Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options

Oh no ...Absurdistan has flagged my post because he knows lol, but I'm still waiting for Caly to reply.

Don't worry Absurdistan has a form of flagging torrets .
    You're not a real CL member until you've been flagged by Absurdistan
  • Options
    Seems to.me that the weds chairman/owner is acting in a way loads want Rd to.

Yet the underlying comments away from digging out op are that it could end in tears

That should be a warning to.all those wanting Rd to go for instant results

op the only thing you.guys need to.fear is that you as a club may fall foul and end in more trouble than you ever have faced if the bloke walks away if it didn't work

Until.then enjoy it I.say
  • Options
    quite right NLA.....nail on head.

enjoy it why it lasts/turns into do-do. i prefer to instead fret and worry about what could go wrong but i guess thats the outlook of a charlton supporter. does make the victorys and positives all the better when they do happen though.

i reckon OP is alright, it is nice to have people from other clubs regularly posting on ere. alright he sticks to his guns on his team, but what is wrong with that, it is admirable. if he riles you with his partizan support of MASSIVES then just ignore him. or give it back on the Wednesday being total rubbish but dont call him out personally.
  • Options

Nearly four times more than Charlton ! You really must be massive. Sounds a ridiculous sum to me for a second division team. With an ancient stadium and team that needs complete rebuilding. I'm even more convinced this will end in tears.

Why will it?

Mammadov bought RC Lens when in the French second division, he said he had a 4 year plan to return them to the top flight.....it happened in one season, his first season there but he now wants to push on and targets a CL spot for them, we all know this is possible in the french leagues as it's not as strong as ours.

His burning desire was to find an old traditional club in England and take them back to past glories i.e playing in the top League and once established there pushing on, Once he saw Wednesday, the history and the ground he was sold, Milan is to stay on in some capacity, perhaps as club president etc, the guy sounds like a decent fella, he won't chuck silly money about like Man City it's not quite his style and personally I don't think you have to in this division to an extent, having said that he did inject 20m into Lens.

There is already talk of Zayette going to Lens in a loan deal, if we can get decent players in return then even better.

French second division a little bit easy than The Championship
  • Options
    6 pages on facking wednesday - get a grip people, who cares!
  • Options
    Have they actually been taken over yet?
  • Options

Looking like we might be having the same sponsors as Atletico Madrid to get around FFP as well ;)

How on earth does having the same sponsors as AM help you get round FFP?!

It's his sponsor! He has shares in AM and Porto, if he sponsors Wednesday for 20m by putting Land of fire on our shirts then the income is much bigger so more to ply with in terms of FFP regulations.

FFP is just a myth, anyone could get around it if they wanted to.

• Options

It's more income so gives the club more to spend on players and stay within the loss limits. Thing is Wednesday are about as far as us from being a top 8 team. Did the guy really pay £50m for the club or has he taken on £50m of debts built up over the years. Either way he has paid well over the odds and is set for a shock when he finds out what he will have to pay to improve the squad. Just like Charlton they will need c.£10M of additional talent to appear out of their academy or buy/loan players in from elsewhere. Why would players worth £1M+ go to Sheffield unless the guy is willing to pay over the odds. Anyone can talk about ambitions to get to the Premier League but it's another thing to build a club and a team that delivers it.

I'm led to believe this figure includes playing off Milan and the debts and charges against the ground for loans taken out by Milan, the actual figure for Wednesday alone as a club would be much lower I'd hazard a guess at.

Either way he's wiped out everything to gain control and satisfy Milan.
  • Options

Looking like we might be having the same sponsors as Atletico Madrid to get around FFP as well ;)

How on earth does having the same sponsors as AM help you get round FFP?!

It's his sponsor! He has shares in AM and Porto, if he sponsors Wednesday for 20m by putting Land of fire on our shirts then the income is much bigger so more to ply with in terms of FFP regulations.

FFP is just a myth, anyone could get around it if they wanted to.

OP old chap you really do need to wake up and smell the coffee.

That would not be seen as a fair value transaction at 'arms length'. Etihad pay Man City £350-400m for their sponsorship (about £35m a year which is almost double the next highest club in Europe). Serious questions were raised when that deal was done and still didn't stop them getting a £50m fine!

Do you really think the massives would be able to secure that sort of sponsorship deal with an unrelated party? How much did Chupa Chups pay? (still makes me laugh!!)
  • Options
    I used it as an example , people also said forest wouldn't be able to do anything this season because Of ffp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The new owner never splashed the cash at Lens the best 2 players they had last year was Areola from PSG and Salli Monaco on loan the rest were very average from what I see. He may well invest in them a lot more now they are in the top division as they get crowds of around 38K.

I wouldn't expect him to throw bundles and bundles at Weds yet and I'm not sure the owls would want too many from Lens
  • Options
    The FFP do have safeguards to stop too much money artificially being given in sponsorship - got this from a friend who used to be a Chairman and Director of a Championship club.
  • Options

Any news on this OP? We've just spent 3m Euros on a Champion's League player. Just saying.

Lets be fair the same day we signed him, they signed Paul McElroy from Hull :-)

Dev squad, sounds promising though.
  • Options

Any news on this OP? We've just spent 3m Euros on a Champion's League player. Just saying.

So your 3 big signings so far are for your development squad,
    Sorry did not no this plan to be in the PL was for 5 years time :-)
  • Options
    Misread the thread title. I didn't realise it should read P(MS)L.
  • Options
    But if you have bought Diego Poyet I will hunt you down and kill you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

;0)
  • Options

But if you have bought Diego Poyet I will hunt you down and kill you.

The funny thing is, they are debating whether they should go for him on twitter.
    League one within 2 years them lot.
  • Options
    #tinpot
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wednesday looks set for a 10m transfer budget, not including wages.
  • Options

So your 3 big signings so far are for your development squad,
    Sorry did not no this plan to be in the PL was for 5 years time :-)
    We've not signed anyone yet for the first team that's including contract renewals, just waiting for red tape.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

#tinpot

Richard Wood lol
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Wednesday looks set for a 10 transfer budget, not including wages.

Well obviously not including wages - noone would play for any team let alone the massives for a tenner a week.

(see you stuck the 'm' in there on an edit - grrrrr!)
  • Options
    Lots of talk no action
    lets see shall we
    go a feeling you will be left red faced at the end of the season with some of these comments
  • Options

Lots of talk no action
    lets see shall we
    go a feeling you will be left red faced at the end of the season with some of these comments

I'm not expecting promotion because all of this has come late on and Stuart Gray has to prove himself, however If he is allowed 10 million quid just for transfers excluding wages then I very much doubt we'll be near the bottom three, unless things go drastically wrong.