Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Mammadov wants to be in Sheffield !! Has he been there ;0)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The thing is OP these teams will also have their sights set on the PL:
    Norwich, Fulham, Cardiff, Derby, Wigan, Brighton, Reading, Blackburn, Ipswich, Bournemouth, Forest, Middlesbrough, Watford and Bolton.

Then there's you too it seems. Oh, and Wolves. The vast majority are going to be disappointed aren't they?

There are only two ways to get promoted out of this division... Build a proper club and make the right decisions about players, management etc or throw £100M + at it. We did it the right way in 1998 as have Swansea, Burnley etc and then you have Cardiff, Leicester, Leicester and Bournemouth giving it the big'un!
    I wonder what happens to those clubs that fail and which path Wednesday will choose?!
    Looking forward to the fixture list and of course the cup draw to plan some winning trips to Yorkshire ;)

• Options
    edited June 2014

cafcfan said:

Norwich, Fulham, Cardiff, Derby, Wigan, Brighton, Reading, Blackburn, Ipswich, Bournemouth, Forest, Middlesbrough, Watford and Bolton.

Then there's you too it seems. Oh, and Wolves. The vast majority are going to be disappointed aren't they?

There are only two ways to get promoted out of this division... Build a proper club and make the right decisions about players, management etc or throw £100M + at it. We did it the right way in 1998 as have Swansea, Burnley etc and then you have Cardiff, Leicester, Leicester and Bournemouth giving it the big'un!
    I wonder what happens to those clubs that fail and which path Wednesday will choose?!
    Looking forward to the fixture list and of course the cup draw to plan some winning trips to Yorkshire ;)

This guy doesn't sound like the retards at Blackburn or Cardiff, he seems like a level headed guy that will not go stupid with money but has got it when it's needed, apparently Reading approached him early last season but he turned them down.

It's not a done deal yet anyway and anything can happen but it's looking promising.

• Options

I do hope Wednesday get promoted to the PL. The chance to witness the smarmy, deluded gits get humiliated week in week out instead of just when we play them away would be too good to miss. I look forward to hearing how Man City and Arsenal cheat and timewaste their way to victory, how Stoke are a tinpot club with a crap away following and very few of the teams have any history at all worth speaking of. On their inevitable return to the Championship they would then spend the next 3 seasons moaning about having to play in the second division and pretending they'd forgotten what it was like.

So good luck with that. Would you still come on here to test our patience or would that be beneath you once you are mixing with royalty? Well, Leicester, anyway.

You made me laugh mate, seriously you must read OT lol.

• Options
    Apparently Reading have approached everyone including the Philadelphia crowd rumoured to be looking at us last November...
    Reading are another club feeling the after effects of the Premier League and may well fall before they rise again. This Championship is a tough old league and very expensive if you get it wrong.
    Incidentally have you let a load of players go this summer, three years after coming up or did you have a clear out before?
  • Options

Apparently Reading have approached everyone including the Philadelphia crowd rumoured to be looking at us last November...
    Reading are another club feeling the after effects of the Premier League and may well fall before they rise again. This Championship is a tough old league and very expensive if you get it wrong.
    Incidentally have you let a load of players go this summer, three years after coming up or did you have a clear out before?

We've had a bit of a clear out, and yes three years after coming up, not brought in anybody significant yet though apart from two young lads from Stoke/ Soton.

• Options

Genuinely can never understand why some people get so hissy about OPs contributions. I find them interesting, connected to another club in our league. So wish that members on here would be more welcoming to others.

This is clearly a Sheffield W related thread started by a Sheffield W fan. There is no magnetic force drawing you to open and read the thread if you don't want to

Cheers pal, appreciated.

I know who the Haterz are ;)

• Options

cafcfan said:

This guy doesn't sound like the retards at Blackburn or Cardiff, he seems like a level headed guy that will not go stupid with money but has got it when it's needed, apparently Reading approached him early last season but he turned them down.

It's not a done deal yet anyway and anything can happen but it's looking promising.

What do you know about this guy really? Wiki just says he became seriously rich quickly like many well connected corrupt people after the breakup of the soviet union.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafcfan said:

What do you know about this guy really? Wiki just says he became seriously rich quickly like many well connected corrupt people after the breakup of the soviet union.
    Not a lot but the reassuring thing is Milan has had chances to sell Wednesday in the last few years last one being a Chinese consortium and he's insisted that he wouldn't do the deal if it wasn't right for the club, he did the same with Leicester.

• Options
    takeovers are so last year piggy
  • Options
    OP seems to be a lot more in the network approach to buying clubs than people give credit too

Good luck pal hope it works out for you this lot ain't happy slagging off our network they want to do the same to yours aswell

Could be an interesting few months
  • Options

OP seems to be a lot more in the network approach to buying clubs than people give credit too

Good luck pal hope it works out for you this lot ain't happy slagging off our network they want to do the same to yours aswell

Cheers NLA.

To be honest I actually don't see a problem with the system like yours and Watfords, especially as FFP rules are in, there are benefits with this system as well.

Look at the owners at Blackburn/Cardiff and Hull where they want to rule with an Iron fist and change the historical hallamarks of the clubs history, that's the time to worry.
  • Options
    Cardiff City are another "network" club, albeit they are probably at the top of the food chain. Vincent Tan also owns FK Sarajevo.
  • Options
    You made it to the champions league yet?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info...anyway...moving on...
  • Options

See Lens went up under his stewardship but that may probably have happened in any event. Do you know the level of investment on players at Lens?

