Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    Playing my FM drinking game, I don't quit know who I am anymore.
  • Options
    My sister preordered mine and it was meant to be here yesterday but still hasn't turned up! Pissed off tbh
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

My sister preordered mine and it was meant to be here yesterday but still hasn't turned up! Pissed off tbh

Women!
  • Options
    Stupid question this but how do I search/filter to look for players? Like available for loan or transfers etc?
  • Options
    Also got mason on loan from spurs but he's pulled his hamstring pre season and out for 3 months. How do I cancel his loan? Can't see it anywhere
  • Options
    It comes under scouting now.
  • Options
    Finished the season scraping 6th place on the final day. Need to beat Derby over two legs to get to the final though.

Managed to get Poyet back on loan in January and picked up Cook on the cheap from Bornemouth.
  • Options
    Just beat Coventry 3-2 in the cup 2nd round after being 2-0 down with a weakened team. Drew 1-1 opening day with brentford . Wigan next!
  • Options
    Beat Derby and then Huddersfield in the Play-off final.

Had a right dodgy spell in the second half of the season where we were conceding far too much but eventually sorted that out.

Play Igor as target man with an attack duty alongside a deep lying forward to get the best out of him. He finished on 28 goals in all competitions.
  • Options
    Just lost 2-6 to middlesboro ugh. Not doing very well. All my strikers injured bar one. Currently 16th and frustrated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do I end loans? Anyone know? I can't find it
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

cafc4life said:

Women!
    Where?!
  • Options
    I seem to be getting a lot of injuries now the full game has been released, is this a coincidence?
  • Options
    I don't think they've really changed injuries, it could be bad luck and/or your tactics, training, playing tired players etc.
  • Options
    Anyone got any tactics that work for charlton. Cos mine are shite
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I don't think they've really changed injuries, it could be bad luck and/or your tactics, training, playing tired players etc.

I've found on previous versions that agressive attacking play will result in injuries, as will over training the squad.

I've just started a game with the other CAFC, Crewe, with a plan to make it to the Premier League with mostly academy players.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Ok thanks, I reckon it was just bad luck, didn't have many injuries at all first season.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just beat Millwall 3-0 home. Unfortunately it wasn't very believable with Church scoring twice (Vetokele is out injured)...

On tactics I've tried recreating Bob's system.

4-4-2 Formation

Mentality Counter (Control when I want to attack more, others used when desperate for a goal/to hold onto a lead).

Team Shape Structured - there's a clear focus on shape/organisation and players know their jobs.

Team Instructions:
    Shorter passing and play out of defence - obvious really, we want to play a passing game
    Close down less - Bob talks a lot about shape and you can see we focus on that rather than heavy pressing
    Tighter marking - not a must but always feels like I do better when using it
    Higher tempo - counter mentality and shorter passing will generally mean a low tempo, this is to avoid it being too slow. Might be worth trying out much higher tempo at times.
    More expressive - while we are organised, players across the team create chances rather than rely on a playmaker. Players more likely to take on each others roles, e.g. Vetokele dropping deep and challenging for headers or Buyens occasionally getting forward, defenders shooting from long range.

GK - standard GK, not tried sweeper keeper. Pass it shorter and take short kicks as player instructions to help build from the back.

FB or WB Support/Attack - not fully decided on full backs or wing backs but I switch between support and attack (and occasionally defend) depending on the situation

Ball Playing Defender Defend- player instruction dribble more (this doesn't seem to do a great deal)
    Ball Playing Defender Defend - as above, have also tried one as a standard CB

Wide Widfielder Attack x 2 - player instructions: shoot more often, dribble more, roam from position, sit narrower, cut inside with ball, cross less often. Along with playing left footers on the right and right footers on the left the instructions encourage them to drift inside making space for the full backs and also cut inside to take shots from long range. Don't necessarily need all instructions set but it seems to work well enough.

Deep-Lying Playmaker Defend - Buyens role, with this role he'll drop deep to start attacks. Change to support if pushing for a goal.
    Central Midfielder Support - Jackson's role, holds his position defensively but is more likely to get forward when attacking.

Deep-Lying Forward Support - Tucudean's role, the striker expected to hold up the ball, link the play as well as get a few goals himself. A more creative role than a Target Man.
    Advanced Forward Attack - Vetokele's role, looks to run at defences and get in behind, the main goal threat up front. Gives him more freedom to get involved outside the box than if he was just set as a Poacher.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And how is that working for you Scoham?

How many games played? fixtures following our own? League position?

So many questions going unanswered image
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ended up winning promotion in the first season. I'll put the tactics up when I get some time over the next couple of days.
  • Options

And how is that working for you Scoham?

