Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options
    Did Wendy really get bought for 50m ?
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Did Wednesday really get bought for 50m ?

Yes.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Looking like we might be having the same sponsors as Atletico Madrid to get around FFP as well ;)
  • Options
    Nearly four times more than Charlton ! You really must be massive. Sounds a ridiculous sum to me for a second division team. With an ancient stadium and team that needs complete rebuilding. I'm even more convinced this will end in tears.
  • Options

Nearly four times more than Charlton ! You really must be massive. Sounds a ridiculous sum to me for a second division team. With an ancient stadium and team that needs complete rebuilding. I'm even more convinced this will end in tears.

Why will it?

Mammadov bought RC Lens when in the French second division, he said he had a 4 year plan to return them to the top flight.....it happened in one season, his first season there but he now wants to push on and targets a CL spot for them, we all know this is possible in the french leagues as it's not as strong as ours.

His burning desire was to find an old traditional club in England and take them back to past glories i.e playing in the top League and once established there pushing on, Once he saw Wednesday, the history and the ground he was sold, Milan is to stay on in some capacity, perhaps as club president etc, the guy sounds like a decent fella, he won't chuck silly money about like Man City it's not quite his style and personally I don't think you have to in this division to an extent, having said that he did inject 20m into Lens.

There is already talk of Zayette going to Lens in a loan deal, if we can get decent players in return then even better.

• Options

Why will it?

Mammadov bought RC Lens when in the French second division, he said he had a 4 year plan to return them to the top flight.....it happened in one season, his first season there but he now wants to push on and targets a CL spot for them, we all know this is possible in the french leagues as it's not as strong as ours.

His burning desire was to find an old traditional club in England and take them back to past glories i.e playing in the top League and once established there pushing on, Once he saw Wednesday, the history and the ground he was sold, Milan is to stay on in some capacity, perhaps as club president etc, the guy sounds like a decent fella, he won't chuck silly money about like Man City it's not quite his style and personally I don't think you have to in this division to an extent, having said that he did inject 20m into Lens.

There is already talk of Zayette going to Lens in a loan deal, if we can get decent players in return then even better.

Have you been banned on owlstalk for talking so much dog poo ?
  • Options

Why will it?

No and I'm not, most of what I said is true and quoted, sorry if it upsets you.
  • Options
    OP...you are incredibly deluded.

how does a 50M price tag help anyone other than Mandaric?
  • Options

OP...you are incredibly deluded.

how does a 50M price tag help anyone other than Mandaric?

Where have I said that, feel free to quote me eh?

I've just pointed out how much we were sold for.

Me deluded? lol

• Options

Why will it?

No and I'm not, most of what I said is true and quoted, sorry if it upsets you.
    Hasn't upset me one bit, I just don't understand why you can't share your views with people who care? (Owlstalk)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feed the pig
    Feed the pig
    Feed the pig and he'll wind you up
    Feed the pig and he will wind you up

The choice is yours :-0
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You arent when you talk about anything other than Wednesday ;)

But on this thread you have taken a MASSIVELY one sided view of the deal and are looking at it with rose tinted glasses. It might be instantaneous gratification in terms of big signings, but thats a dangerous game to play.

It might be a good thing it might not, so be prepared to take some stick if you give it the barry and it turns out to be the next Munto Finance. I am sure it wont be...so you are safer ground than your normal pre-match predictions, which you must realise by now are futile.

One last thing..you slag off United's owner with no evidence to back it up except the nominal consideration he paid for that deal...he has stuck in plenty. The pound just shows he is not a mug, paying huge sums for assets which are actually liabilities.

G9od luck...hang onto the rollercoaster

Edit.....ah i missed the Quote

"Wednesday 50M, Pigs a quid"
  • Options

You arent when you talk about anything other than Wednesday ;)

But on this thread you have taken a MASSIVELY one sided view of the deal and are looking at it with rose tinted glasses. It might be instantaneous gratification in terms of big signings, but thats a dangerous game to play.

It might be a good thing it might not, so be prepared to take some stick if you give it the barry and it turns out to be the next Munto Finance. I am sure it wont be...so you are safer ground than your normal pre-match predictions, which you must realise by now are futile.

One last thing..you slag off United's owner with no evidence to back it up except the nominal consideration he paid for that deal...he has stuck in plenty. The pound just shows he is not a mug, paying huge sums for assets which are actually liabilities.

G9od luck...hang onto the rollercoaster

One sided view? ermm okay, so under Milan he saved us and won us promotion and made us a solid base in the Championship however he couldn't take us further without major investment, now we have the 'major investment' do you expect me to be downbeat? sorry no can do pal, that might be your style but I've waited 20 odd years for this.

The reason the Prince for a quid gets stick is the fact he came on a local Radio station claiming that they were going back to the Premiership within a few seasons and that he was investing Millions into the club for players etc but if you look at who've they bought then certain eyebrows get raised over these 'ambitious claims' by the pocket rocket prince.

