Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens

Comments

• Options
    Poyet is all ready much better!
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Technique of a prem player, brain of a league one. Thought he was decent enough, the whining about wanting to move got tedious but I have no ill feeling towards him

Brain of a league 1 player? Really??? He was the only one who had an ounce of creativity in a team playing largely percentage football.
    And would Garcia and Nathan Jones buy a player with a poor brain for their expansive passing side????

I agree he did not always shine at Charlton, but that can happen with good players in a poor performing side.
  • Options
    Dale might be a good player but he still can't read a map.
  • Options
    Good player most of the time for us .. I hope he has a right stinker tomorrow .. IF selected
  • Options
    Good luck to the bloke, had some great moments for us but we chose to cash in knowing Poyet was ready to play first team football.

We have not missed him really - but we have missed Yann a lot.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Would be a sub if he stayed.

I doubt it. He was our best player this season until he left.
  • Options
    Stephens and Kermorgant were the best 'footballers' we had. Both technically superior to what else we have and are both showing their ability at their new clubs.
  • Options
    Charlton reject. Charlton reject
  • Options

DeeBee said:

Technique of a prem player, brain of a league one. Thought he was decent enough, the whining about wanting to move got tedious but I have no ill feeling towards him

Brain of a league 1 player? Really??? He was the only one who had an ounce of creativity in a team playing largely percentage football.
    And would Garcia and Nathan Jones buy a player with a poor brain for their expansive passing side????

I agree he did not always shine at Charlton, but that can happen with good players in a poor performing side.
    Although he pulled off some great passes I often felt someone of his ability failed to see easy ones. Tried sometimes to make things hard for himself. And his positional play was god awful
  • Options

He said he wanted to move north. He went to Brighton. It's funny.

Are these actually chill pills? Have you tried them? Were they any good? Where does one acquire such things?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked Stephens and his game was really starting to pick up, so it was frustrating to lose him. But as others have said - Poyet is on another planet potential wise and we don't really miss Stephens at all. There is no way we knew Poyet was a good as he is so selling Stephens was a big risk, but we got away with it. Of course we could still lose Poyet - which would be a bit crap.

When I look at our midfield, I see two of the best young players in the country. Poyet is the best young player I have seen Charlton produce and I have been a supporter since 1975. Cousins is pretty high on that list too. They are only going to get better and keeping them for a couple more years and we will surely have a great chance of the Premiership. Good luck to STephens but the player we are missing is Yann.
  • Options
    What I want to know is why is there such a love in for so mediocre non committed to cafc who at the first chance to leave us leave

Non youth proper charlton players who earn us millions

Fuck them do to clap them don't boo them don't abuse them except Parker and murphy

Ignore them

• Options
    I don't think you can describe this as a love in nla. It's just a few people pointing out that he was a decent player for us, having his best season yet and that his creativity and goals are missed.
  • Options
    It's not just for dale it's for nearly every player who used to play for us we have a thread saying how will we react to x player

What shall we do for yann

Etc

It's sickening tbh they leave we make a few quid thanks very much for your efforts goodbye

Singing he can't read a map is banter it's fine

Singing your a Cnut is not unless it's Parker or murphy
  • Options
    If he had gone to Villa then fair play i would shake his hand and wish him well.
  • Options
    For a playmaker to perform to thier best they need a team around them to benefit from it and to provide outlets for him to exploit, at the start of this season he did not have the team around him, it was only when Jordan Cousins was partnered with him in the middle of the park did Dale start to shine a bit more as he had the freedom to. He has now moved on to develop his career futher so good luck to him with JC and DP now in the side and JR playing who he wants to play (not what RD wants) we are getting some results and hopefully at least a point today !
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

DeeBee said:

Although he pulled off some great passes I often felt someone of his ability failed to see easy ones. Tried sometimes to make things hard for himself. And his positional play was god awful
    Interesting discussion DeeBee. I'm no tactical expert - it would be interesting to hear Tutt-Tutt's view- but by "god awful positional play" I assume you mean he was often in the wrong place on the pitch. I actually thought he was very often in the right place and that was what arguably straight jacketed him. He was in a team that thrived on keeping a tight shape and nicking a goal.

The one part of his game that was perhaps a bit weak was tackling, but he seemed braver this season at that, even challenging for headers from a goal kick! As others say, he also seemed more expansive with a youthful more energetic Cousins next to him.

Ultimately, he did ok at Charlton but was perhaps never a perfect fit for the club. Ironically, under Riga he may well have pushed on to a much higher level. It will be interesting to see how he does over the next year at the Amex.

Hope he has a stinker today btw.
  • Options
    Knobhead
    Only performed when he could be bothered
    That said could deliver a mean free kick!
  • Options
    Can someone please point me in the direction of the interview where he said he wants to move back North?

Pretty sure it was a rumour that came from Reams on into the valley, rather than from Stephens himself
  • Options
    Not fit to lace Poyets boots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can someone please point me in the direction of the interview where he said he wants to move back North?

Pretty sure it was a rumour that came from Reams on into the valley, rather than from Stephens himself

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/8872044/chris-powell-will-allow-homesick-dale-stephens-to-leave-charlton here's one
  • Options
    Loco said:

He said he wanted to move north. He went to Brighton. It's funny.

Are these actually chill pills? Have you tried them? Were they any good? Where does one acquire such things?
    Asking for a friend?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Stephens wasn't very good for us but had a few months of form in what was a poor performing team and suddenly he was a brilliant footballer. I thought he was good footballer and you could see his potential but not bothered he left.
  • Options
    I didn't really notice him today - did he do much?
  • Options
    Dale got a lot of stick when he was here for his inconsistency, did he get much stick from the charlton faithful today?
  • Options

He's been playing very well for Brighton recently.

How dare he?
  • Options

What I want to know is why is there such a love in for so mediocre non committed to cafc who at the first chance to leave us leave

Fuck them do to clap them don't boo them don't abuse them except Parker and murphy

Ignore them

Nothing personal, but my brain always hurts when I try to decipher one of your posts.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

If he had gone to Villa then fair play i would shake his hand and wish him well.

Can you stretch that far?
  • Options

Not fit to lace Poyets boots

Has he got a bad back?
  • Options

Ignore them

Nothing personal, but my brain always hurts when I try to decipher one of your posts.
    LOL