Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gerrard

Comments

• Options

never realized how much Gerrard looks like Lampard

Ah, all English people look the same
  • Options
    Was on the Kop at Anfield yesterday as a season-ticket holding mate couldn't go. Thought I was gonna get to see Palace lose. A shame.

Gerrard got the great send-off he deserves though. Liverpool fans get a lot of stick but they are without question the best fans of any of the top clubs.

Sad to see Gerrard go, an end of an era for me as I grew up watching him. I'll have to get plugged into Jack Wilshere from now on. Or not.
  • Options

Liverpool fans get a lot of stick but they are without question the best fans of any of the top clubs.

I'd question it.

Find them arrogant, self-important and whiny.
    And United's and Arsenal's aren't?! I was talking from a purely noise perspective, though. Arsenal and Chelsea in particular, are shite.
  • Options
    The arrogance of the "supporters" of the top clubs are my single biggest gripe in English football.

Whilst Liverpool make me cringe with their attention seeking at times, their core fanbase that are actually from Liverpool hold a proper affection for the principles of what the club stands for which I respect.
  • Options
    Didn't he score in the 3 nil win at Valley when Les Reed was in charge, as he had a massive problem with Les Reed he celebrated OTT.
  • Options
    I thought Gerrard very arrogant that day when dissing Les Reed. However no doubting he has been a great player and virtually won the Champions league for them. As everyone says, a bit disappointing for England.
  • Options
    Without a doubt a very very good player, one of the best to come through that Liverpool boot room set up

However

Where would he sit in the last 15 yrs of English midfielders

From top of my head

Gazza
    Ince
    Beckham
    Scholes
    Gerrard
    Lampard

Where would he rank

I'd definitely have Beckham, Scholes, Gazza before him,

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    No time for Liverpool myself, I believe Boris Johnson was spot on on his critique of Liverpudlians.

Gerrard, I have a fair bit of time for though. Nice to see a guy who was clearly an honest professional, get a proper send off.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Without a doubt a very very good player, one of the best to come through that Liverpool boot room set up

However

Where would he sit in the last 15 yrs of English midfielders

From top of my head

Gazza
    Ince
    Beckham
    Scholes
    Gerrard
    Lampard

Where would he rank

I'd definitely have Beckham, Scholes, Gazza before him,

In front of all them mate
    Gazza quality but a total arsehole clown etc,scholes and beckham played in quality sides , Gerrard carried Liverpool mate when they had mediocre players .
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Another over rated English player

U talk like a total prick overrated my arse suppose you are better .
    Jealousy don't get u anywhere .
  • Options
    Disagree mate, Scholes and becks way a head, Gazza was a clown but better than all of them imo

Gerrard is a very good player mate I would never doubt that at all, but for me those three were better
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Disagree mate, Scholes and becks way a head, Gazza was a clown but better than all of them imo

Gerrard is a very good player mate I would never doubt that at all, but for me those three were better

Never mate don't agree sorry , like the messi , Ronaldo argument its a no brainer for me Ronaldo aint in the same class , it's my opinion mate scholes and beckham played in great sides for me gerrard way ahead .

+ u hate scousers I hate mancs
  • Options
    That is true but a big but,

I put that aside for Owen fowler Gerrard all fantastic players who when we played against them I would sit and marvel at their ability and skill
  • Options
    Beckham is God though best player in the world ever lol
  • Options
    Scholes controlled games more than Gerrard.

Both quality players though.
  • Options

Beckham is God though best player in the world ever lol

Beckham is as big as coca cola mate but I hate the shit , mate it's simple I fucking hate United .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol I can't answer that it pays the wages, even paid for me to see that wonderful place in Italy last week and I get to go back this week,

Love them both,
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Scholes controlled games more than Gerrard.

Both quality players though.

That's wot u say I don't think so , look when you have giggs , cantona , Keane , beckham etc You have some team gerrrard never had those sort of players around yet he still pulled Liverpool through it really does make a difference wot players you have around .
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Lol I can't answer that it pays the wages, even paid for me to see that wonderful place in Italy last week and I get to go back this week,

Love them both,

I know mate that's why I gave it a mention its all opinions mate but
    I hate people who say he is overrated to me thats braindead someone who never played or knows fuck all , my james is charlton mad as you know but gerrrard is his idol like a lot of kids I've had him in tears yesterday and today mate for me he is gonna be hard to replace .
  • Options
    sent you a pm mate about the only thing I didn't like about him
  • Options
    The thing is, suppose you rate something as 8 out of 10, I rate it as 6 out of 10 and the general media rates it as 7 out of 10.
    You'll naturally think it has been underrated, I'll think it's overrated.
    Neither of us would necessarily be wrong. Disagreeing with you doesn't make someone 'braindead' or that they 'know fuck all'. They just disagree with you. That's allowed.
  • Options
    I never got the Gary Neville was shit and over rated stuff or that he only played for England because of utd,

Which in its self proves the point as you only play at utd that long if your quality,.

Gerrard was a talisman for Liverpool and Rogers has run the same risk as McLaren with Beckham, and had the same result he will live to regret his mgmt of Gerrard this year as 4th place was as easy to reach this season than any other I can remember and Rodgers will never know if had he played him more and In the right way if they could have reached it
  • Options
    4th would have been easy to reach had they had kept hold of Suarez, or at least replaced him with a top striker. They were never going to get into the top 4 with the likes of Ricky Lambert and Balotelli to rely on.
  • Options

I never got the Gary Neville was shit and over rated stuff or that he only played for England because of utd,

Which in its self proves the point as you only play at utd that long if your quality,.

Gerrard was a talisman for Liverpool and Rogers has run the same risk as McLaren with Beckham, and had the same result he will live to regret his mgmt of Gerrard this year as 4th place was as easy to reach this season than any other I can remember and Rodgers will never know if had he played him more and In the right way if they could have reached it

Neville was a quality right back with not a lot of competition for his place , but he was quality.
  • Options

The thing is, suppose you rate something as 8 out of 10, I rate it as 6 out of 10 and the general media rates it as 7 out of 10.
    Neither of us would necessarily be wrong. Disagreeing with you doesn't make someone 'braindead' or that they 'know fuck all'. They just disagree with you. That's allowed.

There is still braindead people
    Out there regardless
  • Options
    boogica said:

There is still braindead people
    Out there regardless
    Yeah, true enough.
    Disagreeing with you isn't the determining factor though. :smile: