Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gerrard

Comments

• Options
    For us? ;-)
  • Options
    Quite funny that the news of Steven Gerrard leaving Liverpool has been overshadowed on twitter by Robert Huth participating in a game of 'Cock or no cock'.
  • Options
    Curbs 14/1
  • Options
    Love him as a player, always have. The complete midfielder (in his prime), grew up watching him. Some Liverpool fans seem to think they'll be better off without him. Deluded.
  • Options
    Interesting timing, be interesting if Liverpool either suddenly hit form or totally hit the skids and slide downwards will he change his mind and have one last season? Or is it set in stone....
  • Options
    With Stevie G going to the MLS

What are the chances of him joining Lampard at New York City
  • Options

With Stevie G going to the MLS

What are the chances of him joining Lampard at New York City

They can fail together for New York together rather than England
  • Options
    IMO, the best english player we've had in this country for the last 20 years. Team should have been built around him rather than being shunted on the wings or beind the striker, in his best pos in CM.
  • Options
    I agree with the man above

Great player for England got played out of position more than anyone and dug us out of trouble several times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    superb player and best all round midfielder we've had for many years (possibly in my lifetime)

one of the rare few who could literally carry a team singlehandedly sometimes
  • Options
    With all three retiring (or going into semi retirement in the MLS) recently there’s been a lot of talk about who was the best player of Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes. Of course it’s difficult to compare but both Lampard and Scholes achieved their success surrounded by world class players at Chelsea and Man Utd respectively. Gerrard was the world class player in his team, and the success that he’s achieved was often down to his own determination rather than a collective success like the other two.

Brilliant player and I hope he is a success in the States.
  • Options
    Scholes was a class above either Gerrad or Lampard in my opinion. Gerrard never quite did it for England but there's no doubt he reduced Liverpool on several occasions. This announcement has come about a year too late I'd say. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    When you think back to the time when the England midfield had available the likes of Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham and Joe Cole at their peak, it's a shame we never managed to get the right combination on the pitch.
  • Options

When you think back to the time when the England midfield had available the likes of Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham and Joe Cole at their peak, it's a shame we never managed to get the right combination on the pitch.

Agreed. Mainly because managers (mainly Sven) were afraid to upset them, so played them out of position.
  • Options
    That is a shame. Chuck Hargreaves and Butt into that mix too and it's criminal we didn't do more.
  • Options
    Carter said:

That is a shame. Chuck Hargreaves and Butt into that mix too and it's criminal we didn't do more.

Always forget about Hargreaves. Top player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As far as i'm aware Kanu only ever scored in an FA Cup final.
  • Options
    The BBC are giving this the same coverage as you'd expect if a royal abdication had taken place. A terrific footballer but a 'national tragedy' this is not. Good luck to him in the future
  • Options

Love him as a player, always have. The complete midfielder (in his prime), grew up watching him. Some Liverpool fans seem to think they'll be better off without him. Deluded.

Have you been trying to model your performances on Mr Gerrard by any chance??
  • Options

Have you been trying to model your performances on Mr Gerrard by any chance??
    Yes gaffer. How could you tell?
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

Quality player but still think he sits third in the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debate

Don't agree with that, scholes and lampard played in some superb sides gerrard on the other hand has played in sides that have been pulled apart and reinvented but gerrard kept pulling the strings , and how many times did he pull Liverpool through , personally I thought he was the best midfield player in the world for at least 2 years but most importantly the man conducts himself in the proper manner .
  • Options
    Good luck to Gerrard on whatever he does in the future , maybe lead Liverpool to the title as manager 1 day ,he is a footballing legend and I'm sure he will continue long into the future to help others with his experience and ability .

One of the best footballers I've ever seen.

• Options
    Always found it hard to rate those 3 but I think Gerrard's season where he played behind Torres (07/08?) was the best any of them had though which might sway me towards him. Also because of his big game moments and more highlight plays. Definitely the right time for him to move on though.
  • Options
    boogica said:

Cafc95 said:

Quality player but still think he sits third in the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard debate

Don't agree with that, scholes and lampard played in some superb sides gerrard on the other hand has played in sides that have been pulled apart and reinvented but gerrard kept pulling the strings , and how many times did he pull Liverpool through , personally I thought he was the best midfield player in the world for at least 2 years but most importantly the man conducts himself in the proper manner .
    I think out of the three Scholes is in a league of his own. The only thing Gerrard had over Scholes was goals. Take away the penalties and he's scoring the same, if not less then Scholes. And even with all those top class players in and out of united, Scholes still pulled the strings every season.

Only put Gerrard at the bottom of the list because Scholes and Lampard still looked like world class players at 36. Gerrards only 34 and already looks past it.

and if your talking about conducting yourself in the proper manner, I think thats Scholes in a nutshell
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

boogica said:

Cafc95 said:

I think out of the three Scholes is in a league of his own. The only thing Gerrard had over Scholes was goals. Take away the penalties and he's scoring the same, if not less then Scholes. And even with all those top class players in and out of united, Scholes still pulled the strings every season.

Only put Gerrard at the bottom of the list because Scholes and Lampard still looked like world class players at 36. Gerrards only 34 and already looks past it.

and if your talking about conducting yourself in the proper manner, I think thats Scholes in a nutshell

All about opinions that's why football is such a great game .
    Still rate Gerrard above both of them and nothing will change my mind.
  • Options
    The most depressing thing is that England didn't do anything with that level of quality in the middle of the pitch, there's some good midfielders coming through but I don't think any are/will be on the Scholes/Lampard/Gerrard level. What a shame we've been debating for the last year or so who is the best of those three and not debating who's going to take the crown