Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Imagine if the new owner does come in sacks gray and hires Powell LOL
  • Options

Gray will be under pressure if he doesn't deliver if and when this takeover happens, it's the cruel way football has gone but all i'm bothered about is getting some quality players in and if that means even Lens helping out then so be it, somehow I don't see us being like Watford though.
  • Options

Gray will be under pressure if he doesn't deliver if and when this takeover happens, it's the cruel way football has gone but all i'm bothered about is getting some quality players in and if that means even Lens helping out then so be it, somehow I don't see us being like Watford though.
    @operationpig‌ can't you share your views with people who care?
  • Options

Since you replied I guess you care, If anymore news comes my way I'll report back.

• Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    Good luck to him, hope it all works out for you OP it's about time someone posted some good news on this board
  • Options
    Its true!
    Pigs can fly.
  • Options
    The thing is OP these teams will also have their sights set on the PL:
    Norwich, Fulham, Cardiff, Derby, Wigan, Brighton, Reading, Blackburn, Ipswich, Bournemouth, Forest, Middlesbrough, Watford and Bolton.

Then there's you too it seems. Oh, and Wolves. The vast majority are going to be disappointed aren't they?
  • Options
    Five year plan no doubt like our man, establishing a firm foothold in the Championship whilst slowly building within the confines of FFP :-0
  • Options

Takeovers aren't always a great thing OP! Look at our last two.

Maybe so but I don't think our takeover will be like the one from down the road where a rich prince once paid a quid but spent nothing.

Ken Bates? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Since you replied I guess you care, If anymore news comes my way I'll report back.

Yeap that's right cause I replied, I'm now a Sheffield Wednesday follower. Try www.owlstalk.co.uk
  • Options
    Didn't Milan Mandaric once take Pompey up and also have his sites set on the Premier League? Just saying.
  • Options
    Fair play to wednesday if they get taken over, good luck to them.

Sorry, i forgot i was on the school playground

fuck da piggies innit ur shit wendies lolololol omg ur so bad we h8 u evn doe we dnt b rivals 4 one seesun. fuk u pig m8
  • Options
    Don't this thread belong to the jokes category?
  • Options
    Sheff Wednesday are like us - you set yourself up to be kicked in the teeth! Surely you should have worked that out by now!
  • Options
    just dont count your piggies... pig. There was a time not that long ago where we were days from being the 3rd richest club in the world. It can be snatched away
  • Options

just dont count your piggies... pig. There was a time not that long ago where we were days from being the 3rd richest club in the world. It can be snatched away

Now we're the second richest from Belgium.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The thing is OP these teams will also have their sights set on the PL:
    Charlton, Norwich, Fulham, Cardiff, Derby, Wigan, Brighton, Reading, Blackburn, Ipswich, Bournemouth, Forest, Middlesbrough, Watford and Bolton.

Then there's you too it seems. Oh, and Wolves. The vast majority are going to be disappointed aren't they?

Fixed it for you.
  • Options

Takeovers aren't always a great thing OP! Look at our last two.

Maybe so but I don't think our takeover will be like the one from down the road where a rich prince once paid a quid but spent nothing.

Total players Utd sold in 13/14 for money - zero

Total players Utd sold to a club in a higher division - 1

Total players loaned from PL - 2

Total players loaned from Championship - 3

Net spend - 620k (good ol soccerbase ;)

Wages - Undoutably heavily subsidised. Doubt Clough is cheap for League 1 and probably paid more than either Dave Jones was or Stuart Gray is

Dont expect you to praise your rivals but acquiesence better than bullshit.

If your new man spends the same as "Rich Prince" you will pleased as punch

• Options
    Sounds more like a Pigs Wed wet dream, now do one back to owlstalk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Does this make you massiver, or the massiverest?
  • Options

Sheff Wednesday are like us - you set yourself up to be kicked in the teeth! Surely you should have worked that out by now!

I'm pretty sure it won't far into August before 'Praise or Grumble' starts getting plenty of calls saying "We want our Wednesday back" (the one that wins games)!

• Options

I'm pretty sure it won't far into August before 'Praise or Grumble' starts getting plenty of calls saying "We want our Wednesday back" (the one that wins games)!

If the the new owner is willing to pump millions into the squad for players then I very much doubt that there would be calls like that, lets not forget that since our relegation from the PL back in 2000 we've been a very poor side in the lower depths of this league with stints in L1.

It still might take a while, we might have the money but still be nowhere near the top, nothing is guaranteed.
  • Options

See Lens went up under his stewardship but that may probably have happened in any event. Do you know the level of investment on players at Lens?
  • Options
    Don't think many people on here would describe that as Interesting.
  • Options

See Lens went up under his stewardship but that may probably have happened in any event. Do you know the level of investment on players at Lens?

They were doing nothing before he came, he took them up in his first season after pumping 20m euros into the squad.

• Options

They were doing nothing before he came, he took them up in his first season after pumping 20m euros into the squad.

2010-11 Finished 19th 35 Points(Relegated from Ligue 1)
    2011-12 Finished 12th-48 Points
    2012-13 Finished 12th-45 Points
    2013-14 Finished 2nd-65 Points
    BUT
    according to the news
    Mammadov’s goal now is to deliver Champions League football for Lens.

Same as us with Leige no way will you be his main team, and u will just get Lens Rejects
  • Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

I thought Phil "the power" Taylor was a Bolton fan.

BFH

Pretty sure he supports Port Vale
  • Options

2010-11 Finished 19th 35 Points(Relegated from Ligue 1)
    2011-12 Finished 12th-48 Points
    2012-13 Finished 12th-45 Points
    2013-14 Finished 2nd-65 Points
    BUT
    according to the news
    Mammadov’s goal now is to deliver Champions League football for Lens.

Same as us with Leige no way will you be his main team, and u will just get Lens Rejects
    Now let me think about this, promotion to the PL would net Mammadovs Wednesday ? or playing in the French Ligue would bring in how much, champions league or not if we are challenging for the PL then we'll be in the driving seat.

This story was leaked in France by someone at Lens, they're apparently not happy about Mammadov wanting to get into English football because maybe they know that this is where he wants to be.

• Options
    They in the prem yet?