Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Burnley Post Match Views

How did they do then, your news and views please

Comments

• Options
    Shit
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2014
    In Top 3 of worst performances all season in my opinion.

Little effort, little creativity and little tactical awareness.

Players are sub-standard.
  • Options
    Can see why burnley are where they are in the league tho we made it easy for them and aren't ever gonna score with church and green on the pitch
  • Options
    League 1 v Premier League - Enough Said!
  • Options
    Yeah, awful. Worst all year. So undangerous
  • Options
    We matched Burnley early on but in the second half we completely capitulated. Shocking 45 minutes - worst I've seen this season.
    We created nothing and gifted them a dreadful third goal. We have no attacking threat whatsoever and are completely clueless up front.
    Hope the players and management are ashamed of that display.
  • Options
    Starting Green almost instantly causes us problems, it did even in League One. Hes good for a late throw-in but other than that, totally out of depth
  • Options
    Awful

Church wasted our best chance at 0-0

Poyet head and shoulders above the rest of our lads

Awful

One of the worst performances I've seen this season, and yes I know Burnley are 2nd in the league. We made it very easy for them though.
  • Options
    Very despondent. Cannot see us scoring the goals to keep us up and too many games coming up with a very weak squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought 0 - 3 flattered them to be honest. Having said that we didn't look like scoring a goal and unless we get two good quality players in this week I'm convinced we are relegated. We won't stay up scoring goals at our current rate.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That was a depressing performance .

All our forwards are awful. Church is league one standard ( if that ) .
    Obeka couldn't trap a bag of cement and Reza gets blown over by the wind.
    Wiggins had a very poor game too.
    Poyet was yet again a class above the rest and you wouldn't blame him if he doesn't sign a contract.

Burnley won't get an easier game all season. FACT
  • Options
    Left at 75 mins to beat the traffic.
  • Options
    Burnley won the game without really having to do much. We were playing well until Burnley scored. If Church put away the 1 on 1 he had with the keeper minutes before it might of been a different game. Is it just me or has Church missed a ton of 1 on 1s this season? Anyways when Burnley scored the pen the match was effectively over. After that we laboured to string two passes together and I cant remember their keeper making a save. Hamer made one huge save in the first half and after that wasnt called into action much either, despite what the scoreline suggests. Horrible game.
  • Options
    Let's be honest, from the start we knew we wouldn't win. We were basically playing with 9 men.

Church and green really are awful. You could say we were playing with 8 players, Jackson really looked so tired!

No idea where we go from here, we have no decent wingers, have no strikers that pose any threat what so ever, has been the story for about two years now
  • Options
    I didn't think the performance was that bad. I thought we played to par for most of the game, i.e. like one of the four worst teams in the division. They are just considerably better than we are.
  • Options
    Burnley were not great.
    We were even worse.
    The penalty wasn't the 'turning point'. We were already shit.
    Church couldn't score In a brothel.
    Poyet was by far our best player.
    You know things are bad when our keeper seems the only one who's up for the fight.

We were piss poor and I actually felt that I wasted my money today.
  • Options
    1 goal in 6 games tells the story!
  • Options
    Can't argue with any of the above.
    Subs today were laughable
    1 AA for Green, a good idea which failed. AA made green look good, and the team lost it's shape
    2 Reza for Church. Light weight for even lighter weight. Sorry son wearing orange boots won't bamboozle any defenders in this league, it seems to be your only hope.
    3 Sordell for MOM the match Poyet. Jose you are a joke if you thing this had any tactical merit what so ever. The only effect this will have is to get young Poyet on the Phone to his Dad tonight asking his advice as to what club he should go to next season.

Still onwards and downwards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    First 20 minutes was good, neat passing, took the game to them and created a few chances. Then Burnley took control. Subs and tactics all wrong today. Green wasn't playing well but the change unbalanced the team. Why take off the best player (Poyet) in a red shirt? Obika was poor today, I attributed his clumsiness on Tuesday to playing out of position but it was much the same today. Still probably the best we have. AA and Reza created very little and am surprised he brought on Reza ahead of Sordell after his cameo on Tuesday. Any passing to feet stopped after the second goal.

