Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens

Comments

• Options
    masicat said:

What I want to know is why is there such a love in for so mediocre non committed to cafc who at the first chance to leave us leave

Non youth proper charlton players who earn us millions

Fuck them do to clap them don't boo them don't abuse them except Parker and murphy

Ignore them

Nothing personal, but my brain always hurts when I try to decipher one of your posts.
    LOL
    Nothing personal, but I hate text speak!
  • Options
    Not even been on the bench for brighton this season... and they have a reduction in the squad.. getting rid of their so called best players.

On his way out already?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Not even been on the bench for brighton this season... and they have a reduction in the squad.. getting rid of their so called best players.

On his way out already?

Is he not injured? I knwo he had a problem with his ankle end of season/ pre season.
  • Options
    Think he's injured, or maybe returning to fitness.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

On his way out already?

Is he not injured? I knwo he had a problem with his ankle end of season/ pre season.
    I assumed so but couldnt find anything on it.
  • Options
    Be back on the 30th August ready to score a hat-trick in his first game!!
  • Options
    It is rumoured he has had a tattoo, "Dale" in case he forgets his name
  • Options
    He's had "north" tattooed on his head and "south" on his todger just to remind him of his geography....
  • Options
    Average ex player who will amount to nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've got far better now.
  • Options
    Buyens is better than him.
  • Options
    No disrespect to Dale; he played a big part in a great season - and he also scored some really memorable goals - but if he had played as consistently throughout his time here as he did when he wanted a move, then I would no doubt feel a little more disappointed about losing him.

As it stands, Brighton have lost a lot of talent over the summer and, in contrast to last season, we've got stronger and have a midfield with the likes of Gudmundson and Buyens, providing service to the likes of Ventokele.

It may be early days yet, but based on the last 180 league minutes - I wouldn't change a thing. I think we may have a real gem in Buyens. COYR!
  • Options
    Poyet was better last season, Buyens looks better so far this season. Average player who had about 8 good games in 3 years
  • Options
    Too early to say Buyens is better. He might have just played his best 3 games of the season. People were saying Stephens and Hollands were a miles better than Racon and Semedo after a game or two. One didn't step up the Champ and is now in League 2, the other didn't show much consistency until half a season before he left. They were better but neither quite did what we hoped they would at this level.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Too early to say Buyens is better. He might have just played his best 3 games of the season. People were saying Stephens and Hollands were a miles better than Racon and Semedo after a game or two. One didn't step up the Champ and is now in League 2, the other didn't show much consistency until half a season before he left. They were better but neither quite did what we hoped they would at this level.

Except we have it on good authority that Buyens was a mainstay of Liege midfield last season that was top of their league and battling the likes of Hanover in the Europa league. Different gravy and a new hungry, younger CAFC is emerging.
  • Options
    Probably in a very tiny minority but would've liked to see how a midfield 3 of Stephens, Cousins and Buyens would've panned out.
  • Options
    An uneven Charlton career, poor for 2 seasons, excellent for half a season. Only time will tell whether the really good player we saw in 2013/14 was the real Dale Stephens or not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jaddick said:

Probably in a very tiny minority but would've liked to see how a midfield 3 of Stephens, Cousins and Buyens would've panned out.

Sure a front six of:
    Cousins Buyens and Stephens / Poyet /?
    Gudmundsson, Vetokele, Kermo/Delort /?
    Looks good...then again isn't that what the club allude to when they say they are looking for two more signings?

I rated Stephens and paid close attention ever since the Villa move fell over...he was clearly playing for a new contract elsewhere and we did well to cash in and stay up...our midfield looked better after he left with Poyet and Ajdarevic on the scene...let's see how it goes at the Amex in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Stephens is still only 24. We got him when he was 21. Considering Jordan Cousins is going to turn 21 later on this season I think we expected a bit too much from the lad too soon.
  • Options

Stephens is still only 24. We got him when he was 21. Considering Jordan Cousins is going to turn 21 later on this season I think we expected a bit too much from the lad too soon.

Dale Stephens is 27 in December.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/player/5583/dale-stephens
    I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Dale is 24
  • Options

Same link says he's 1.69m tall, or 5 ft 5...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charltonJ said:

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Dale is 24
    Sure he was 23-24 when he came to us.

Edited he's 27 in December, from both Wiki and soccerbase.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Except we have it on good authority that Buyens was a mainstay of Liege midfield last season that was top of their league and battling the likes of Hanover in the Europa league. Different gravy and a new hungry, younger CAFC is emerging.
    It's still about what he does for us rather than anyone else. Djimi Traore was a Champions League winner while Yann failed to impress at Leicester.

So far he looks better and his experience suggests he should be better. Teams might find ways to make it more difficult for him, he could pick up an injury that effects his form, he might just turn out to be inconsistent.

I do think he will do well for but he hasn't done it yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charltonJ said:
    So was I. So was everyone who's older than 21. Am I missing something?
  • Options

charltonJ said:
    So was I. So was everyone who's older than 21. Am I missing something?
    Fucking hell, so was I - what a coincidence. :-)