Basham, JC Rice - ERMM okay.

Even if it takes us two or three years the ride is gonna be fun, no more struggling.
  • Options
    Each to their own, if it makes it exciting for you then great. Personally i dont like being a prudent and financially conservative rich mans plaything, id be terrified of to a speculative rich mans plaything.

Lol basham and JC Rice ;) i raise you Brayford and finishing the season with a game that would get them lower champs midtable easily....Obviously i dont expect to agree on anything related to United!!!

Keep pigging piggy, its all good baby
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Each to their own, if it makes it exciting for you then great. Personally i dont like being a prudent and financially conservative rich mans plaything, id be terrified of to a speculative rich mans plaything.

Lol basham and JC Rice ;) i raise you Brayford and finishing the season with a game that would get them lower champs midtable easily....Obviously i dont expect to agree on anything related to United!!!

Brayford - good player but loan and only because of Clough, will they sign him? not a chance same goes for Codey.

Keep up the good Sheffield football work though fella you almost sound like a Pig to be honest.

*Edit*
    By the way Calydon, cheers for the concern but does it slightly worry you that you couldn't afford to sign O'Grady because you couldn't afford his wages? a player we got rid of because we thought he wasn't quite good enough even for a lower half of the league Wednesday side.

If this turns out to be the case I'd be worried about your upcoming season, COG is bang average if I'm honest, if a player like that turns you down where do you go from there.

• Options
    Have Sheffield Wednesday ever played in the top division?

I've always thought of them as a third division club.
  • Options
    IA said:

Don't worry, those third division memories will soon be wiped away.

• Options

IA said:

Conference?
  • Options
    Oh no ...Absurdistan has flagged my post because he knows lol, but I'm still waiting for Caly to reply.
  • Options

Brayford - good player but loan and only because of Clough, will they sign him? not a chance same goes for Codey.

Keep up the good Sheffield football work though fella you almost sound like a Pig to be honest.

*Edit*
    By the way Calydon, cheers for the concern but does it slightly worry you that you couldn't afford to sign O'Grady because you couldn't afford his wages? a player we got rid of because we thought he wasn't quite good enough even for a lower half of the league Wednesday side.

If this turns out to be the case I'd be worried about your upcoming season, COG is bang average if I'm honest, if a player like that turns you down where do you go from there.

Talking poo poo again little piggy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @operationpig‌

I genuinely wish Wednesday no ill, but I do have a serious observation to make. It's amazing how many people with serious money also have very poor judgement. Lots of wealthy men have bought football clubs without really having understood what they were getting into.

If your new owner has paid £50m for the Club he clearly doesn't know what he's doing. He's paid way over the odds. This may not matter one jot, but one day he'll wake up and smell the coffee. What he does when that happens will determine how well this works out for you.
  • Options
    Well Leicester splashed the cash and went up. QPR were dead lucky to return after Derby completely blew it but nevertheless went back up so the evidence is that if you spend the dosh you will be serious contenders. Our owner seems to have decided to spend as little money as possible but we will have to wait and see. Anyway I understand your enthusiasm piggy...we are just dead jealous.
  • Options

Oh no ...Absurdistan has flagged my post because he knows lol, but I'm still waiting for Caly to reply.

Nah COG dont worry me....there is a difference between what u can afford and what you consider worth spending.

He was on fire last season but, as you say, for the majority of his career he was underwhelming.
  • Options

Looking like we might be having the same sponsors as Atletico Madrid to get around FFP as well ;)

How on earth does having the same sponsors as AM help you get round FFP?!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It's more income so gives the club more to spend on players and stay within the loss limits. Thing is Wednesday are about as far as us from being a top 8 team. Did the guy really pay £50m for the club or has he taken on £50m of debts built up over the years. Either way he has paid well over the odds and is set for a shock when he finds out what he will have to pay to improve the squad. Just like Charlton they will need c.£10M of additional talent to appear out of their academy or buy/loan players in from elsewhere. Why would players worth £1M+ go to Sheffield unless the guy is willing to pay over the odds. Anyone can talk about ambitions to get to the Premier League but it's another thing to build a club and a team that delivers it.
  • Options
    If he paid milan 50M cash then the club is bust simple as as he is either a crook or incompetent. That shady mandaric gangster is laughing all the way to his deathbed on that dough.

So he has taken on debt I would suspect (amazed if I turn out to be wrong on this)

• Options
    OP as far as I'm aware it's not that we can't afford CoG it's that we're refusing to pay what he wants, as he's demanding more than we think he's worth..
  • Options
    Also, Mandaric doesnt have the best record in selling to Successors, he makes dough and the club goes bust a few years later...pretty much his history in business as well.

Past - Pompey
    Present - Leicester?
    Future - Massives????
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited June 2014

IA said:

I don't think I'll ever forget your massive day out against Hartlepool. 4-2 after extra time. Gripping stuff. Is that the biggest match in Wednesday's history?
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Don't worry Absurdistan has a form of flagging torrets .