Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bye bye Reza? (he didn't Ku-wait around long...)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Does anyone have a friend who works in their office who has seen Kuwait Club play?

I saw them against barca a few years ago. Not very good, certainly not on a par witj other leading Middle East clubs, but I think they are being bankrolled now so lots of changes
  • Options
    Can't wait for him to get back and have many fruitful years with us...
  • Options
    Do you work Pauline?
  • Options
    Season-long loan? What a waste.

Hopefully we got a good fee for it, but would've preferred selling him on for £1 or 2 million.
  • Options
    Only a loan? Hardly solves the issue of having a player who doesn't want to play for us. Still, there's money in Kuwait so we might have received a decent loan fee. I did enjoy this on the OS: 'Ghoochannejhad’s most memorable moment in a Charlton shirt came in the 1-0 win at Leeds United'. Particularly memorable as it's the only thing of note he ever did in a Charlton shirt.

Reza never showed enough to make me feel anything about the fact he's moved on. The bloke who has to re-paint the woodwork must be delighted though.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Obviously had some skill, but for most of the time looked out of his depth in a physical league like the Championship. I expect him to do better in a league that's not populated with norther oafs. I was very excited when he scored in the World Cup, but that was then and this is now. All the best to you, don't worry about us we'll find someone more suited to a league that's a bit of a battle.
  • Options
    I assume it's loan as we couldn't agree a fee, would assume if he does well it will be a permanent signing by the end of the season.

We will never see him again
  • Options
    Disappointed that it's only a loan. That doesn't seem to make much sense unless RD is gambling on his value going up due to more exposure in the middle-east.
  • Options
    We was just a springboard for his big money move to Kuwait.
  • Options

Season-long loan? What a waste.

Hopefully we got a good fee for it, but would've preferred selling him on for £1 or 2 million.

£1 or £2 million would have been great, but to command that sort of fee we would be solely dependent on someone deciding to make a sequel to "Brewster's Millions".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Piotr Parzyszek is also currently on a season-long loan at Sint-Truiden after international clearance was received on Friday afternoon which allow him to complete the move.

The Poland U21 international scored two goals on his debut for the club on Saturday evening in their 3-0 victory over Royal Excelsior Virton in the opening round of the Belgacom League. "
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140806-reza-loaned-to-kuwait-1807335.aspx#tByFhdX2hDHGiJiu.99
  • Options
    A loan fee would be right up Roland's street. Get him off the wage bill, bring in an additional fee from Kuwait and he's still tied in to the network until 2018.
  • Options

A loan fee would be right up Roland's street. Get him off the wage bill, bring in an additional fee from Kuwait and he's still tied in to the network until 2018.

I believe its only till 2016
    it was a 2 and a half year deal he signed
  • Options
    With the exception of the important Leeds goal, he was a waste of space.
    Not good enough for the Championship and his lack of upper body strength was highlighted by endless diving.
  • Options

"Piotr Parzyszek is also currently on a season-long loan at Sint-Truiden after international clearance was received on Friday afternoon which allow him to complete the move.

The Poland U21 international scored two goals on his debut for the club on Saturday evening in their 3-0 victory over Royal Excelsior Virton in the opening round of the Belgacom League. "
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140806-reza-loaned-to-kuwait-1807335.aspx#tByFhdX2hDHGiJiu.99

is this the first bit of official confirmation about polish pete? Seems like the club are trying to sweep him under the carpet..
  • Options
    So in PP and Reza, we get to pay big fees for shit players and then just loan them out?
    Yeah, that's a new model that sounds like it's got success written all over it.
    What mugs next?
  • Options
    A perm transfer would have been preferable because I imagine his transfer value will have gone down in a year's time due to his playing in an inferior league and less time to run on his contract.

However, IF we got a good loan fee, and IF they are picking up 100% of his wages, not a bad outcome given that he probably wouldn't have been in the starting 11 very often.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

So in PP and Reza, we get to pay big fees for shit players and then just loan them out?
    What mugs next?

I doubt we paid any fee for Reza. PP was a mistake and clearly they've realised good Championship strikers will cost even more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fumbluff said:

What mugs next?

PP is 20 and has his whole future ahead of him, he will come back and be a great player
    PP's future is behind him :)
  • Options

I believe its only till 2016
    it was a 2 and a half year deal he signed
    Signed January 2014, He now has 2 full years left.
    So he'll (technically though not physically) be here until the end of next season (15/16 season) unless he is sold on a perm deal elsewhere.
  • Options
    Appeared to have the skill but not the appetite for our current level. Maybe his biggest contribution will be helping fund Delort.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Appeared to have the skill but not the appetite for our current level. Maybe his biggest contribution will be helping fund Delort.

Bang on.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC
    @CAFCofficial
    Bob Peeters: "It was Reza's decision to leave. He told us that, after the World Cup, he wanted to go to another country and that was Kuwait"
    Aug. 6, 2014

Retweet
    Favorite

Charlton Athletic FC
    @CAFCofficial
    Bob Peeters: "If a player wants to leave then it makes it difficult because their mind is already weak from wanting a transfer." #cafc
    Aug. 6, 2014

Retweet
    Favorite

Charlton Athletic FC
    @CAFCofficial
    BP: "Because Reza has left we may now look to see if we can bring in a replacement and see who is available." #cafc
  • Options

vindicates CP somewhat - new owner comes in , sells best forward (Kermy) and the recruits 2 unknowns who within 6 months are shipped off elsewhere . I just hope RD et al have made better judgements on the purchases of Trucedean, Vetoleke, Gudmunsson etc etc.

Lots of people getting very excited about players coming in with a good season behind them at a lower level and a well edited highlights reel on youtube.
  • Options
    delusions of grandeur springs to mind with this guy!!!
  • Options
    Typical - just as I finally learned how to pronounce his name.
  • Options
    No point in having players who don't want to play for us