Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gerrard

Comments

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Did Gerrard get replaced last year by a secret agent body double designed to build up the hopes of bin-dippers everywhere only to tragically dash them at the best possible moment? Because he's doing a solid job.

Funny, you know for some reason I could never tell the difference between him and Neil Mellor.
  • Options
    Lost a lot of respect for him with the I want to move to chelsea
    Riviera said:

Building a nice legacy as he prepares to set sail from Liverpool Docks. Istanbul seems a distant memory, and many will just see him as an over-rated, under-achieving thug. Liverpool's impressive run comes to an end with his return. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play anymore this season save a late sub appearance in their last game.
    World class means you'd get into a World XI of your peers, in your position. A ridiculously overused term in this country.

Does that mean there can only ever be 11 world class players at Amy one time?

Or is it a 23 man squad of worldies?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Lost a lot of respect for him with the I want to move to chelsea

Riviera said:

Building a nice legacy as he prepares to set sail from Liverpool Docks. Istanbul seems a distant memory, and many will just see him as an over-rated, under-achieving thug. Liverpool's impressive run comes to an end with his return. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play anymore this season save a late sub appearance in their last game.
    World class means you'd get into a World XI of your peers, in your position. A ridiculously overused term in this country.

Does that mean there can only ever be 11 world class players at Amy one time?

Or is it a 23 man squad of worldies?
    Oi Oi Gang Bang?

• Options
    Just another thug with money.
  • Options
    and a good lawyer
  • Options
    just been given a guard of honor as he came out at Anfield
  • Options
    His books fucking dull i know that much, think they just made it an 'easy read' for the scousers
  • Options
    They always seem to forget that he handed in a transfer request to leave in 2005 in order to make more money. So much for unwavering loyalty.
  • Options
    Isn't everyone a "one club man" until they join another club?
    I'm sure Steve claridge was once a one club man.
  • Options
    Yes he was, one club after another!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

They always seem to forget that he handed in a transfer request to leave in 2005 in order to make more money. So much for unwavering loyalty.

And he stayed....

If players like Steven Gerrard are getting slagged off for who they are, then no wonder players have little interest in engaging more with fans these days. The guy is a one off and deserved the utmost respect.
    he had the chance to join
    Chelsea, Inter and Madrid all 3 times he stayed at Liverpool, despite knowing he would have won more trophies had he moved

Proper fan
    Proper Legend
  • Options

Isn't everyone a "one club man" until they join another club?
    I'm sure Steve claridge was once a one club man.

His goal against Palace, oh how I cheered
  • Options
    Well a loss to Palace will be his final home result.

Can't get much worse!
  • Options
    I threw £1.06 on palace 3-1 so that was quite a nice mini-victory.
  • Options
    I thought reason he didn't leave Liverpool was he was told not too by the mob up there who he owed one too ... Allegedly ... Or is that all bullsh*t
  • Options

I thought reason he didn't leave Liverpool was he was told not too by the mob up there who he owed one too ... Allegedly ... Or is that all bullsh*t

There's definitely some truth in that i remember reading about it in his autobiography.
  • Options
    Great support from the micky mousers but they obviously haven't experienced the cauldron of noise at the valley.
  • Options
    They go on about the special anfield atmosphere but that is only the big games. Never do it against little charlton or a Fulham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lampard won't be Chelsea manager.
  • Options
    Gerrard Legend. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Lot of hatred on here for a class player who has had a great career.
  • Options
    Did slip hazard Gerrard ever score against us? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I vaguely remember in running towards us in the away end at Anfield in the prem days. He certainly dived for a pen against us up our end there.
  • Options
    He scored at Anfield with a softish shot that Kiely should have done better with. Think we were leading 1-0 and lost 2-1.
  • Options
    21 April 2003, Bank Holiday Monday game.

Bartlett 47, Hyppia 86 and Gerrard 90 for them.