Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gerrard

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:

Deserves this tbh, feet up big bucks great lifestyle

Got a long old life ahead of him for that, you are a long time retired and I'm just a bit suprised he couldn't find more of a challenge to be honest. Don't get me wrong, good luck to him just suprised no Italian clubs fancied him
    Gotta think the quality of life and schooling for the kids will have as well,no doubt they will have a quality life whatever but LA or Turin/Milan

Would be a no brainer for me.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

At last, the end of a terrific career, though one that might be regarded as not as stellar as it could/should have been .. the last of the one club superstars ? .. I am sure that it was love of his home town and not only money that kept SG at Anfield .. very rare to win a European Cup Winners medal and not an English Champions medal.
    I wish him lots of love, luck and £o££y in his US adventure

But he is a two club superstar surely....
    The USA pension fund outfits do not qualify as football clubs in my book .. anyway he's gone to play socchharrr
  • Options
    The MLS schedule is more challenging from a lifestyle perspective than many European leagues. Whilst the quality isn't as high as what he is used to, and he won't be recognized everywhere he goes - you do have to be extremely fit to play in that league.

You have to fly to every away game, spending a ton of time moving through airports and time zones in different climates. For example, playing away at FC Dallas or Houston Dynamo will mean playing in 40 degree heat.

There will be pressure on him to deliver as the 'number one' man in the side. LA Galaxy aren't just a run of the mill team either, they're the US champions, and they will expect Gerrard to lead them to results week in and week out in a very competitive league that over half the sides involved have a chance of winning.

It will still be a challenge for him at 36. I don't believe he'll be able to just 'put his feet up' and let everything fall into place.

• Options
    On the other hand cafctom he is already a millionaire at the end of a very lucrative and successful career and he just may be there for the lifestyle and the money.....no?
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but Gerrard doesn't strike me as the type to just go there for the easy money. Hes a proper professional.
  • Options
    its not the physical aspect , i totally agree that from my understanding from football in the US that the fitness levels are as high as anywhere , its the mental tiredness that he will benefit from being away from, he was mr liverpool in all forms, he was england captain focal point for all things club sand country , he can now go and be a father husband footballer and relax in a great country with a great life style
  • Options
    IA said:

They've given him a great send-off in his last Liverpool match.

Stoke 6-1 Liverpool

Liverpool have imploded recently .. all that money that Rodgers spent and they have the worst ever side that I can remember, at least for the past ten years .. it serves to show what a debt they owed to the phantom chewer Suarez
  • Options
    Gerrard scores but they lose 6-1.

• Options
    Was their final two games against palace & Stoke a 9-2 loss on aggregate ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Was their final two games against palace & Stoke a 9-2 loss on aggregate ?

You can't really blame Sterling for wanting out can you?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

its not the physical aspect , i totally agree that from my understanding from football in the US that the fitness levels are as high as anywhere , its the mental tiredness that he will benefit from being away from, he was mr liverpool in all forms, he was england captain focal point for all things club sand country , he can now go and be a father husband footballer and relax in a great country with a great hair life style

Corrected this for you...
  • Options
    From conversations and chats last night on Radio5Live, it was said quite emphatically that Rodgers was pleased to see SG go as he (Rodgers) was concerned that if Gerrard stayed on as a 'father figure' to the young players, then he (Rodgers) would have his 'regime' undermined .. even more undermined than a 6-1 stuffing from Stoke City ?? ((:>)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Liverpool fan cries on air !

Wind up or not ?

https://youtu.be/ihl3vybdp_w
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Wind up or not ?

this sounds like Steve Claridge on a wind up ..
  • Options

Wind up or not ?

What a wuss, man up or go!!!!!
  • Options
    Did he just call them Joe-Chim Low and Ger-gan Klomp?
  • Options

Wind up or not ?

Got to be a wind up.
    Everyone knows Johnnie Jackson supports arsenal.