Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dale Stephens

He can't read a map
He can't read a maaaap
Dale Stephens
He can't read a map

Comments

• would be hilair!
  • But he can read a table!

It is true that he has a much greater chance of playing prem football in the short term with brighton, but to say all along he wanted to move up North for family reasons/he was homesick etc. He's a good footballer, but the blokes an idiot
  • cafctom said:

Yes, how dare he say he wants to move up north and then a year later stay south because a really good opportunity for him came along. What a wanker that man is!

Don't forget Robbie Savage left Brum for Blackburn to be "closer to his mum in Wrexham" (despite Birmingham actually being slightly closer to Wrexham than Blackburn) and then 12 months later moved to Derby.

Perhaps not all footballers tell the truth all the time ?
  • Leave it guys , he'll only play a blinder.
  • Na cousins will run him off the park

• poyet will be much better than him in a year or two. he lied basically because he wants more money. surprising since he is a footballer. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• He's been playing very well for Brighton recently.
  • poyet will be much better than him in a year or two. he lied basically because he wants more money. surprising since he is a footballer. ;)

Great for poyet and the team he will be playing for .... Completely irrelevant ATM though
  • who cares? he's gone? was good for half a year in his time with us.He aint scholes thats for sure
  • Would be a sub if he stayed.
  • I don't have any bad feelings for the guy but that would be funny regardless. Why are some people getting their knickers in a twist?
  • I don't have any bad feelings for the guy but that would be funny regardless. Why are some people getting their knickers in a twist?

Because there isn't a single player in Charlton's history who can be mentioned on here without someone wanting to put a boot in.

What is laughable is that people are calling the guy an "idiot" and a "liar", and I would suspect they know the square root of f-all about him as a person.
  • I am so glad that he is gone, only so that I don't have to hear the word "potential" used on here about 500 times a week about him after another cack performance.

At least the people getting insanely overhyped about players now are doing them over ones who are good enough for this level.
  • He said he wanted to move north. He went to Brighton. It's funny.

• The song seems light hearted and clearly a joke, no real malice, i would join in with it tomorrow if it got started.
  • Sponsored links:

• As I said in the preview thread, I liked Stephens and thought he was a decent player who was improving for us. However I hope tomorrow that Poyet crunches him early and shows him who the new boss of the Charlton midfield is.
  • Technique of a prem player, brain of a league one. Thought he was decent enough, the whining about wanting to move got tedious but I have no ill feeling towards him
  • He said he wanted to move north. He went to Brighton. It's funny.

Precisely! I don't know why this has caused so much debate
  • Lol. Love these threads where basically everyone agrees with each other but don't seem to be able to see it!

Stephens was average for us, don't know why as he could have been better, for whatever reason he never seemed to want it enough. I am entirely neutral to him, came in, did a job getting us out of League One but I suspect other clubs will get more out of him and good for them.
  • I nothing Dale Stephens. Improved when he wanted a move but not by that much that anyone was really that bothered when he left. Pretty much one the most forgettable mid-season moves ever.

Will never boo him or clap him. Don't care.
  • Astrid is way better anyway

I think AA has more talent but his poor fitness is a real problem.
  • cafctom said:

Yes, how dare he say he wants to move up north and then a year later stay south because a really good opportunity for him came along. What a wanker that man is!

Don't forget Robbie Savage left Brum for Blackburn to be "closer to his mum in Wrexham" (despite Birmingham actually being slightly closer to Wrexham than Blackburn) and then 12 months later moved to Derby.

Perhaps not all footballers tell the truth all the time ?
    Savage was at Blackburn for exactly three years.
  • Stephens was happier down south towards the end of his time with us. His girlfriend and daughter had put down roots here. He was happy to stay with us. When Brighton (and there was interest from a couple of other clubs) came in and RD said he could go, he chose the team he felt would suit him and give him a decent contract.

Probably a risk in terms of his personal life but he had certainly moved on from the days of homesickness if the previous season.

Thank god. Someone who knows the facts !