How many games played? fixtures following our own? League position?

So many questions going unanswered image

I'm 15th after beating Millwall in the first season (so 18 games played), but only 5 points off 6th.
  • Options
    There's now an official download on Steam Workshop to add Martin Odegaard to the game (the 15 year old Norway international) after his dad gave SI permission...

• Options
    Started one with Crewe, loaned in Joe Pigott after Charlton signed Theo Robinson for about £250k. Bored of that game already though and am going to start a new one with Athletic Bilbao tonight for a bit of a challenge (Basque players only).
  • Options
    Started up with Coventry City, predicted to finish 12th. After 20 games I'm sitting 3rd and 3 points off of top spot, had a good run with 4 losses.

There are a few familiar faces in the team...............Franck Nouble and Marcus Tudgay..........
  • Options
    Never been into FM but thinking about getting this. Just moved out with my girlfriend and there's an ' xbox situation '. Basically I need something to do whilst she watches one born every minute, the X factor and all that shit.
    Couple of questions:
    1) Is there a lot of focus on training methods etc because I've heard you spend the majority of time tinker with stuff like that.
    2) what's it like for realism?
    3) where can I get it cheapest

Cheers
  • Options
    Any good formations / tactics anyone is using?
  • Options
    I'm using 4-4-2 with short passing, focus on the wings, pressing, and closing the keeper down. Play with a deep lying forward, and an attacking forward/poacher
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Just beat Millwall 3-0 home. Unfortunately it wasn't very believable with Church scoring twice (Vetokele is out injured)...

On tactics I've tried recreating Bob's system.

4-4-2 Formation

Mentality Counter (Control when I want to attack more, others used when desperate for a goal/to hold onto a lead).

Team Shape Structured - there's a clear focus on shape/organisation and players know their jobs.

Team Instructions:
    Shorter passing and play out of defence - obvious really, we want to play a passing game
    Close down less - Bob talks a lot about shape and you can see we focus on that rather than heavy pressing
    Tighter marking - not a must but always feels like I do better when using it
    Higher tempo - counter mentality and shorter passing will generally mean a low tempo, this is to avoid it being too slow. Might be worth trying out much higher tempo at times.
    More expressive - while we are organised, players across the team create chances rather than rely on a playmaker. Players more likely to take on each others roles, e.g. Vetokele dropping deep and challenging for headers or Buyens occasionally getting forward, defenders shooting from long range.

GK - standard GK, not tried sweeper keeper. Pass it shorter and take short kicks as player instructions to help build from the back.

FB or WB Support/Attack - not fully decided on full backs or wing backs but I switch between support and attack (and occasionally defend) depending on the situation

Ball Playing Defender Defend- player instruction dribble more (this doesn't seem to do a great deal)
    Ball Playing Defender Defend - as above, have also tried one as a standard CB

Wide Widfielder Attack x 2 - player instructions: shoot more often, dribble more, roam from position, sit narrower, cut inside with ball, cross less often. Along with playing left footers on the right and right footers on the left the instructions encourage them to drift inside making space for the full backs and also cut inside to take shots from long range. Don't necessarily need all instructions set but it seems to work well enough.

Deep-Lying Playmaker Defend - Buyens role, with this role he'll drop deep to start attacks. Change to support if pushing for a goal.
    Central Midfielder Support - Jackson's role, holds his position defensively but is more likely to get forward when attacking.

Deep-Lying Forward Support - Tucudean's role, the striker expected to hold up the ball, link the play as well as get a few goals himself. A more creative role than a Target Man.
    Advanced Forward Attack - Vetokele's role, looks to run at defences and get in behind, the main goal threat up front. Gives him more freedom to get involved outside the box than if he was just set as a Poacher.

Cheers Scoham, one thing, I can't find team instructions anywhere on the tactics screen?
  • Options
    Played 4-2-2-2 with mentality set as control, team shape fluid and team instructions set as shorter passing and pass the ball into the box.

The only player instructions I had was for JBG and Bulot to close down more, mark tighter and swap with each other.

Wiggins: Complete wing back.
    Both Centre backs set as Central Defender (Defend)
    Solly: Full back support
    Jackson : Box to box
    Buyens: Central Midfielder (Defend)
    Bulot: LW Winger (support)
    JBG: RW Advanced playmaker (Support)
    Kermorgant Deep lying forward (Support)
    Vetokele: Target man (Attack) (As weird as it sounds it worked very well. Finished the season on 28 goals.

You can pick up Steve Cook from Bournemouth in January for about 400,000.