They were doing nothing before he came, he took them up in his first season after pumping 20m euros into the squad.

2010-11 Finished 19th 35 Points(Relegated from Ligue 1)
    2011-12 Finished 12th-48 Points
    2012-13 Finished 12th-45 Points
    2013-14 Finished 2nd-65 Points
    BUT
    according to the news
    Mammadov’s goal now is to deliver Champions League football for Lens.

Same as us with Leige no way will you be his main team, and u will just get Lens Rejects
    Now let me think about this, promotion to the PL would net Mammadovs Wednesday ? or playing in the French Ligue would bring in how much, champions league or not if we are challenging for the PL then we'll be in the driving seat.

This story was leaked in France by someone at Lens, they're apparently not happy about Mammadov wanting to get into English football because maybe they know that this is where he wants to be.

This is such a false economy though as just staying in the PL (let alone "challenging") costs many times more than the annual salary at Lens. Yes the income is higher but turnover = vanity, profit = sanity and there aint too many teams turning a profit up there.

Anyway, it's going to take more money than this blokes got for you to beat us at Hillsborough !
  • Options

To be honest I actually don't see a problem with the system like yours and Watfords, especially as FFP rules are in, there are benefits with this system as well...
    Er...yeah...I'd wait until you've seen the quality of any loans coming in from the network before making that particular call tbh.

Will be an interesting point of comparison.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

See Lens went up under his stewardship but that may probably have happened in any event. Do you know the level of investment on players at Lens?

They were doing nothing before he came, he took them up in his first season after pumping 20m euros into the squad.

BUT
    according to the news

Same as us with Leige no way will you be his main team, and u will just get Lens Rejects
    Now let me think about this, promotion to the PL would net Mammadovs Wednesday ? or playing in the French Ligue would bring in how much, champions league or not if we are challenging for the PL then we'll be in the driving seat.

This story was leaked in France by someone at Lens, they're apparently not happy about Mammadov wanting to get into English football because maybe they know that this is where he wants to be.

This is such a false economy though as just staying in the PL (let alone "challenging") costs many times more than the annual salary at Lens. Yes the income is higher but turnover = vanity, profit = sanity and there aint too many teams turning a profit up there.

Anyway, it's going to take more money than this blokes got for you to beat us at Hillsborough !
    If the bloke has pumped €20m into getting a second tier French club promoted, then sanity doesn't seem likely anyway. But I reckon once he's done that, he'll be putting that club above others in the group, especially when Champions League football is more achievable with Lens than Sheffield Wednesday or FC Baku.

I wonder how much of that €20m is now debt saddled onto the club (like I believe QPR, Cardiff and Leicester).

Mandaric will sell to whoever gives the best deal for Mandaric.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nicholas said:

Yep can imagine Hafiz now running around as a nipper in Azerbaijan in Sheffield Wednesday shirt telling all his friends his one day going to own the massive lot from up north.

Anyway his main team is RC Lens so looks like your going to be part of a network too just like.....Watford :)

He wants a new challenge, he got Lens back up into the French top flight...........and now he wants to do it with us, the guys got vision.
    Should have gone to Specsavers.....

• Options

This is from Total Carnage on Not 606 -

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/263611-Happy/page3

Cardiff City Wage as a proportion of turnover 190% - Promoted
    Hull City Wage as a proportion of turnover 152% - Promoted
    Palarse Wage as a proportion of turnover 130% - Promoted
    Leicester City - Wage as a proportion of turnover 133% - Promoted this season
    Peterborough - Wage as a proportion of turnover 62% - Relegated

The question is whether Wednesday pay high wages to get promoted.
  • Options

Genuinely can never understand why some people get so hissy about OPs contributions. I find them interesting, connected to another club in our league. So wish that members on here would be more welcoming to others.

This is clearly a Sheffield W related thread started by a Sheffield W fan. There is no magnetic force drawing you to open and read the thread if you don't want to

Op Pig sounds like a genuinely decent bloke. The problem is that so many of his comrades on "Pork Talk" don't.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Looks like Pig is right this time. Hats off to the old fella. His Delusional Disorder is curing clearly. Their potential new owner was spotted in the up market part of Sheffield today.

• Options

I do hope Wednesday get promoted to the PL. The chance to witness the smarmy, deluded gits get humiliated week in week out instead of just when we play them away would be too good to miss. I look forward to hearing how Man City and Arsenal cheat and timewaste their way to victory, how Stoke are a tinpot club with a crap away following and very few of the teams have any history at all worth speaking of. On their inevitable return to the Championship they would then spend the next 3 seasons moaning about having to play in the second division and pretending they'd forgotten what it was like.

So good luck with that. Would you still come on here to test our patience or would that be beneath you once you are mixing with royalty? Well, Leicester, anyway.

You made me laugh mate, seriously you must read OT lol.

I have looked a couple of times. I couldn't wash the hate off for days.
  • Options

• Options
    @Afkabartram What if it was simply a Palace thread started by a Palace fan?
  • Options

BUT
    according to the news

Same with RD he would make more money with us in the prem than SL in the champions League, but if he prefers SL and is still making money then he will be happy, if he started losing money maybe he would considering Charlton being his number 1 as we have to ability to make that money, maybe it will be the same with your (maybe)owner
  • Options
    Sub Standard Liege vs RC Lends