Oh well, realistically a defeat was to be expected, even if the manner was disappointing. At least results went our way and we're still out of the bottom 3.
  • Options
    I took Frontline9's advice and won £165.
  • Options
    A well taken goal, a poor decision and an unfortunate own goal against a top of the table team that is on a winning streak and is very competitive, so I am not despondent. I thought until the penalty decision we matched Burnley and could have come back. The timing if the penalty was bad as Reza had just got on. After that we lost heart and fellto pieces a little.

Astrid was hot and cold for his 45 minute appearance, Reza was a bit headless chicken, Wiggins is getting worse by the week, Poyet was hot as ever maybe a little/less effective as he seemed to be targetted and took a few big hits - his substitution my have been to save him from/further pain, Morrison was poor today too. Defence were at times confused no more so when Wiggins and Hamer almost let the ball pass by.

Overall not unhappy about today but only if we don't pick up anything from Forest, Derby, Leeds and Reading
  • Options
    Wiggins keeps coming back inside on himself and in turn puts himself under pressure.

Poyet and Cousins as a central partnership is too defensive. Neither want to get forward into the box, leaving us few options when we do get it forward.

Still have not got 2 wingers. When Green is starting, and he is replaced on the wing with first Church and then Reza it shows we are lacking options. Cousins right back and Wilson right midfield maybe?

Church needs to be dropped. How a player cannot hit a ball with any venom is beyond me. However he made some good runs.

Too reluctant to cross the ball into the box.

• Options
    Truly dreadful performance.

Set up of team not right despite players not being good enough.

Confidence should be higher after our win in the week but clearly both wiggins and wilson seemed affected. When we have the ball at the back they should be encouraged to push higher up the field. Chuch's chance and miss is highlighted because its his only chance. Jason Euell should teach our forwards how to control a ball under pressure because 90% of the time it doesn't stick.

Worryingly Burnley didn't have to get out of second gear today which doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    We looked tired today but we also look badly short of quality

We basically have most of the promoted side who look ok and then a load of chuff

I'm convinced Green and Reza wouldn't look out of place in the conference they are that sub standard

Didn't expect anything so move on to Forest...
  • Options
    I actually thought we matched Burnley in the first half and that they took their one real chance on goal whilst we didn't. And therein lies our problems. Thought Obika played intelligently and was strong on the ball which meant the Burnley defenders were more worried about him and thus giving Church a bit more space. At half time I did think we could get back into this. The penalty killed it for us. I also thought the substitutions today were weird in timing and tactics. If by bringing on all our impotent attack was throwing the kitchen sink at Burnley then out kitchen sink is made for a doll house. I think we lost all shape in the second half especially after taking off Poyet. He does need rest but we just seemed even more clueless after that. Anyway, a game I predicted we would lose and there aren't many easy ones left. So let's just get on with it and see how Riga gets the squad to react after today.
  • Options
    Not much between the two sides in the first half, other than quality finishing. Church through on goal and side foots a shot to their keeper. They score with their first real effort, good goal. A world class save by Hamer prevented it being 0-2 before the break.
    From my view ( upper north) straight on to the pen decision, through it was soft. From then on, we lost our way. Unlucky og for the third, however it was over once the ref gave the pen.
  • Options
    First 30 minutes, not so nad. Around 30 we had a corner with a bit of a trick thing, didn't work but good we are thinking like that. Second half very poor.

Taking Poyet off was the right thing to do. The game was gone, we need him as fresh as possible for future games.
  • Options
    Scoring one goal in 380 minutes of football under an attacking coach, conceding 3. The players need a rest and they can't get that, I guess we need something a bit more than passing football, as our only goal has come from a corner, lol! It's a strange situation. Every teams fans we come up against seems to use the phrase, 'but they dont look like scoring'.. which is spot on