Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bye bye Reza? (he didn't Ku-wait around long...)

Comments

• Options
    According to I'm guessing Kuwait press Reza is returning in January, whether that'll be to play or be sold I don't know. I saw somewhere that he refused to play with Ben Haim... Whether that's true or not I don't know.
  • Options
    Harry, way to start a rumour. People will now start arguing that load of old tosh.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Here's a link too... http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/12/21/391272/irans-gucci-to-rejoin-charlton/

Iranian footballer Reza Ghoochannejhad is expected to return to English club Charlton Athletic as he will no longer be used by al-Kuwait.

In a statement on Sunday, the Kuwaiti club announced plans to replace the Iranian forward with Rogério de Assis, a Brazilian who has ended his loan spell in Saudi club al-Shabab and is supposed to return to the Kuwaiti outfit.

The 27-year old, known as Gucci, has scored 11 goals in 10 matches since joining the Kuwaiti club in January 2014 on a season-long loan deal from Charlton.

Born in Iranian city of Mashhad, Ghoochannejhad played for Dutch under-19 national team between 2003 and 2007.

In 2012, Gucci decided to represent Iran in senior football.

He scored the winning goal against South Korea which led to Iran’s qualification for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He also scored Iran’s sole goal in the 3-1 defeat against Bosnia Herzegovina in the international tournament.

Crazy that they want to get rid of him after that scoring record... What more do the club and fans want?
  • Options
    Personally I'm happy he'll return. Where Callum is he'll be a lot more dangerous. As for people saying he didn't do anything for the team, what rubbish. Against Bolton he constantly shut down their main outlet - Alan Hutton - and was always offering support to Church. I know many fans can only asses what's in the Sun goals section, but to say he wasn't working hard at the end is an absolute fallacy.
  • Options
    Bring him back and give him a go.
  • Options
    Is he actually a Charlton player?
  • Options
    Constant diver, too lightweight, one of the many poor signings last January.
    The only one we need back is Astrit Ajdarevic!
    If Reza was to come back shows no ambition on our part to make decent signings
    Just a money saver.
  • Options
    We love a hard working but useless player at the valley, that's probably why Reza was disliked by many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

We love a hard working but useless player at the valley, that's probably why Reza was disliked by many.

Yep, give me lazy and useless over hard-working and useless any day of the week.
    Reza is 100x the technical player that Church is.
  • Options

Reza would be a much better option in the position Harriott is currently occupying....and with 11 goals in 10 matches he's bang in form (whatever the standard is out there)

As I said about Ched Evans, the only issue Reza may have coming back to the English League is that his fitness may not be as good (I guess the Kuwait League is slower than here), if he has maintained a Championship level of fitness though he should be fine seeing that I'm sure the goals are the same size and in the same position as there to here
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Yep, give me lazy and useless over hard-working and useless any day of the week.
    Reza is 100x the technical player that Church is.
    Agreed, absolutely no doubt that Reza can do more keepy uppies, flicks and tricks than Church. That's not much use on the pitch though, particularly in a physical league like the English Championship. Reza comes across as the sort of player who looks a bit special down at Power League on a Thursday night, but you just know that when he plays on a Sunday morning he plays on his own, constantly losing possession rather than passing to a team mate and never bothering to chase back when he (or one of his team mates) has lost the ball.
  • Options
    With him not having one eye on the world cup he might be a different player for us as i am sure he was just trying to avoid injury. He did hit the woodwork a fair few times last season so he had an eye for shooting. But i do worry about him being lightweight and his inability to stay on his feet. but i thought he looked quite good at the World Cup and compared to what we have (Vetokele aside) I would welcome him back if he had the right attitude.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to give him a go for a few games IF no-one else is coming in immediately. I mean, what have we to lose?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I can't believe i'm seeing some of these comments. Were we watching the same games?

I remember Reza running around like a big issue seller - he'd be where nobody wants him. He never made any runs, constantly gave the ball away, managed to win 0 headers and couldn't score in a brothel with a coupon.

If he comes back in Jan, I think you'll realise your memory has rather fooled you.

Except at Leeds

Yes we get it Nick you don't rate him. Jeez give the guy a chance when he doesn't have the weight of Iran counting on him!

• Options
    N
  • Options
    Quality of player has improved since him Big Issue days... With Igor up from and Gudmundsson providing the assists they'd hopefully all be on the same wave length
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So he's not good enough for a club in the arse end of nowhere so we have to take him back. Great. I think we can kiss goodbye to RD bringing in a half-decent centre forward in January. Reza and / or Tony Watt it is.
  • Options

According to I'm guessing Kuwait press Reza is returning in January, whether that'll be to play or be sold I don't know. I saw somewhere that he refused to play with Ben Haim... Whether that's true or not I don't know.

Don't know much do you? ;-)
  • Options
    Do we really want someone who admitted upon joining us he wanted to leave? The dribbling our fans and club did over him scoring in the WC was pathetic. He was a Charlton player in only one form, officially.. There was proof he wanted to leave us from the off, and I was posting this soon after he joined... he has had a pathetic attitude, warming up to the WC or not, surely you want to play at the highest level before that.

Not for me, he has talent but he's a headless chicken with a poor attitude.
  • Options
    Whether he's good enough is irrelevant, does he want to be here?

If he does he might have something to offer, though we'll still need to bring in a target man.
  • Options
    - Gets dream move to Kuwait
    - Scores 11 in 10 games
    - Deemed to have not worked out

Bit weird innit?
  • Options

Harry, way to start a rumour. People will now start arguing that load of old tosh.

I didn't start it, saw it posted somewhere and it makes sense.
  • Options
    the other side of this is that if he comes back we have to pay his wages. I presume that some or all of them were being covered by his loan club.

I heard that we'd expected to get a substantial fee in the summer but that deal fell through so we loaned him instead.

Now we have him back, no fee and his wages to pay.

So for me it's not so much is he a good fit for what we need (on last season's evidence not, on the world cup performances maybe) but that money could have gone on paying the wages of a Prem loan player and that fee might have bought someone else.

Bumpy ride.

• Options

The dribbling our fans and club did over him scoring in the WC was pathetic.

Have you been on the Yann Kermorgant thread ;)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

So he's not good enough for a club in the arse end of nowhere so we have to take him back. Great. I think we can kiss goodbye to RD bringing in a half-decent centre forward in January. Reza and / or Tony Watt it is.

Reza's not good enough for a club where he scored 11 goals in 10 matches?

And obviously not good enough to score in the World Cup finals and play every game for his country?

He might not be a good fit for Charlton, but there's no doubt he's a decent player.

Iranian footballer Reza Ghoochannejhad is expected to return to English club Charlton Athletic as he will no longer be used by al-Kuwait.

In a statement on Sunday, the Kuwaiti club announced plans to replace the Iranian forward with Rogério de Assis