Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens

Comments

• Options
    @Scoham‌ you could say the same about any of the new signings?! Similarly Tucudean not quite doing it...and many forming an opinion about Bikey and Ben Haim. After the next few games and certainly by end September we will have a good idea whether this team is mid-table (65 points) or whether we can dare to dream of 75+!
    Perhaps it will be the calibre and timing of the next few signings which determines how this pans out?
  • Options
    He finally started delivering in the month or 2 before he left us.

Watch highlights of the 12/13 season, he was terrible and him giving away possession in midfield led to a lot of goals.
    No coincidence that he was not anywhere near the team when we went on our end of season winning run.

Also felt in the 11/12 league one winning season that we were a better team without him.
  • Options
    Dale Stephens. Born: Bolton 12/06/89. Fact.
  • Options
    Dale was a £10 million pound player when he was with us, I'd say now he's left , his true value is about 500k.
  • Options

Dale was a £10 million pound player when he was with us, I'd say now he's left , his true value is about 500k.

£10 million? Have a word with yourself!!

• Options

Ther'se only ever been one player worth £10+ whilst he was with us and he was a lot lot better than Dale.
  • Options

Ther'se only ever been one player worth £10+ whilst he was with us and he was a lot lot better than Dale.

I know . i know , but we always seem to sell our 'star' players cheaply compared to other clubs , aka Southampton.
  • Options
    Back playing for Brighton on the weekend. Good luck to him. He's been another big loss.
  • Options
    Move on.

Just to stop someone else saying it first.
  • Options
    Go back to the posts in August and many saying Buyens is far superior, so no loss. Wonder if those posters still think that?.................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can think of two who sold for way more than that, and at least two I wouldn't have sold for as little as that.
  • Options

Go back to the posts in August and many saying Buyens is far superior, so no loss. Wonder if those posters still think that?.................

The new player effect, the latest signing that has a good debut is much better than what we had before.
  • Options
    I really rated Dale. But the fact is we only saw the best of health when he was playing for a move elsewhere..
  • Options

I really rated Dale. But the fact is we only saw the best of health when he was playing for a move elsewhere..

And when Jordan Cousins played alongside him.
  • Options
    Moved the ball too slowly and hid too much . We were better when he left and Poyet came in
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Buyens is better than him.

Hmmm
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Moved the ball too slowly and hid too much . We were better when he left and Poyet came in

He played his best football in the last two months before his transfer.
    Was winning tackles and could crack a shot.
    I wanted Poyet in the team with him and Cousins.
    If he stays fit should keep Brighton up.

• Options
    Was never really convinced about Stephens; in defensive midfield he would turn his back on his opponent and try to shield the ball, facing his own goal. Vulnerable. Saw him get dispossessed four times in the first 20 minutes of a pre-season friendly against League Two opposition, AFC Wimbledon.
  • Options
    It's the only game he can remember :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Only two Englishmen ahead of him as well...

When you see that Lewis Dunk is 14th in that list it looks laughable that we ever tried signing him last summer
  • Options
    Simon Francis is now a premier league defender, so anything is possible
  • Options
    The 2 players that stand out are the ones not playing for a promotion chasing team

Ross McCormack, who clearly should be in a better team than Fulham, and poor Alan Judge who sadly will miss the Euros after his broken leg
  • Options

We have never really replaced Stephens, Kermogrant and to some extent Morrison since they all left.

Poyet (first time round) and Buyens both did a good job in a similar role to Dale. Indeed Dale only came good in his final season with us
  • Options

We have never really replaced Stephens, Kermogrant and to some extent Morrison since they all left.

Poyet (first time round) and Buyens both did a good job in a similar role to Dale. Indeed Dale only came good in his final season with us
    Dale came good because Jordan Cousins made his debut...

Those two alongside each other meant that Dale could just concentrate on creating play