

Henderson

Solly
    TBH
    Bikey
    Wiggins

Buyens
    Jackson

JBG
    Bulot

Vetokele

Peterborough should come in for Church if you offer him around for £250k.

Mind you, I kept an eye on him at Peterborough in his first and second season and he actually did pretty well.
    He's actually not too badly rated on there but I want a decent backup for Igor.
  • Options
    If anyone still hasn't bought this it's £16 on Southport's website:

http://www.southportfc.net/news/details.php?news_id=11036#news
  • Options
    I keep conceding late goals. Any advice?
  • Options

Dont put Gary Doherty on to see the game out.
  • Options

Retain possession and slow the tempo of the game down?

I was conceding a lot from corners but I think I have the hang of it now.

Strange I started really poorly with Southampton but am finally starting to pick up now.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the best out of an Inside Forward? Iv'e never been keen on them but Iv'e signed Memphis Depay from PSV.
  • Options
    What I would suggest to those who are stuggling is to pay attention to specific player roles and build your system around them.

A 4-star striker might well be 4-star as a target man, but might only be 2-star in a poachers role.

I actually find playing a defensive formation with counter attack actually more attack minded than an attacking formation. Slow tempo with short passing........

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished the first season, finished 8th, just one win off the play-offs. Gudmundsson was top scorer with 18 goals from midfield.
  • Options
    Getting a decent run together now. I'd agree player roles are so important on the game. It's also good to get the defence pushing higher up the pitch as long as your centre backs aren't very slow.

Told Depay to Roam from his position and that seems to have done the trick if anyone else struggles to get the best out of an inside forward.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Getting a decent run together now. I'd agree player roles are so important on the game. It's also good to get the defence pushing higher up the pitch as long as your centre backs aren't very slow.

Told Depay to Roam from his position and that seems to have done the trick if anyone else struggles to get the best out of an inside forward.

Would love to play a high line but I doubt Bikey and Ben Haim are up to it.
    Scoham said:

Just finished the first season, finished 8th, just one win off the play-offs. Gudmundsson was top scorer with 18 goals from midfield.

Sitting just outside the playoffs myself. How did you get the best out of Gudmundsson? I've found with Igor, it's best to set him as a poacher and get low crosses over to him.
  • Options
    Gomez will be your best defender pretty soon I'd imagine, once he was in the team I pushed the defence up a bit.
  • Options

Gomez will be your best defender pretty soon I'd imagine, once he was in the team I pushed the defence up a bit.

I've been slowly breaking him into the team at CB and RB. Ben Haim is out of contract at the end of the season so I'll make the change then.
  • Options

I've been slowly breaking him into the team at CB and RB. Ben Haim is out of contract at the end of the season so I'll make the change then.
    first thing I did was offer him and new contract
  • Options
    just downloaded the demo... like that i have to repeatedly scout a player before decieding if he's good enough for my plans. New interface is nice... i like!
  • Options

Gomez or Ben Haim?
  • Options
    Just signed Trotta on loan from Fulham.
  • Options

Gomez or Ben Haim?
    TBH